X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mahdi
    • Mar 2004

Calvin Pace Suspended - 4 games

With Gholston coming along very slowly and reports that he had a weak minicamp and now this.... the OLB spot in Rex's defense is not looking good for the first 4 games.

Jets defensive end/linebacker Calvin Pace, one of the crown jewels of the team's 2008 class of high-priced free agents, will be sitting out for the first four games of the 2009 season.
  • Luisito23
    Men Have Superbowl Gold, Legends Have Platinum Hearts!!!
    • Apr 2003

Re: Calvin Pace Suspended - 4 games

Good!...I wish nothing but the worst for them.
    "Expect rejection, but expect more to overcome it."
    ***Marv Levy.***

"Coach Levy is one of the most inspirational people that I have ever known."
    ***Thurman Thomas.***

"You're not going to find a more classier, down-to-Earth person away from the field than Marv Levy. He's a guy who's pretty much made me what I am today as far as a professional player and a person."
    ***Jim Kelly***

Marv Levy's Website

Comment

• don137
      • Jul 2002

How naive do these athletes think we are? All these athletes get busted have the same reaction of I did not know what I was taking was illegal. Come on. You're a professional athlete. You are telling me you just take anything and hope it is not illegal even though it is your profession. Of course they know. They were just hoping they would not get busted.

Comment

• yordad
        • Dec 2007

Originally posted by don137
        How naive do these athletes think we are? All these athletes get busted have the same reaction of I did not know what I was taking was illegal. Come on. You're a professional athlete. You are telling me you just take anything and hope it is not illegal even though it is your profession. Of course they know. They were just hoping they would not get busted.
        "This is a situation that resulted from an over-the-counter dietary supplement that contained a substance that I did not know violated the league's policy."

Don't they all same the same thing?
        "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

• The Popcorn
          Cincinatti > Buffalo
          • Jun 2009

Gholston will flourish under Ryan's defense. Ryan will put him in situations that utilizes his strengths.
          The Popcorn and Terrell Owens are coming to a town near you.

Comment

• ServoBillieves
            The Voice of Reason
            • Jul 2007

perfect, he'll be fresh to face us -_-
            Bye Bye Brady...

Comment

• Hemlepp53
              • Jul 2004

Same story... different player. The two big Williams boys in Minisota are screaming the same. I think the leauge needs to loosen up a bit on the substances. Roids are about the only thing i think they should Ban.... or products that have the same effect. Weightloss OTC shouldnt be an issue.. has anyone ever seen the list??? I wouldnt mind taking a look at it.
              @Hemlepp53

Comment

• Scumbag College
                • Oct 2002

I say let them take whatever they want. I want to see 300 lb running backs whom can run the 40 in 4.2.

Crack, steroids, angel dust, whatever they want.
                Remember Kevin Everett in your thoughts.

Vote Nader in 2008!

http://www.votenader.org/

Comment

• kid mickey
                  • Apr 2009

Yea, they are all on a Roid Diet. Something fishy about a guy who never had big numbers until four or five years into his career.
                  Biggest Donte Whitner supporter on this entire message board...Maybe biggest Donte Whitner fan ever...Wish there was a white throwback out that I could get of you guessed it #20...

Comment

• thenry20
                    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by don137
                    If any agent is worth his/her salt, he/she has a list of prohibited substances that they supply to all of their clientele. That's why feigned ignorance doesn't fly to the fans or team management. This goes for any pro sports league. I'm really surprised that there hasn't been more of a crackdown to be honest.

Comment

Working...
                    X