PDA

View Full Version : NFL Sunday Ticket deals

lordofgun
07-06-2009, 02:34 PM
Has anyone called to "cancel" their Sunday Ticket yet?

I just called to cancel and they gave me $60 off plus free superfan. :up: :up:

If anyone else wants to do this, just say "cancel sunday ticket" at the first prompt, and it sends you right to the customer retention center.

I just told them I couldn't afford the $269 plus the $99 super fan. Total savings = $160!

I've heard of people getting better deals too...like showtime free for 6 months on top of what I got. Just a heads up...

lordofgun
07-06-2009, 02:34 PM
By the way, there was no hassle. They practically threw the offer at me as soon as I told them why I wasn't going to renew.

Al the Bills Fan
07-06-2009, 02:53 PM
Thanks for the info. I called and told them what they did for you. They gave me the same deal and gave me free HD Access for a year (i think thats like 5 bucks a month)

Thanks man!!!

Al the Bills Fan
07-06-2009, 02:54 PM
Just like you said, no hassle and off the phone within 5 minutes

The last buffalo fan
07-06-2009, 03:21 PM
It doesn't work/apply in damn Mexico! :ill:

madness
07-06-2009, 03:36 PM
Thanks. I've been meaning to do this as well. It looks like I'll be calling within the next couple of days.

Bruce is Loose
07-06-2009, 04:27 PM
I called to cancel and the guy was like "its done" and was gonna just end the call. I then mentioned the deals I saw online and he transferred me. I was able to finally get $20 off per month for 6 months (making it 24.99 for 6 months is $150) plus free showtime for 6 months. I was not able to get free superfan however. I was paying $11 per month for showtime anyway, so thats a savings of $198.

The Spaz
07-06-2009, 04:29 PM
I called to cancel and the guy was like "its done" and was gonna just end the call. I then mentioned the deals I saw online and he transferred me. I was able to finally get $20 off per month for 6 months (making it 24.99 for 6 months is $150) plus free showtime for 6 months. I was not able to get free superfan however. I was paying $11 per month for showtime anyway, so thats a savings of $198.

Just got the same deal.

T-Long
07-06-2009, 09:53 PM
THANK YOU!!!!

I just got off the phone with them and told them exactly what you did, and they told me they could give me a $60 discount if I decided not to cancel! They didn't mention the SuperFan, so I brought it up and said, "What is the total price of the package b/c I do get the SuperFan?" She then told me that she could actually give me SuperFan for FREE and that I would also get $60 off!!!!

I appreciate it!!! You just saved me almost 200 bucks!!!!

Oaf
07-06-2009, 10:31 PM
Got 120 off. Thanks for the tip!

Tatonka
07-06-2009, 10:49 PM
i am a little nervous to call because i have had the nfl ticket since 1998 and i dont have any other programming.. i got grandfathered in.. i just use direct tv for the ticket in my sportsroom and then have comcast for all the other tvs in other rooms. they may say "good, we have been waiting to get rid of you." and cancel me..

Al the Bills Fan
07-06-2009, 10:54 PM
i am a little nervous to call because i have had the nfl ticket since 1998 and i dont have any other programming.. i got grandfathered in.. i just use direct tv for the ticket in my sportsroom and then have comcast for all the other tvs in other rooms. they may say "good, we have been waiting to get rid of you." and cancel me..

Just tell them that you have friends receiving deals on Sunday Ticket and as a long time customer, you feel you should be entitled to the same deal

T-Long
07-06-2009, 10:56 PM

Don't worry about it...when someone goes to cancel, they have to have a screen put up with an offer that the customer service people have to offer before doing the cancellation. How else can you explain the majority of us getting the same offer. Even if you cancel, you can still call back and get it! The early bird offer is still going on...or if you truly think they are going to cancel it, just bring up that you really do want to keep it, but with the economy, its going to be tough. Ask what the total price of the package is again and I guarantee you that they try to keep you.

Tatonka
07-06-2009, 11:06 PM
yeah.. i will definately call tomorrow.. i just know if it is cancelled, then if i resubscribe, i would have to have some kind of base programming package.. which would cost me a lot more money. i will see what they say.. i will just go with "my friend got this deal, i want to see what you guys can do for me".

BlackMetalNinja
07-06-2009, 11:10 PM
I called to cancel about a month and a half ago, and they just flat out took it off, didn't offer anything. I might have to call and see if I can't weasel some sort of deal out of them.

jamze132
07-07-2009, 02:47 AM
Eventually, they are going to call your bluff and tell you to eat a dick while enjoying Comcast.

