PDA

View Full Version : Is this the most loaded team we have ever had in weapons

Mitchell55
06-28-2009, 03:32 PM
Roscoe, one of the quickest players in the NFL. Scores almost every time he has space

Lynch, pro bowl RB, top 10 back

Jackson, gifted WR and RB, top 5 backup RB in the NFL

Owens, top 5 WR all time.

Evans, one of the fastest WRs in the NFL, off to better start than any bills in NFL history

Edwards, already holds 6 out of the top 10 best completion percentages in a game

Hardy, 6-6 WR who should become a redzone threat

Nelsen, 6-4 TE who plays like a reciever

Reed, great 3rd down and end of game target. Basically like Hines Ward in alot of areas

casdhf
06-28-2009, 03:45 PM
Terrible. Roscoe rarely has an impact on offense. Hardy and Nelson have yet to do anything. And Edwards is the biggest question mark of all.

FlyingDutchman
06-28-2009, 03:53 PM
most loaded ever? you do realize jim kelly, thurman thomas, andre reed, james lofton and a slew of other very talented players played on this team at the same time right?

FlyingDutchman
06-28-2009, 04:01 PM
also, you cant put Hardy and Nelson down as a "weapon". they havent done anything yet. also, josh reed and hines ward dont belong in the same sentence.

Mitchell55
06-28-2009, 04:05 PM
most loaded ever? you do realize jim kelly, thurman thomas, andre reed, james lofton and a slew of other very talented players played on this team at the same time right?

Past that who did we have. Beebe.....

Tasker wasnt that good, Beebe was ok. Besides from 91 year he had the same numbers as Josh Reed. At TE we had Metz but we cant compare him to Nelson yet. Thomas is better than Lynch but he also had a great OL, Jackson is better than any of the backups.

Back then we had
Thomas, Reed, Lofton, Metz

Now we have

Lynch, Jackson, Evans, Owens, Parrish, Reed

Outside of QB which can still change, the 90s weapons have nothing hugely over this team. We have a better backup RB, WR core, and RB, QB, and TE is still in question.

Mitchell55
06-28-2009, 04:06 PM
also, you cant put Hardy and Nelson down as a "weapon". they havent done anything yet. also, josh reed and hines ward dont belong in the same sentence.

Hines ward strengths- sure handed, RAC, blocking, 3rd down catch, catch over the middle. Same exact as Reed

Mitchell55
06-28-2009, 04:07 PM
Terrible. Roscoe rarely has an impact on offense. Hardy and Nelson have yet to do anything. And Edwards is the biggest question mark of all.

Roscoe is a weapon when we get him the ball. Watch the Pats catch, the giants catch, the jags reverse. He is a weapon. Hes one of the quickest players in the NFL and doesnt drop passes

FlyingDutchman
06-28-2009, 04:09 PM
buddy you cant put these guys in the same sentence as these Hall of Famers

Mitchell55
06-28-2009, 04:10 PM
buddy you cant put these guys in the same sentence as these Hall of Famers

Evans off to a better start than reed

Owens is better than Lofton

QB, RB, and TE, who knows yet

Rest as in backups, now we are superior

FlyingDutchman
06-28-2009, 04:12 PM
Hines ward strengths- sure handed, RAC, blocking, 3rd down catch, catch over the middle. Same exact as Reed

Josh Reed? Sure handed? LOL

casdhf
06-28-2009, 04:12 PM
So you think that Trent Edwards is going to have a Jim Kelly-type season? I'm hopeful for him this year, but that is just nuts.

Mitchell55
06-28-2009, 04:14 PM
Josh Reed? Sure handed? LOL

He didnt drop a pass last year. He was 56/56.

FlyingDutchman
06-28-2009, 04:16 PM
ill give you the most loaded within the last 8 crappy seasons maybe. thats it.

Mitchell55
06-28-2009, 04:17 PM
So you think that Trent Edwards is going to have a Jim Kelly-type season? I'm hopeful for him this year, but that is just nuts.

I never said that, im just saying its hard to compare Trent to Kelly just yet wenever HOFers such as Troy Aikemen were worse there 1st few years

FlyingDutchman
06-28-2009, 04:20 PM
He didnt drop a pass last year. He was 56/56.

where did you get this number? also i dont care what some numbers say. ive watched him play. hes gotten better yes, but sure handed he is not. also RAC with Reed? cmon man

FlyingDutchman
06-28-2009, 04:22 PM
you cant compare this offense with the bills offense of the 90s...just cant...its absurd

FlyingDutchman
06-28-2009, 04:36 PM

Tasker wasnt that good, Beebe was ok. Besides from 91 year he had the same numbers as Josh Reed. At TE we had Metz but we cant compare him to Nelson yet. Thomas is better than Lynch but he also had a great OL, Jackson is better than any of the backups.

