• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • marshall
    All-Pro Zoner
    • May 2003

10 Interesting Facts from the 08-09 NFL Season

The 2008-09 NFL season brought many surprises, great games, and excitement to fans. With all of the excitement, it's sometimes easy to overlook certain things. Here is a list (in no certain order) of 10 very interesting occurrences from the season...

Article on 10 interesting facts from the 08-09 NFL Season. I thought it was pretty crazy about the Flacco/Ryan and the Ryan Grant 1 million dollar incentive bonus one.

"The World is yours"
  • Bruce is Loose
    • Jul 2002

Re: 10 Interesting Facts from the 08-09 NFL Season

In a win over the Buffalo Bills, New England punts on third down on back-to-back possessions, equaling the total number of third-down boots by all NFL teams combined since 1991.
    I forget what the reason to punt on third down was?

Comment

• scartown
      • Dec 2008

Originally posted by tanked
      It was to pin the Bills back when they were against the wind. They were both pooch punts by Cassel. The pats didn't want to risk a bad snap on 4th down to give up the field position.

Comment

• Ingtar33
        Dances With Buffaloes
        • Sep 2002

Originally posted by tanked

It was fear of a return. The NE coverage teams were poor last year... and a good return, or a return for a TD would have won the game for buffalo. BB didn't want to give our special teams a chance to change the course of the game, when the weather and his defense was dominating our offense.

If you remember our return game nearly killed them earlier in the same game.

Throw in the fact that the wind was so horrible a directional punt wasn't feasible, and you're left with a quick kick on 3rd as the best option.
        Last edited by Ingtar33; 06-29-2009, 01:56 PM.
        My wife told me that if I had a dollar for every girl who found me unattractive, girls would find me VERY attractive.

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!

Comment

• Oldbillsfan
          shelby's big brother smilie smilie
          • Mar 2007

they punt on third down twice and the Bills still lose

Comment

Working...
          X