But until then...

DBrown77
07-07-2009, 06:12 AM
I got my first bill for the year with the Sunday Ticket charge on it. It went up from last year $3.50/month. That's not a lot but its $24/year and they never put me on notice.

I also noticed my programming went up $3, and HD, and DVR went up .01 cent for some reason

I despise DTV but they have me by the nads with the ticket

lordofgun
07-07-2009, 06:24 AM
DBrown, trust me. It will work.

Jamze, I have heard of DTV giving some crazy deals because people are mentioning that they are switching to comcast and settling for the red zone channel.

mybills
07-07-2009, 06:43 AM
Anyone know which one's better..Dish Network or Direct TV? And does DN have the NFL Sunday ticket like DTV?

syracuse76
07-07-2009, 06:49 AM

If anyone else wants to do this, just say "cancel sunday ticket" at the first prompt, and it sends you right to the customer retention center.

I just told them I couldn't afford the $269 plus the $99 super fan. Total savings = $160!

I've heard of people getting better deals too...like showtime free for 6 months on top of what I got. Just a heads up...
hmmmm............im gonna test this out, il be right back

BlackMetalNinja
07-07-2009, 07:13 AM
Anyone know which one's better..Dish Network or Direct TV? And does DN have the NFL Sunday ticket like DTV?"better" would be a matter of personal preference I suppose. I've had DirecTV for a year now and love it, I feel like I get a lot more for what I paid for than I ever did with cable. And more importantly, no, only DirecTV has Sunday Ticket.

syracuse76
07-07-2009, 07:26 AM

ok......tested your theory. it worked to a certain extent. ive had sunday ticket for about 4 years now so im grandfathered in to the price they had back then(225.00). its not much cheaper but its cheaper. BUT ........they gave me SUPERFAN for free. one thing i wouldnt of known about is without superfan you cant watch the games in HD from what they said. this is my first year with HD since i upgraded my entertainment area. I would of never of known that. but thanks for the heads up man, SUPERFAN for free is better then nothing.
i thought about it though, they could of called my bluff, then i would of had to reorder it and it would of been more expensive. but it worked out.

syracuse76
07-07-2009, 07:33 AM
"better" would be a matter of personal preference I suppose. I've had DirecTV for a year now and love it, I feel like I get a lot more for what I paid for than I ever did with cable. And more importantly, no, only DirecTV has Sunday Ticket.

from what i heard......dont know if its true but supposedly this is the last year the Direct tv has with the NFL and the sunday ticket "contract". dont know if its true. BUT we could see major cable/sat companies get a share of this sunday ticket. :idunno:
sunday ticket is only reason i have sunday ticket where it goes i follow.

BlackMetalNinja
07-07-2009, 08:05 AM
from what i heard......dont know if its true but supposedly this is the last year the Direct tv has with the NFL and the sunday ticket "contract". dont know if its true. BUT we could see major cable/sat companies get a share of this sunday ticket. :idunno:
sunday ticket is only reason i have sunday ticket where it goes i follow.
On March 23, 2009, it was announced that DirecTV paid $4 billion to extend its exclusive contract for NFL Sunday Ticket until 2014. <sup class="reference" id="cite_ref-2">[3] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NFL_Sunday_Ticket#cite_note-2)</sup> After the 2014-15 NFL season, DirecTV will have had exclusive U.S. rights for the package for 20 straight seasons.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NFL_Sunday_Ticket

Captain gameboy
07-07-2009, 08:11 AM
I called them as well.
I told them that linking the HD to the expensive and unnecessary superfan package was what was triggering my cancellation.

They offerred a $60.00 discount, and I told them no.
They then offered a $120.00 discount which more than pays for superfan, so I told them OK.

syracuse76
07-07-2009, 08:21 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NFL_Sunday_Ticket

ok........i retract previous statement. looks like im gonna be with DTV till at least 2014.

syracuse76
07-07-2009, 08:21 AM
I called them as well.
I told them that linking the HD to the expensive and unnecessary superfan package was what was triggering my cancellation.

They offerred a $60.00 discount, and I told them no.
They then offered a $120.00 discount which more than pays for superfan, so I told them OK.

better then nothing.

Captain gameboy
07-07-2009, 08:26 AM
better then nothing.

Ya.
$120.00 that I have to make $160.00 before taxes to offset, for a three minute phone call?