We had a very solid offensive line. They are players also you realize? Beebe was very solid and Tasker was just as good as Reed if not better at WR. You just made your own arguement that we cant compare Nelson to a great TE like Metzelaars so why are you even saying hes a "weapon" then? I think Jackson is solid but to say that hes better than Kenneth Davis is pushing it.

Goobylal
06-28-2009, 04:36 PM
Kelly, Thurman, Reed, Lofton, Beebe, and McKeller in 1990 were the best the Bills have seen and likely will see in awhile, especially given that O-line.

kscdogbillsfan1221
06-28-2009, 04:40 PM
forgive this thread. This kid has absolutely no perspective and probably did not watch the incredible juggernaut of the early 90s team. it would be nice if this team was like that, but no way. you wanna talk about back up rb, Kenneth Davis was as good as they came. they had two very good TE's in metzelaars and mckellar.

LtFinFan66
06-28-2009, 06:00 PM
I never said that, im just saying its hard to compare Trent to Kelly just yet wenever HOFers such as Troy Aikemen were worse there 1st few yearsAikman

kid mickey
06-28-2009, 06:12 PM
Roscoe, one of the quickest players in the NFL. Scores almost every time he has space

Roscoe is an excellent Punt Returner, hasn't gotten an opportunity to be the top slot man.

Lynch is not a top 10 back. Top 15 yes, but I can name 10 guys that are better.

No way is he in the top 5 as backup RB. He is solid, but I can probably name 10 guys that are better here too.

I wholeheartedly agree with this statement. In fact I'd put him at three. Rice, Moss, Owens.

Evans, one of the fastest WRs in the NFL, off to better start than any bills in NFL history

I agree with this.

Edwards, already holds 6 out of the top 10 best completion percentages in a game

Yet, he can't find the end zone. His play has been average at best.

Too early to tell with him.

Not expecting much this year.

Reed, great 3rd down and end of game target. Basically like Hines Ward in alot of areas

Valuable slot man, but he is not Hines Ward. Poor man's Hines Ward is more like it.

SABURZFAN
06-28-2009, 06:12 PM

these group of players are nowhere near the Super Bowl teams. they have a long way to go to achieve any kind of comparison.

LtFinFan66
06-28-2009, 06:14 PM
most receivers should score most times they have space

SquishDaFish
06-28-2009, 06:31 PM
Another dumb thread bro. You need to stop creating this crap

SABURZFAN
06-28-2009, 06:35 PM
Another dumb thread bro. You need to stop creating this crap

don't read it and we won't have to read a dumb post from you.

LtFinFan66
06-28-2009, 06:35 PM
or you SAB :snicker:

SABURZFAN
06-28-2009, 06:37 PM
or you SAB :snicker:

you know where the ignore button is.... or do you not?

LtFinFan66
06-28-2009, 06:38 PM
nope...never heard of it

Hemlepp53
06-28-2009, 06:38 PM
Okay i see where the guy is coming from. I know everyone is screaming and yelling about the HOF teams we have in the 90's and i agree we can not compare anyone we currently have on the roster to the monsters we had suit up for us in in the 90's..... but should of named the thread - "Is this the best team we have seen in the past decade"... I personally expect a lot from this team over the next 3 -5 seasons. If we can keep the core roster together LIKE WE COULD IN THE 90'S we have a pretty good chance of making the super bowl. It will be interesting to watch.

Lets hope.... if DICK cant pull the season out it will be his last and the front office makes a choice to WIN and DOMINATE... then we have an oppertunity to grab a top tier coach.. hopefully Mike Shanahan, Jon Gruden, Steve Mariucci, Mike Martz, Jim Haslett, or Brian Billick... not sure whoelse is out there watching from the house or a TV studio but i sure as hell would be excited if we could grab one of those guys and THEN we would have one hell of a chance getting to the super bowl within 4 years and winning it. Hopefully the right choice will be made... The one thing no one has mentioned about in this thread is that Marv Levy was our head coach and it was a team he built and that was a huge factor in the 90's ....... who have we had with the clip board since that compares????????

SABURZFAN
06-28-2009, 06:48 PM
nope...never heard of it

good..you might learn something.

