PDA

View Full Version : Buffalo Bills 2009 Preview

marshall
07-03-2009, 04:58 PM
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/211493-buffalo-bills-2009-preview

Preview of the Bills in 2009....do you agree with it? I think TO and Lee Evans will be lethal!

Prov401
07-03-2009, 05:29 PM
I think Evans will have his best statistical season. I also think, if he can stay healthy, Josh Reed can contribute a great deal to this team. I'm looking at around 60-70 receptions for T.O, and around 80 for Evans. Really the questions lie at the O-line and QB on Offense. On Defense, I think we benefit greatly having our secondary cover Evans and Owens at practices and what-not. Our LB's are solid, not spectacular. And again, this biggest question mark lies within the line. Our special teams should still be special with April at the helm. All in all, games are won in the trenches. This season is all about the O-line, D-line, and Trent.

Hemlepp53
07-03-2009, 09:04 PM
I think Evans will have his best statistical season. I also think, if he can stay healthy, Josh Reed can contribute a great deal to this team. I'm looking at around 60-70 receptions for T.O, and around 80 for Evans. Really the questions lie at the O-line and QB on Offense. On Defense, I think we benefit greatly having our secondary cover Evans and Owens at practices and what-not. Our LB's are solid, not spectacular.

I have been saying the same thing since we picked up TO in the off season. Lee will benifit from double coverage TO will bring and Reed over the middle due to Evans and TO pulling the DBacks off the line. The Defense will benifit greatly. If our dbacks can cover Evans and TO in all the simulations and prevent touchdowns and major gains by those two it should carry over on the field with lesser receivers. I think we will see some of that with the first game against the Pats. I have huge hopes for the season. If we gel early up front and keep the running game a threat we will be a force to meet on Sunday.

Lets keep positive and worse case we have th Draft next off season and hopefully one of the BIG NAME PROVEN coaches out there without work right now.

TigerJ
07-03-2009, 09:54 PM
Hassellbeck (the writer) did not do all of his homework on the Bills as he expects Demetrious Bell to play much of the season at left tackle while expecting Walker to play right tackle. While a number of us think Bell may be the Bills left tackle of the future, we really don't know when that future might start with Walker penciled in as the left tackle for the foreseeable future.

Hassellbeck is right about this being a tougher season schedule wise, but then everyone knew that. His prediction for 7 Bills wins is consistent with most opinions out there, so you really can't fault him for it. The Bills really need a breakout year from a number of players to break free from the 7 win limit and break down the perception of mediocrity that prevails around the country. Can they do it? If the line gels quickly, Edwards plays to his potential, Terrell Owens is in his Dr. Jekyll phase, and the defense can muster a pass rush, of course they can do it. Will they do it? Even the best prognosticators in the country mess up on a certain percentage of their predictions. I hope they will, but it's tough to make it a prediction with any convincing arguments that aren't based on hopes and prayers. Then that's true for most teams.

Historian
07-04-2009, 07:36 AM
The Bills really need a breakout year from a number of players to break free from the 7 win limit and break down the perception of mediocrity that prevails around the country.

This is the key to it all TJ.

Jan Reimers
07-04-2009, 07:47 AM
I really think Trent Edwards is the key. The Bills have a young and developing defense and enough offensive weapons that we can now focus on what fans of most teams focus on - their QB.

justasportsfan
07-04-2009, 08:59 AM
I think Evans will have his best statistical season. I also think, if he can stay healthy, Josh Reed can contribute a great deal to this team. I'm looking at around 60-70 receptions for T.O, and around 80 for Evans. Really the questions lie at the O-line and QB on Offense. On Defense, I think we benefit greatly having our secondary cover Evans and Owens at practices and what-not. Our LB's are solid, not spectacular. And again, this biggest question mark lies within the line. Our special teams should still be special with April at the helm. All in all, games are won in the trenches. This season is all about the O-line, D-line, and Trent.
I actually think evans will have his least statistical season. There's only so much balls Trent can throw around and with TO, Reed and all 3 rbs that can catch, it'll be hard for Trent to even throw 80 catches to TO alone. Trent also seems to have a connection with Fine as well. Not to mention all the talk of getting Parrish involved if he isn't traded.

Dick also likes to run the ball first.

If our OL can hold up, D's are going to have to pick their poison. I just hope Turk gets better at making calls. I'm hoping that D's aregoing to want to keep our O off the field because it's potent.

yordad
07-05-2009, 03:58 PM
Tackle Demetrius Bell will take over permanently for Peters and be responsible for protecting Trent Edwards blind side, as veteran Langston Walker will resume playing right tackle for the Bills. huh?

seanbillsfan
07-05-2009, 07:09 PM
7-9 Thats a pretty bold prediction