Much better than nothing.

mybills
07-07-2009, 09:26 AM
Thanks for the info, BMN! :up:

BlackMetalNinja
07-07-2009, 09:29 AM
Well you guys sure faired better than I did. I had to go round and round to get anything at all. She first tried to tell me about "how expensive the HD is" and that's why it cost so much more. So I argued that I already paid $10/month for HD service. So she said "well, it's like with Showtime, in order to get the Showtime in HD, you have to pay for the Showtime service". To which I responded "exactly, I'm paying for Sunday Ticket AND I'm paying for HD service, how are you going to charge me for it again? I also pointed out that I got the NHL package and didn't have to pay extra for that in HD either... I said that when it comes to the NFL, they just try to gouge you every which way. It's bad enough that it's nearly $300 a year to begin with, but to charge another $100 for SuperFan is insane.

She finally gave me a $50 credit (which almost pays for UFC 100 that I already ordered) and $6/month off (the price of DVR service) for 6 months.

So I barely got anything out of it, but I guess it still beats flat out paying $400. They know they have you by the balls when it comes to the NFL and it sucks.

mybills
07-07-2009, 09:32 AM
what the heck is superfan?

SabreEleven
07-07-2009, 09:51 AM
Well you guys sure faired better than I did. I had to go round and round to get anything at all. She first tried to tell me about "how expensive the HD is" and that's why it cost so much more. So I argued that I already paid $10/month for HD service. So she said "well, it's like with Showtime, in order to get the Showtime in HD, you have to pay for the Showtime service". To which I responded "exactly, I'm paying for Sunday Ticket AND I'm paying for HD service, how are you going to charge me for it again? I also pointed out that I got the NHL package and didn't have to pay extra for that in HD either... I said that when it comes to the NFL, they just try to gouge you every which way. It's bad enough that it's nearly $300 a year to begin with, but to charge another $100 for SuperFan is insane.

She finally gave me a $50 credit (which almost pays for UFC 100 that I already ordered) and $6/month off (the price of DVR service) for 6 months.

So I barely got anything out of it, but I guess it still beats flat out paying $400. They know they have you by the balls when it comes to the NFL and it sucks.

Sounds like you should have hung and called back to get a different representative.

madness
07-07-2009, 09:55 AM
Sounds like you should have hung and called back to get a different representative.

That's all it comes down to... luck of the draw.

T-Long
07-07-2009, 10:36 AM
Yeah i got this young girl and I almost hung up to try and get someone else. But I'm glad I didn't!

The last buffalo fan
07-07-2009, 10:43 AM

That and I have SKY, Direct TV doesn't exist here in Mexico anymore. Damn you gringos! :ill:

BlackMetalNinja
07-07-2009, 10:59 AM

Superfan

The Superfan package is an extra package which allows subscribers to watch up to 12 NFL games in high definition and offers extra features not available in the regular Sunday Ticket. This was added in 2005 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2005_NFL_season) and includes these three features:
<dl><dt>Game Mix</dt><dd>This channel shows 8 games at once, along with the game's score, time left in the game, and the quarter that the game is in under the game's feed. Starting in 2008 it can be seen in high-definition.</dd></dl> <dl><dt>Red Zone Channel</dt><dd>This channel acts as a viewer's "remote control" and switches around various NFL games as plays of interest occur (scoring plays, key turnovers, etc.) The coverage is hosted by Fox's Andrew Siciliano (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andrew_Siciliano) and has been offered on some airlines, such as Jet Blue (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jet_Blue).</dd></dl> <dl><dd>As of the 2007 season, this channel is provided in HD.</dd></dl> <dl><dt>Short Cuts</dt><dd>This 2-channel duo recaps every NFL game in 30 minutes or less, including games not available on NFL Sunday Ticket because they were televised locally or blacked out. One channel shows AFC (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Football_Conference) games while the other shows NFC (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Football_Conference) games. These highlights are made available on Sunday nights and are shown continuously until Tuesday morning.</dd></dl> In addition, beginning in 2008 Superfan will include a new feature called Supercast, which enables subscribers to stream live games on their computers.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NFL_Sunday_Ticket

The Red Zone channel is fantastic for when Bills games aren't on... I just sit there and watch basically every scoring play in the league with no commercials all day. The Short Cuts are nice too, they condense every play of the game down into a half hour, good to rewatch and focus on certain things, or to scout things for upcoming teams.

