PDA

View Full Version : Gaborik is a Ranger

BuffaloRanger
07-01-2009, 08:58 PM
no bitter sabres fan comment necessary.

SabreEleven
07-01-2009, 09:02 PM
I'm not bitter. This is just another stupid signing by the Rangers that they are going to regret. They are the anti-Sabres. They make stupid signing after stupid signing and go no where. What is really riduclious is the Years and Money he got. 5 yrs./ 7.5 per...

Nighthawk
07-01-2009, 09:04 PM
no bitter sabres fan comment necessary.

I cannot believe they gave him that much money...what a joke! Hey, but these are the Rangers. :wtf: :crazy:

BlackMetalNinja
07-01-2009, 09:22 PM
Have fun trying to keep him on the ice...

Games Played:
2006-2007 - 48
2007-2008 - 77
2008-2009 - 17

He's over a point/game player, but it's like Tim Connolly, is it worth it if he's not on the ice the majority of the time?

Nighthawk
07-01-2009, 09:27 PM
Have fun trying to keep him on the ice...

Games Played:
2006-2007 - 48
2007-2008 - 77
2008-2009 - 17

He's over a point/game player, but it's like Tim Connolly, is it worth it if he's not on the ice the majority of the time?

It makes Connolly look like a bargain and I HATE his contract!

SabreEleven
07-01-2009, 09:44 PM
He makes Connolly look like Lou Gehrig.

Mr. Pink
07-02-2009, 01:28 PM
Way too much for a guy who while talented can't stay seem to stay healthy enough to be a long term factor.

No different than Connolly really and like Night stated makes the TC contract look like a bargain.

BuffaloRanger
07-03-2009, 01:01 PM
No different then Connelly unless you consider that Timmy has never scored more then 20 goals in a season while Gaborik has scored 30+ goals 5 times.

Gaborik had 42 goals in 06-07 alone. Timmy has 88 career goals.

To put it in perspective...For the price of Connelly and Hecht we could have added a player one season removed from 40+ goal season. We better hope his injury issues continue.

The Rangers have made the playoffs every year since the lockout. But yet Sabres fans feel entitled to laugh at the Rangers and say they suck. With the money they spend and the big names they bring in not winning the cup is considered failure and laughed at by fans of cheap teams that sign nobodies and don't even make the playoffs. Like us Sabres fans. Even though we are left hoping not to be a cup contender but only to somehow sneak into that 8th playoff position.

Like it or not, league-wide the Sabres organization is considered much more of a joke then the Rangers organization.

Teams that finished ahead of the Sabres are making efforts to bolster their rosters. Someone please name the two teams that finished ahead of the Sabres in the standings last season that the Sabres are going to jump ahead of. Players may still be moved through trades, but what are the chances they will be big improvements over what they gave up?

The Sabres are content to pick thru the scraps. Maybe it will work this summer. It didn't the last two.

From my user name you might assume I also like the Rangers. Not in the least. It's an army thing.