LtFinFan66
06-28-2009, 06:49 PM
still looking for said button:idunno:

SABURZFAN
06-28-2009, 06:51 PM
still looking for said button:idunno:

keep looking......

LtFinFan66
06-28-2009, 06:54 PM
no such "button" exists

SABURZFAN
06-28-2009, 06:55 PM
no such "button" exists

keep looking.........

LtFinFan66
06-28-2009, 06:57 PM
nope, not here anywhere

SABURZFAN
06-28-2009, 06:58 PM
nope, not here anywhere

keep looking.........

LtFinFan66
06-28-2009, 06:59 PM
I looked everywhere, even under Valerie's skirt (don't tell Dozer)

SABURZFAN
06-28-2009, 07:03 PM
I looked everywhere, even under Valerie's skirt (don't tell Dozer)

what did you find under there?

LtFinFan66
06-28-2009, 07:03 PM
Can't say

SABURZFAN
06-28-2009, 07:07 PM
Can't say

did you get a picture?

LtFinFan66
06-28-2009, 07:08 PM
tried but my camera broke:idunno:

SABURZFAN
06-28-2009, 07:09 PM
WTF?????? :mad:

LtFinFan66
06-28-2009, 07:10 PM
you got me brother

SABURZFAN
06-28-2009, 07:13 PM
you got me brother

i think you pushed the wrong button. :couch: :snicker:

LtFinFan66
06-28-2009, 07:14 PM
it was dark and scary under there

Nighthawk
06-28-2009, 08:26 PM

It's post like this that make it very obvious how lacking your football knowledge is. This team couldn't even carry the jocks of the Bills teams of the early 90's. :roflmao:

SABURZFAN
06-28-2009, 10:45 PM
It's post like this that make it very obvious how lacking your football knowledge is. This team couldn't even carry the jocks of the Bills teams of the early 90's. :roflmao:

cut the kid a break. he wasn't around during the Super Bowl years.

more cowbell
06-29-2009, 12:31 AM
dude you werent even ALIVE during the superbowl years which included HALL OF FAME calliber players on our offense.

Roscoe Parrish is a complete joke and hasn't done ANYTHING in the NFL to warrant being a weapon...other than being a great punt returner.

lynch a top 10 back? maybe

owens is definetaly a top 5 wr of all time

lee evans is certainly fast but isnt even in the top 20 WR in the nfl...he is massivley overrated and disappears completely in games

edwards has a great completion percentage because he throws 2 yard passes. ala kelly holcomb. Although trent has a lot more potential than kh.

james hardy couldnt catch a cold, let alone be a redzone target....

nelson has never played in the nfl, probally wont start, and was a 4th rd pick...gimme a break dude

reed is a very good 3rd wr but comparing him to heins ward is insaine

jamze132
06-29-2009, 12:48 AM
Is the "new" Mitchell55 we are dealing with now? How was the ban?

Commissioner
06-29-2009, 05:43 AM

You must be really young.

yordad
06-29-2009, 06:11 AM
where did you get this number? also i dont care what some numbers say. ive watched him play. hes gotten better yes, but sure handed he is not. also RAC with Reed? cmon manI disagree.

Historian
06-29-2009, 08:40 AM
This is the craziest premise for a thread.

It's silly.

The strength of the 90's teams was that any one person could miss a game (even Kelly or Smith) and thhe team didn't miss a beat.

This team doesn't even have enough talent to make it to .500

A faier comparison would be the 1970s teams.

Pinkerton Security
06-29-2009, 08:42 AM
lay off the kid hes just excited. how is his post that much worse than the posts by others that correct his spelling? yes most everyone knows when he or anyone else mis-spells something. but dont you guys have something better to do with your time than either read through his posts and list the mistakes made (apparently not), or read through his posts and then rip him for posting at all. Honestly, STOP READING HIS THREADS if they're so bad.

and if you really want to disagree, why not just say why you think hes wrong instead of s****ing on him?

Nighthawk
06-29-2009, 08:52 AM
cut the kid a break. he wasn't around during the Super Bowl years.

I hear ya, but then he shouldn't make such ridiculous statements if he doesn't know or doesn't have the time to research what this organization's history has included.

SABURZFAN
06-29-2009, 09:39 AM
I hear ya, but then he shouldn't make such ridiculous statements if he doesn't know or doesn't have the time to research what this organization's history has included.

that's how this generation rolls.

justasportsfan
06-29-2009, 09:44 AM
SInce the KElly era, yes ,in terms of wr's and rb's. But Qb and OL is still questionable.

yordad
06-29-2009, 10:06 AM
PEOPLE: I believe he said "weapons". I believe this refers to WR and RB and possibly QB.