BlackMetalNinja
07-07-2009, 11:00 AM
That and I have SKY, Direct TV doesn't exist here in Mexico anymore. Damn you gringos! :ill:SKY carries Sunday Ticket in Mexico now :up:

lordofgun
07-07-2009, 12:01 PM
BMN - call em back!

madness
07-07-2009, 12:19 PM
Systems are updating. I have to call back in a couple hrs. :mad:

BlackMetalNinja
07-07-2009, 12:25 PM
BMN - call em back!I fear I'm going to have a little note tagged to my account "Big PITA, Calls and Whines Too Much"

SabreEleven
07-07-2009, 12:26 PM
I fear I'm going to have a little note tagged to my account "Big PITA, Calls and Whines Too Much"

The noisy wheel gets the grease.

lordofgun
07-07-2009, 12:28 PM
Agreed, S11.

SabreEleven
07-07-2009, 12:30 PM
Agreed, S11.

You are close to be friended again.

The last buffalo fan
07-07-2009, 12:58 PM
SKY carries Sunday Ticket in Mexico now :up:

Thanks BMN, I do have it and it will be the second year for me with it, but they are not offering anything like or close to the stuff you have described.

I'm paying like $40 a month with the NFL channel included, plus about $90 for all the season minus the playoffs. They are only offering you a five monthly payments plan for the $90 bucks.

El Guapo
07-07-2009, 02:31 PM
Their system is still down.

SquishDaFish
07-07-2009, 04:32 PM
I did call like 2 days ago and got Free SuperFan, $10 off a month for 6 months and free Showtime for a year or 6 Months (forgot). I do it every year so I can get Superfan free. I havent paid for it yet and never will

LtFinFan66
07-07-2009, 04:39 PM
I fear I'm going to have a little note tagged to my account "Big PITA, Calls and Whines Too Much"So they would have you pegged perfectly then:up:

Oldbillsfan
07-07-2009, 07:15 PM
Superfan is a total rip off and they know it. To pay for for HD games when they are broadcast anyway? It's BS, and a monopoly.

DesertFox24
07-08-2009, 06:54 AM
They gave me $10.00 off a month for 12 months, free super fan, and showtime for 6 months.

I could really care less about the showtime, but the $220.00 I just saved is awesome.

BlackMetalNinja
07-08-2009, 08:17 AM
They gave me $10.00 off a month for 12 months, free super fan, and showtime for 6 months.

I could really care less about the showtime, but the $220.00 I just saved is awesome.Damn... I really did get the wrong rep :(

Tatonka
07-08-2009, 12:52 PM
showtime has some of teh best series on tv now.

DesertFox24
07-09-2009, 09:39 AM
showtime has some of teh best series on tv now.

The first season of weeds was pretty good, but after that I lost interest.

What other shows are good on showtime, and when do they come on.

The other day Slingblade was on... UM HUH.....

Tatonka
07-09-2009, 10:08 AM
dexter is one of the best shows on tv imho.. the new season should be starting up soon. They also have a new show, Nurse Jackie, with Tony Sopranos wife that is really good. Brotherhood is like an Irish version of the Sopranos that is excellent and Californication with David Ducovney is also great. And the chick in Secret Diary of a Call girl is smoking hot and sexy as hell. the show is ok but the chick makes it worth watching.

just my 2 cents.

Aero II
07-09-2009, 10:10 AM
Just called. The automated prompt said that their system was down, however it is back up. The number of discounts you receive will depend on how many credits you already have on your account. I got $10 off for 6 months, free superfan and 3 Months of Showtime. With the discounts that I already had on file, i'm up to about $35 off per month.

Tatonka
07-10-2009, 09:27 AM
the number of credits? so if you dont have any credits, then it should be no problem.

i have called twice now.. both times the "system was down".

EricStratton
07-10-2009, 09:35 AM
I called last night to cancel (I'm just not around enough on Sundays in the fall to justify $250) and the agent told m after all the requests to cancel and the discounts they gave the last couple weeks they are tailing that back.

She actually told me DTV is worried that football sites are encouraging people to threaten to cancel to get deals so they are no longer giving them unless you are a long term loyal customer.

bigbry
07-10-2009, 10:33 AM
I had used this ploy before, it works.
And was going to call this year and forgot. Thanks Log.
Just called and got $60.00 dollars off plus I now have Super Fan for free. Ive never had Super Fan.
The guy first offered $60 off plus I could get Super fan for half price, I refused.
Just tell them you are canceling the NFL ticket, after a short pause he said, "well we are offering some discounts this year"
lol

BlackMetalNinja
07-10-2009, 11:19 AM
I called last night to cancel (I'm just not around enough on Sundays in the fall to justify $250) and the agent told m after all the requests to cancel and the discounts they gave the last couple weeks they are tailing that back.

