PDA

View Full Version : Great article by Bucky

Nighthawk
07-02-2009, 10:34 AM
This sums up this organization's actions (err, inactions) in a nutshell. Great article.

http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/columns/story/721201.html

bigbub2352
07-02-2009, 11:59 AM
He is and has been spot on while calling out our horrible Owner and Management
This is a joke as i stated in another thread i have not hated a roster or managemnt more in 20yrs than i do right now

trapezeus
07-02-2009, 12:04 PM
the bubbling of the sabres organization is only matched by the bills for the most part. how they tried to have a QandA 30 minutes after free agency starts is beyond me.

I get the sense that ruff is just broken from building up good teams to watch them get dismantled prematurely.

Reiger isn't relaly to blame. he has a set of orders that keeps them from getting anywhere. They don't seem to be commited to anyone on defense for more than 2 years....they took roy and vanek to be on the same line long term, but then haven't found anyone they wanted to compliment them.

its a sad day when you can say this, but if the sabres could follow the bills lead and get a TO like player who will make a good evans much better merely by being out there, then they should do that. it's a joke the way they run this team.

They are halfassing it out there more nights and try to lie to us that they get stage fright when in buffalo, and they are still in the hunt for the playoffs in Feb/March....but they've got a bunch of slackers who don't listen to their coach. So either you need players to get them out of that mindframe, or they need a new coach. Which one is it? Front Office won't address it.

chernobylwraiths
07-02-2009, 12:23 PM
t
Reiger isn't relaly to blame. he has a set of orders that keeps them from getting anywhere. They don't seem to be commited to anyone on defense for more than 2 years....they took roy and vanek to be on the same line long term, but then haven't found anyone they wanted to compliment them.

How can you say the first sentence and then basically prove it wrong with the rest of it. If you can't make your team better and actually make it worse by making bad moves or not making any, then it is YOUR fault! And don't give me the "he is being told how much money he can spend" garbage. You don't keep a job if you are being told to make the wrong moves. It is his job to tell his bosses who he needs and how much it will cost. Who signed Hecht, Connolly, Lydman to contract extensions?

Nighthawk
07-02-2009, 12:47 PM
How can you say the first sentence and then basically prove it wrong with the rest of it. If you can't make your team better and actually make it worse by making bad moves or not making any, then it is YOUR fault! And don't give me the "he is being told how much money he can spend" garbage. You don't keep a job if you are being told to make the wrong moves. It is his job to tell his bosses who he needs and how much it will cost. Who signed Hecht, Connolly, Lydman to contract extensions?

I agree...it seems somewhere along the line Regier has been given a pass by many fans. Don't fool yourself, this guy isn't very good and never has been. People always bring up the Briere trade or the Drury trade, but what has he done since? It's just another excuse that makes Buffalo fans feel better and allows them to try to place all of the blame on the hated Larry Quinn. I get everybody hates Quinn, but more people should hate Darcy and the poor job he does at picking talent and trying to make trades, only not to make them because he is too scared he'll get burned. That is a sure sign of a loser.

trapezeus
07-02-2009, 12:49 PM
what other options does he have really? his only option to be successful is to draft well and then keep them. but the team's money management does want anything to do with a high end contract. connelly, if he played to his potential, would have been gone. they were happy selling us this crap that he might have something in him left. they'd have never signed him worrying that his year 5 end of the contract is a bad deal.

all i know is sabres hockey has been a bad deal for me the last 2 years. when are they going to worry about my freaking 30 year contract with the team and my desire to see a championship team out there?

Nighthawk
07-02-2009, 01:07 PM
what other options does he have really? his only option to be successful is to draft well and then keep them. but the team's money management does want anything to do with a high end contract. connelly, if he played to his potential, would have been gone. they were happy selling us this crap that he might have something in him left. they'd have never signed him worrying that his year 5 end of the contract is a bad deal.

all i know is sabres hockey has been a bad deal for me the last 2 years. when are they going to worry about my freaking 30 year contract with the team and my desire to see a championship team out there?

Never, they don't care about winning and it shows. There is no punishment in this organization for not winning or putting the best product on the ice, so why should they care about winning a cup?

trapezeus
07-02-2009, 02:08 PM
nighthawk, that's exactly right. if the ownership/FO, can get away with lollying gagging and giving up on seasons, what message does that send the players? Probably, don't skate so hard, we don't really care one way or the other if we win. You win games here, you get a big contract somewhere else. You lose all your games here, we'll try to keep you on the payroll at an inflated cost.

No wonder these teams fold when the going gets tough. they witness is from the top.

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
07-02-2009, 02:47 PM
Hey ****y, your wrong AGAIN! do us all a favor and just QUIT or RESIGN!

Nighthawk
07-02-2009, 02:55 PM
Hey ****y, your wrong AGAIN! do us all a favor and just RESIGN!

Wrong...as usual, you have no idea what you're talking about, so please...just stop.

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
07-02-2009, 03:52 PM
now this is an article should look like NOT ****y Gleason's rants every chance he gets

http://sabres.nhl.com/team/app/?service=page&page=NewsPage&articleid=433232

Ebenezer
07-02-2009, 03:53 PM
I'm not saying Bucky is wrong but he probably had that article written last year and can rerun each year...just insert the name of the cheap free agent for each year.

Nighthawk
07-02-2009, 09:17 PM
I'm not saying Bucky is wrong but he probably had that article written last year and can rerun each year...just insert the name of the cheap free agent for each year.

I'm confused? And that is Bucky's fault how? I think it pretty much sums up how poorly this team is run if you can keep using the same article and it still be up to date.

JD
07-03-2009, 10:23 AM
now this is an article should look like NOT ****y Gleason's rants every chance he gets

http://sabres.nhl.com/team/app/?service=page&page=NewsPage&articleid=433232

:crazy:
Lay off the koolaid

SabreEleven
07-05-2009, 11:26 AM
Hey ****y, your wrong AGAIN! do us all a favor and just QUIT or RESIGN!

Do you work for Elklund? Cause you are both right the same amount of time.

SabreEleven
07-05-2009, 11:28 AM

Maybe if the Sabres stopped signing the same cheap free agent every year it would give Bucky something different to write about.

trapezeus
07-06-2009, 10:33 AM
Losman Wins, you look at a Kevin Sylvester written piece, aka the mouth of the sabres organization, and think "hey, that's a fair assessment of the team."?

Look at what the sabres have done in the last 2 years. they are good enough to be a playoff team, but they are slackers. they don't dig nearly hard enough to make the playoffs, what makes you think they have the heart to be cup bound? Slyvesters comment on Spacek is that he liked him because he did the post game interviews.

This team isn't getting into the playoffs with the changes they've made for another 2 years until these grittier guys can complement Vanek and Roy. Connolly needs to stay healthy or just retire to save this team some cash.