I DO NOT think it refers to O-Line, defense, or the team. Or production for that matter.
I DO think it refers to the potential and talent of the WRs and RBs.

Just stop bashing and think about it. The WRs and RB talent is very comparable to what it was at it's peek.

LtFinFan66
06-29-2009, 10:13 AM
lay off the kid hes just excited. how is his post that much worse than the posts by others that correct his spelling? yes most everyone knows when he or anyone else mis-spells something. but dont you guys have something better to do with your time than either read through his posts and list the mistakes made (apparently not), or read through his posts and then rip him for posting at all. Honestly, STOP READING HIS THREADS if they're so bad.

and if you really want to disagree, why not just say why you think hes wrong instead of s****ing on him?I correct his spelling to help him out. He is one of those who are the future of our country

ServoBillieves
06-29-2009, 10:19 AM
I actually have to agree with yordad on this one. I know that Mitchell is looked down on but he does make a solid point. This IS the most loaded we've been weapon wise since the early 90's, and somewhat comes close. Lynch/Jackson/Rhodes may not be Thomas/Davis, but both are effective.

The Owens signing reminds me a lot of Lofton coming in, and Evans is our new Reed.

We may look back in retrospect and Mitchell could be right stat wise, but only time will tell.

FlyingDutchman
06-29-2009, 11:46 AM
I disagree.

as far as sure hands or RAC?

Nighthawk
06-29-2009, 11:49 AM
PEOPLE: I believe he said "weapons". I believe this refers to WR and RB and possibly QB.

I DO NOT think it refers to O-Line, defense, or the team. Or production for that matter.
I DO think it refers to the potential and talent of the WRs and RBs.

Just stop bashing and think about it. The WRs and RB talent is very comparable to what it was at it's peek.

No, this team isn't even close to the teams of the early 90's. Sorry, but there is no comparison.

yordad
06-29-2009, 11:53 AM
as far as sure hands or RAC?A little of each. His hands in recent years have been as consistant as ANYONES. I mean he doesn't have break away speed, or incredible hops, but I believe he is in the "sure hands" range.

Also, I believe in his day he spent some time as a RB. Again, he doesn't have break away, but he can break a tackle or two and fight for a first. He isn't a game breaker YACer, but at worst he is decent IMO. A play vs. the Dolphins comes to mind. I believe it was the year before last. He broke like 3 tackles and looked like Bo Jackson while scoring a TD. I would think NFL.com has that play on their game highlights. I am at work, but I will try and find a link (not that one play makes the man, but...).

yordad
06-29-2009, 11:54 AM
No, this team isn't even close to the teams of the early 90's. Sorry, but there is no comparison.So.... am I wrong, or do our opinions just differ?

:duel:

Nighthawk
06-29-2009, 11:57 AM
So.... am I wrong, or do our opinions just differ?

:duel:

In my opinion you're wrong, so that also makes our opinions differing. :console:

SABURZFAN
06-29-2009, 12:00 PM
In my opinion you're wrong

that's nothing new with him.

yordad
06-29-2009, 12:14 PM
OK, I couldn't find that play. Mitchell, you got more time then me ( I think), can you find it?

yordad
06-29-2009, 12:33 PM
In my opinion you're wrong, so that also makes our opinions differing. :console:Well, IMO when it comes down to an opinion, there is no need to be insulting. Especially when the opinion has any merit.
It's post like this that make it very obvious how lacking your football knowledge is.

jamze132
06-29-2009, 12:34 PM
This thread is ****ed. I'm outa here.

Mahdi
06-29-2009, 12:38 PM
In terms of potential it certainly can rival the 90's Bills but only in theory.

Right now the biggest difference between those teams is Jim Kelly vs Trent. If Trent can play to JK's level then this offense can be very close to the glory days.

Owens is by far a much more dominant WR than any we ever had including A. Reed. Evans is the fastest receiver in the NFL with production and J. Reed has a knack of getting open in space.

Fred Jackson has TT like abilities: Great vision, cutting, speed, power, catching, routes etc. And Lynch is possibly the most powerful back in the NFL with the exception of Jacobs, with speed and moves as well as receiving abilities to boot.

This offense has tremendous talent at the skill positions but Trent and our young OL will be the glue that put it all together.

What kind of glue they are is still a ?

sdbillsfan2
06-29-2009, 12:45 PM
Why do people speak about things ,and then defend what they don't even know!
typical Mitchell post. Sorry son, but your wrong yet again !
But we're told to remember , your enthusiastic .