She actually told me DTV is worried that football sites are encouraging people to threaten to cancel to get deals so they are no longer giving them unless you are a long term loyal customer.Maybe they will get the hint that $400 including Super Fan is a bit ridiculous, especially compared to other sports packages which offer far more games at a much lower price AND don't charge you extra to get games in HD.

lordofgun
07-10-2009, 01:13 PM

She actually told me DTV is worried that football sites are encouraging people to threaten to cancel to get deals so they are no longer giving them unless you are a long term loyal customer.
:rofl:

Did you actually cancel?

I bet she was hoping you'd run back to whatever football site you post on and post exactly what you posted. :D

EricStratton
07-10-2009, 02:05 PM
:rofl:

Did you actually cancel?

I bet she was hoping you'd run back to whatever football site you post on and post exactly what you posted. :D

I did cancel which was my intention anyways. I'm switching to FIOS next month and didn't want to first bill of 44.99 on my statement.

lordofgun
07-10-2009, 02:08 PM
I did cancel which was my intention anyways. I'm switching to FIOS next month and didn't want to first bill of 44.99 on my statement.
cool

EricStratton
07-10-2009, 02:10 PM
I laughed when she made the football site comment since I had read these posts over the last couple days.

OpIv37
07-11-2009, 09:22 AM
I called and threatened to cancel. They gave me $120 off and free Showtime for 3 months.

ddaryl
07-11-2009, 10:19 AM
I got free superfan, $10.00 off Sunday ticket per month, and 1 month free showtime.

total savings = 172.50

Novacane
07-12-2009, 12:59 PM
I quit getting the ticket years ago but you guys gave me an idea. I called and told them I was canceling my service and switching to dish network. After her little speach telling me how much better they were and how many more channels they have I told her I was still switching for the cheap intro offer they had. She offered me $10 off my bill for a year and showtime for 3 months so I said I'd stay. I had no intention of switching :lol:

slakjaw157
07-12-2009, 04:58 PM
I called too.

$120 off ($20 a month for 6 months for Sunday Ticket)+ $6 off a month for 6 months (HD), Showtime free for 6 months.

lordofgun
07-12-2009, 06:27 PM
I called too.

$120 off ($20 a month for 6 months for Sunday Ticket)+ $6 off a month for 6 months (HD), Showtime free for 6 months.
:bf1:

madness
07-13-2009, 07:50 AM
$60 off, free SuperFan, 6 months free showtime.

T-Long
07-13-2009, 08:11 AM
I thought I got a great deal, but didn't get the Showtime!!

Jimbuktu
07-22-2009, 12:38 PM
Anyone try this recently?

How should I go about doing this once I get through?

T-Long
07-22-2009, 01:30 PM
Anyone try this recently?

How should I go about doing this once I get through?
Just tell them you want to cancel Sunday Ticket because it is getting to expensive. Tell them it's just not in your budget, but you really wanna keep it, but unfortunately you can't afford it anymore.

They will say ok at first then have you wait about 30 seconds or so, then come back with an offer. If you get the SuperFan, make sure you tell them if they don't offer it to you.

Let us know how it goes

mikemac2001
07-22-2009, 03:00 PM
i think im gonna sign up at end of the month and try to cancel within the return period to try to get a better deal...hopefully my employer discount doesn't D'Q me from it

Whats killing me is 100 dollars an HD box to sign up WTF

Tatonka
08-11-2009, 01:23 PM
i called to get my discount. the girl basically gave me 20$ off a month on the ticket and free superfan, as well as free showtime..

so then she goes to put it in and says the system wont allow it. so after another 20 minutes of trying different things and talking with her boss. the issue, is this.. i have been a NFL ticket customer since 1997. I don't have Dtv programming.. i have comcast for that in my house.. i just have the ticket on 3 tvs in my bar.. so i pay for the nfl ticket and 2 extra boxes basically. nothing else the rest of the year.. now i was grandfathered in to be able to do this.. because you have to have at least the base programming now to have the nfl ticket.

so basically they couldnt do anything for me without changing my packaging, which means that i would be screwed out of the grandfather clause stuff.. but they did just give me a straight up 50$ credit to my account for being a long time customer, which is what they did last year..

oh well. i tried.