PDA

View Full Version : Calvin Pace Suspended - 4 games

Mahdi
07-02-2009, 02:15 PM
With Gholston coming along very slowly and reports that he had a weak minicamp and now this.... the OLB spot in Rex's defense is not looking good for the first 4 games.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/07/02/calvin-pace-suspended-four-games/

Luisito23
07-02-2009, 02:29 PM
Good!...I wish nothing but the worst for them.

don137
07-02-2009, 07:23 PM
How naive do these athletes think we are? All these athletes get busted have the same reaction of I did not know what I was taking was illegal. Come on. You're a professional athlete. You are telling me you just take anything and hope it is not illegal even though it is your profession. Of course they know. They were just hoping they would not get busted.

yordad
07-02-2009, 07:50 PM
How naive do these athletes think we are? All these athletes get busted have the same reaction of I did not know what I was taking was illegal. Come on. You're a professional athlete. You are telling me you just take anything and hope it is not illegal even though it is your profession. Of course they know. They were just hoping they would not get busted. "This is a situation that resulted from an over-the-counter dietary supplement that contained a substance that I did not know violated the league's policy."

Don't they all same the same thing? :monkeyp:

The Popcorn
07-03-2009, 11:07 AM
Gholston will flourish under Ryan's defense. Ryan will put him in situations that utilizes his strengths.

ServoBillieves
07-03-2009, 12:37 PM
perfect, he'll be fresh to face us -_-

Hemlepp53
07-03-2009, 09:14 PM
Same story... different player. The two big Williams boys in Minisota are screaming the same. I think the leauge needs to loosen up a bit on the substances. Roids are about the only thing i think they should Ban.... or products that have the same effect. Weightloss OTC shouldnt be an issue.. has anyone ever seen the list??? I wouldnt mind taking a look at it.

Scumbag College
07-05-2009, 10:41 AM
I say let them take whatever they want. I want to see 300 lb running backs whom can run the 40 in 4.2.

Crack, steroids, angel dust, whatever they want.

kid mickey
07-05-2009, 12:38 PM
Yea, they are all on a Roid Diet. Something fishy about a guy who never had big numbers until four or five years into his career.

thenry20
07-05-2009, 03:16 PM
How naive do these athletes think we are? All these athletes get busted have the same reaction of I did not know what I was taking was illegal. Come on. You're a professional athlete. You are telling me you just take anything and hope it is not illegal even though it is your profession. Of course they know. They were just hoping they would not get busted.

If any agent is worth his/her salt, he/she has a list of prohibited substances that they supply to all of their clientele. That's why feigned ignorance doesn't fly to the fans or team management. This goes for any pro sports league. I'm really surprised that there hasn't been more of a crackdown to be honest.