Nighthawk
06-29-2009, 01:26 PM
Well, IMO when it comes down to an opinion, there is no need to be insulting. Especially when the opinion has any merit.

No, he is wrong because he didn't do his research...totally different thing. Fact is, this team can't touch the teams of the early 90's and anybody thinks differently needs to be questioned about their knowledge of football.

Nighthawk
06-29-2009, 01:28 PM
In terms of potential it certainly can rival the 90's Bills but only in theory.

Right now the biggest difference between those teams is Jim Kelly vs Trent. If Trent can play to JK's level then this offense can be very close to the glory days.

Owens is by far a much more dominant WR than any we ever had including A. Reed. Evans is the fastest receiver in the NFL with production and J. Reed has a knack of getting open in space.

Fred Jackson has TT like abilities: Great vision, cutting, speed, power, catching, routes etc. And Lynch is possibly the most powerful back in the NFL with the exception of Jacobs, with speed and moves as well as receiving abilities to boot.

This offense has tremendous talent at the skill positions but Trent and our young OL will be the glue that put it all together.

What kind of glue they are is still a ?

Owens at his age might not be as good as Reed in his prime, so people shouldn't just assume he will be the T.O. of 5 years ago. This is such a ridiculous arguement that I can't understand how some of you can even entertain the idea??!!

Mahdi
06-29-2009, 01:31 PM
No, he is wrong because he didn't do his research...totally different thing. Fact is, this team can't touch the teams of the early 90's and anybody thinks differently needs to be questioned about their knowledge of football.
In terms of a position by position breakdown it definitely can measure up.

Owens vs Reed

Evans vs Lofton

Lynch & Jackson vs Thomas and Davis

After that it will depend on QB and OL play.

Its not that far fetched in theory. In reality a lot would have to fall in place, and fast.

Mahdi
06-29-2009, 01:33 PM
Owens at his age might not be as good as Reed in his prime, so people shouldn't just assume he will be the T.O. of 5 years ago. This is such a ridiculous arguement that I can't understand how some of you can even entertain the idea??!!
Owens had a down season last year and still managed over a 1000 yards, 69 rec, and 10 TDs.

Pair him with a guy like Evans and he can easily have a 1200 yd, 15 TD season.

Trent permitting.

yordad
06-29-2009, 02:25 PM
No, he is wrong because he didn't do his research...totally different thing. Fact is, this team can't touch the teams of the early 90's and anybody thinks differently needs to be questioned about their knowledge of football.Your right!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It is different, but it is YOU who CAN'T SEEM TO UNDERSTAND!!!

HE ISN"T TALKING ABOUT THE TEAM!!!! HE ISN"T SAYING THEY WILL GO TO THE SUPERBOWL!!

HE IS SAYING THEY HAVE COMPARABLE TALENT IN THE WEAPONS DEPARTMENT!! I MEAN HELL, TO is the most accomplished WR the Bill shave EVER had!!!!

Not complicated MR FOOTBALL KNOWLEDGE!! Clerarly your superior football mind can grasp this!!

Mudflap1
06-29-2009, 02:30 PM
I understand where Mitchell is coming from with the thread. The current Bills have some weapons. Owens and Evans are good, and Reed is reliable. Evans should not be compared to Andre Reed though. A. Reed will be in the Hall of Fame one day. Thurman Thomas was one of the top 2-3 running backs in the NFL in the early 90s. Lynch is not one of the top 2-3 backs in the NFL. Maybe top 10-15. McKellar and Metzelaars were reliable, and Metzelaars even made a Pro Bowl. The Bills tight ends have proven nothing. The entire TEAMS just do not stack up at all. This Bills team is a 6-10 caliber team, while the early 90s teams won 13, 13, 11, and 12 games.

The problem is, the offensive line is a complete enigma. The 90s Bills had a great offensive line. Their weapons are only going to be as good as their offensive line allows them to be. If the team can't run the ball, and the QB doesn't have time to pass, their weapons aren't going to produce.

Also, comparing Edwards to Kelly is just wrong. Kelly is a first ballot Hall of Famer. Edwards (so far) is a young Kelly Holcomb (dump offs galore) who is injury-proned.

Nighthawk
06-29-2009, 02:50 PM
Your right!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It is different, but it is YOU who CAN'T SEEM TO UNDERSTAND!!!

HE ISN"T TALKING ABOUT THE TEAM!!!! HE ISN"T SAYING THEY WILL GO TO THE SUPERBOWL!!

