PDA

View Full Version : Positional Power Rankings: QB packages

madness
06-29-2009, 12:11 PM
Positional Power Rankings: QB packages

<!-- // Writer Attribution// --> <!-- Meta Tag For Search --> <!-- meta name="author" content="Adrian Hasenmayer"--> <!-- meta name="source" content="FOXSports.com"--> <!-- meta name="eventId" content=""--> <!-- meta name="contentTypeCode" content="1"--> <!-- meta name="editorContentCode" content="1"--> <!-- meta name="blurb" content="Tom Brady is the game's best QB, but one injury and the Pats miss the playoffs. Adrian Hasenmayer ranks every team's QB corps."--> <!-- meta name="modDate" content="June 26, 2009 23:55:14 GMT"--> by Adrian Hasenmayer, FOXSports.com

<script type="text/javascript"> //document.getElementById('number_of_comments').innerHTML = commentCount+" Comments"; </script> <!-- // Story Content // --> <script> if(fanid.length > 0 && typeof(nflDefaultLeague)!= "undefined") { leagueId = nflDefaultLeague; //find teamId of default league (if exists) for(var i=0; i < teamsInfo.length; i++){ if(teamsInfo[4] == leagueId){ defaultTeamId = teamsInfo[i][0]; } } var fantasyLeaguePlayerJsPath = 'http://msn.foxsports.com' + '/nugget/200002_' + leagueId + '|||' + fanid; } </script> In the modern NFL, forget about your starting quarterback lasting the entire season
Quarterback is still king and rates as the most important position on the field, but in today's NFL teams often go through as many as three QBs in simply surviving the regular season. Even with rules slanted to protect the passer, a strong benefits package is suggested if you're an NFL quarterback.

So which teams are best positioned to not just survive, but flourish at quarterback in 2009? For the purposes of our rankings, the goal for every team is to find two, if not three, guys who can come in and start in case of injury emergencies. Ideally, the backups would include a veteran who has been through the NFL battles and a young, talented prodigy the team is grooming for the future.

A great starting QB alone is most important, but a lack of solid backups can mean a steep drop. Super Bowl experience definitely helps, since it's all about winning.
[I]*NOTE: Also, this list is for the 2009 season.

<table class="bgBdr" width="100%" align="center" border="0" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="1"><tbody><tr class="bgHigh" onmouseover="this.className='bgHigh';" onmouseout="this.className='bgC';" align="left"><td valign="top">12.</td> <td valign="top"><center>BILLS
http://msn.foxsports.com/fe/img/NFL/TeamLogo/Medium/2.gif</center></td> <td valign="top"> Trent Edwards
Ryan Fitzpatrick
Gibran Hamdan (RFA)
Matt Baker</td> <td valign="top" width="60%">Edwards is the perfect quarterback to build around, which is exactly what Buffalo has done this offseason — the T.O. addition being a biggest move. If Terrell Owens can enhance and not inhibit Edwards' development, it's a huge win for the Bills. Credit Buffalo for a nice little pickup this offseason at their backup spot, grabbing Ryan Fitzpatrick from Cincy — who played admirably (especially down the stretch) while filling in for Carson Palmer in '08.</td></tr></tbody></table>
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/9735822/Positional-Power-Rankings:-QB-packages

yordad
06-29-2009, 01:23 PM
12? Huh? I think that is high.

EDS
06-29-2009, 05:19 PM
I wonder who will be the "surprise" QB this season (i.e., someone who comes out of seemingly nowhere to impress, such as Cassell last year. Derek Anderson before that, etc.).

Mr. Pink
06-29-2009, 05:53 PM
12 is way too high, imo.

We have a streaky QB and backups that rival CFL talent.

If Trent can show consistency and stay healthy, then maybe, maybe we'd be in the top half of the league at the position.

Mudflap1
06-29-2009, 06:51 PM
Trent Edwards ranked ahead of playoff, Super Bowl, and Super Bowl MVP quaterbacks. Yes, very realistic list.

Hemlepp53
06-30-2009, 05:33 AM
I still love it knowing these are out there. It gives me some glimmer of hope we are on the right track. Now all we need to do is fix the coaching problem...

The Popcorn
06-30-2009, 01:04 PM
The acquisition of Terrell Owens makes it #12. The QB ranking would be in the 20's if he were not in Buffalo.