HE IS SAYING THEY HAVE COMPARABLE TALENT IN THE WEAPONS DEPARTMENT!! I MEAN HELL, TO is the most accomplished WR the Bill shave EVER had!!!!

Not complicated MR FOOTBALL KNOWLEDGE!! Clerarly your superior football mind can grasp this!!

Wow...relax sweetheart! And to reiterate...this team doesn't touch the skill positions of the early 90's Bills teams...keep trying to argue, but it still doesn't make it so.

yordad
06-29-2009, 02:55 PM
In terms of a position by position breakdown it definitely can measure up.

Owens vs Reed

Evans vs Lofton

Lynch & Jackson vs Thomas and Davis

After that it will depend on QB and OL play.

Its not that far fetched in theory. In reality a lot would have to fall in place, and fast.Look out! He negged me for saying basically the exact same thing, lol.

yordad
06-29-2009, 02:58 PM
Wow...relax sweetheart! And to reiterate...this team doesn't touch the skill positions of the early 90's Bills teams...keep trying to argue, but it still doesn't make it so.It is an opinion. It isn't something one can prove. I am arguing that your reply was rude. I am arguing that you appearently didn't understand the original post, or any of my replies. I am arguing that you are not as high, mighty, and all knowing as you think you are. It is clearly not a fact and debatable, becasue it IS being debated.

Therefor even if the early 90s Bills were way more talented in the "weapons" department, you are still wrong.

SABURZFAN
06-29-2009, 03:45 PM
Wow...relax sweetheart! And to reiterate...this team doesn't touch the skill positions of the early 90's Bills teams...keep trying to argue, but it still doesn't make it so.

why bother arguing with a ******? to say that TO is the most accomplished WR the Bills ever had is a joke. he hasn't taken the field in a Bills uniform, for one, and Andre Reed was just as good as TO, if not better. Metzalaar was better than every TE on the roster combined. Lynch and Jackson are nowhere where Thomas and Davis were. i believe Thurman led the league in yards combine (rushing and receiving) a year or two. i could be wrong though. Edwards can't hold Jimbo's jock.

we can see where Mitchell is excited about the weapons the Bills have accumulated. it's the best we've seen since the Super Bowl years. though he may not have been alive back then, in his eyes, this IS probably the best Bills team that he has seen in his young life. as for the ******, it is what it is..... a ******.

SABURZFAN
06-29-2009, 03:54 PM
This thread is ****ed. I'm outa here.

:bf1:

i thought he'd never leave. take yordouche with you.

jamze132
06-29-2009, 04:18 PM
:bf1:

i thought he'd never leave. take yordouche with you.
Sorry kimosabe, not a huge fan...

Nighthawk
06-29-2009, 05:14 PM
why bother arguing with a ******? to say that TO is the most accomplished WR the Bills ever had is a joke. he hasn't taken the field in a Bills uniform, for one, and Andre Reed was just as good as TO, if not better. Metzalaar was better than every TE on the roster combined. Lynch and Jackson are nowhere where Thomas and Davis were. i believe Thurman led the league in yards combine (rushing and receiving) a year or two. i could be wrong though. Edwards can't hold Jimbo's jock.

we can see where Mitchell is excited about the weapons the Bills have accumulated. it's the best we've seen since the Super Bowl years. though he may not have been alive back then, in his eyes, this IS probably the best Bills team that he has seen in his young life. as for the ******, it is what it is..... a ******.

My bad...you know what they say, feed the rats and they'll keep coming back. I'm done discussing something with somebody who really doesn't get it.

Nighthawk
06-29-2009, 05:15 PM
Look out! He negged me for saying basically the exact same thing, lol.

:nuk:

acehole
06-29-2009, 05:27 PM
The Bills must have read this board...my posts in particular.

OpIv37
06-29-2009, 05:42 PM
How the hell did this piece of garbage thread go 5 pages?

Mitchell55 completely underrates the early 90's team, which is somewhat understandable since he was too young to witness it. Mitchell55 completely overrates the current team, which shows that all his football knowledge comes from Madden 09 and discredits his opinions.

That's all that needed to be said.

Mr. Pink
06-29-2009, 05:47 PM
:rofl:

Who let you out of your cage?

This team isn't even as loaded as the 2004 roster.

Moulds, Evans, Reed, McGahee, Henry...along with a borderline HOF QB throwing the rock...

I won't even get into 02 with Price and Moulds...along with Riemersma, Centers, Henry, Reed.

Hemlepp53
06-29-2009, 06:02 PM
Mitchell55 completely overrates the current team, which shows that all his football knowledge comes from Madden 09 and discredits his opinions.

Madden 09... thats classic... i like that man...

Mudflap1
06-29-2009, 06:08 PM
:rofl:

Who let you out of your cage?

This team isn't even as loaded as the 2004 roster.

Moulds, Evans, Reed, McGahee, Henry...along with a borderline HOF QB throwing the rock...

I won't even get into 02 with Price and Moulds...along with Riemersma, Centers, Henry, Reed.

I was considering writing the same thing... '02 had better offensive weapons overall.

TigerJ
06-29-2009, 10:23 PM
Evans and Owens at WR and Lynch at RB is a pretty good core of offensive skill players. Jackson is an excellent backup RB who can be a factor in the passing game. I agree that Parrish has quickness to spare, but as a WR he's been a disappointment. Whether that's due to the OC's missuse or underutilization of Parrish or he's just too small to beat the jam at the line or for the QB to find him, I'll let the experts decide; but until he produces more as a receiver it's tough to figure him in as a major cog in the Bills' offense. Reed is an excellent role player, but I don't think he's in Hines Ward's league, which is why Buffaloo signed Terrell Owens. I like the potential of Hardy and Nelson (and BTW, I've usually seen Nelson listed as 6'5") but until they do something on the field, potential is all it is. Lastly, I also like Edwards, but he's not yet consistent enough to convince me the offense is a sure bet to be super explosive this season. We'll see.

TigerJ
06-29-2009, 10:31 PM
One more thing, while quite a few pundits are very high on Buffalo's talent at the offensive skill positions, they need the newly reconfigured offensive line to gel quickly and the young guys to get up to speed stat, or all the offensive weapons won't have that big an impact.

HHURRICANE
06-30-2009, 08:24 AM

And no o-line to block for them.

Mahdi
06-30-2009, 08:47 AM
I was considering writing the same thing... '02 had better offensive weapons overall.
04 and 02 dont even come close to comparing to what we have now.

First of all Owens is the only HOF WR present on any of the rosters. Put him up against Moulds and its no contest. Owens is bigger, faster, stronger, better in the redzone etc.

At #2 WR Evans is better than both Price and the younger version of himself. In fact its not even close.

Josh Reed is also better now than he was before, much smarter and more reliable.

So that puts WR to rest and anyone who argues otherwise is nuts.

At RB Lynch is better than McGahee and wayyyyy better than Henry. He runs with more power than either of them catches the ball better or just as good as either of them and has moves and wiggle.

Fred Jackson is a much better complement to Lynch than Henry was to McGahee or vice versa. When McGahee took over Henry just rotted on the bench. Last year and even more so this year coming up Lynch and Jackson will be a tandem that can work together and off each other in many different ways.

I'll take Lynch/Jackson over McGahee/Henry without a thought.

The only difference in this whole equation is Bledsoe vs Edwards. Edwards has more pocket presence and has way more mobility. From minicamp videos its evident that he has worked on arm strength so assuming he puts it all together in his 3rd year the 09 Bills roster is waaay superior than both the 04 and 02 rosters in terms of offensive skill players.

justasportsfan
06-30-2009, 08:58 AM
The only difference in this whole equation is Bledsoe vs Edwards. Edwards has more pocket presence and has way more mobility. From minicamp videos its evident that he has worked on arm strength so assuming he puts it all together in his 3rd year the 09 Bills roster is waaay superior than both the 04 and 02 rosters in terms of offensive skill players.

Killdrive vs. Turd.

Pocket presence means nothing . Trent shouldn't even be compared to Drew right now. As much as Drew was way overrated, Trent still can't hold his jock.

yordad
06-30-2009, 09:03 AM
why bother arguing with a ******? to say that TO is the most accomplished WR the Bills ever had is a joke. he hasn't taken the field in a Bills uniform, for one, and Andre Reed was just as good as TO, if not better.Huh? Ironic. Your calling someone a ******? Look at the career stats of the WRs in question. I said, "TO is the most accomplished WR the Bills have ever had". Where did I say he accomplished his accomplishments AS a bill?

Let me help. TO is a Bill. TO is very accomplished. He is the most accomplished WR the Bills have ever had on their roster. As opposed to "accomplished more then any player as a Buffalo Bill". Get it? Your the one who took it in context and somehow managed to misinterprete it.

Reed may have been as good as TO, but I don't think he is as accomplished. TO is a first ballot HOFer.

yordad
06-30-2009, 09:23 AM
Oh yeah, Reed caught 10 or more TDs during a season once in his career. TO has done it like 8 times, including LAST YEAR.

SABURZFAN
06-30-2009, 10:06 AM
:z:

Ingtar33
06-30-2009, 12:25 PM

well... i don't agree at all with this post... but i understand you're what? 16? which means you were 1 or 2 when the Bills last made a Superbowl

In your memory this must seem like the best Bills "offense"... however i'll respectfully disagree...

1) Thurman Thomas was a much better RB then Marshawn Lynch. To use a comparison which might resonate, Thomas was about as big an impact on the field as Marshal Faulk was for the Rams. His backup Kennith Davis would have been a 1000 yard rusher on pretty much any other team. our backfield was loaded.

2) Andre Reed, James Lofton, Don Beebe > Lee Evens, Terrel Owens, Josh Reed. Barely. If we were talking about Owens from 5 years ago, i would think the current WR core in the class of that Bills football team. Understand.. James Loften, when he retired, was one of the 3 greatest WR ever statistically, and remains perhaps the greatest deep threat ever to play the game. Andre Reed retired as the #3 WR in the league behind only Chris Carter and Jerry Rice (and ahead of James Lofton). In short, we're talking about a WR squad that included two top 5 WR in league history. Reed and Kelly were the late 80's early 90's version of Manning to Harrison, and the equivalent of Montana to Rice.

3) early 90's Bills Oline > current Bills oline. I shouldn't have to debate this point, as our current o-line is in flux and will start 3 new players, and 5 players in new positions this year.

4) The K-Gun was named for Keith McKeller. When McKeller went down with injury, ruining his promising career, Pete Metzelaars stepped up and filled his shoes. Call me when the Bills field a tight end who finishes a season with 70 receptions 700 yards and more then 5 TDs... then we'll talk if we're fielding a better TE then that bills offense did.

5) I like Edwards a lot, i think he has the potential to be something great. But he's not great yet. Jim Kelly wasn't just great. He was legendary. You're 10 years too early to compare Edwards to Kelly.

yordad
07-02-2009, 06:03 AM
Intar, they had one the best o-lines ever.

Jan Reimers
07-02-2009, 07:33 AM
All I can say is, many young people lack a historical perspective. This thread proves it.

Typ0
07-02-2009, 07:58 AM

actually, this team can be better than the team of the 90s because that team failed to win the big one.

SABURZFAN
07-02-2009, 08:20 AM
Sorry kimosabe, not a huge fan...

i hear you. yordouche can't buy a friend.

SABURZFAN
07-02-2009, 08:23 AM
All I can say is, many young people lack a historical perspective. This thread proves it.

too many video games and not enough reading. :shakeno:

patmoran2006
07-02-2009, 11:32 AM

Back then we had
Thomas, Reed, Lofton, Metz

Now we have

Lynch, Jackson, Evans, Owens, Parrish, Reed

Outside of QB which can still change, the 90s weapons have nothing hugely over this team. We have a better backup RB, WR core, and RB, QB, and TE is still in question.
Would you consider Pro bowl calibre OL as "weapons?"
I would.

And who does our current OL consist of? Our most proven OL right now is Langston Walker, and he's considered as average (at best)

yordad
07-02-2009, 05:54 PM
Would you consider Pro bowl calibre OL as "weapons?"
I would.A... no. And you know this. Otherwise he would have said "offense". :doh:

BuffaloRanger
07-03-2009, 02:15 PM
Regardless of the weapons it's still the same coaching staff.

In case you forgot please review game tape of:

49ers game
Browns game
2nd Miami game
2nd Jets game
2nd Pats game

Witness the coaching incompetence at its finest.

Then explain to me how the weapons will be used correctly.

SabreEleven
10-14-2009, 11:47 AM

How is this working out?

Mahdi
10-14-2009, 12:03 PM
How is this working out?
Not good. Trent is the one pulling the Trigger.

Jan Reimers
10-14-2009, 12:03 PM

Take Roscoe (totally ineffective), Owens (well past his prime), Edwards (unproven and regressing fast), Hardy (unproven) and Nelson (unproven) off your list and you have...a much shorter list.

Not only did the early '90s team have more weapons, but so did the mid '60s championship teams with Kemp, Dubenion, Gilchrist et. al.

Mr. Pink
10-14-2009, 12:37 PM
As I stated when this thread first made the rounds...

This team isn't even as talented as the 02 roster.

trapezeus
10-14-2009, 01:00 PM
why not take Evans off the list. he's a disappointment. never open, never makes a clutch 3rd down, can be taken out easily with a safety and an aggressive DB.