PDA

View Full Version : Ellison is leading the race for OLB.

yordad
07-06-2009, 09:42 PM
Ellison is leading the race for OLB. (http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-3/19-who-will-be-the-strong-side-lb/7efecf72-fbeb-4e04-b716-9ba979283e6e)

Still there’s no way to overlook Ellison’s time on the job. Set to enter his fourth season, all of which have been in Perry Fewell’s defensive system and 30 starts under his belt, it’s hard to imagine Bowen or Harris with no NFL experience coming in and wrestling the job away.
I know it is early, but isn't that awesome!

:cry:

yordad
07-06-2009, 09:45 PM
OMG, listen to this C Brown blog (http://blogs.buffalobills.com/)....

If you read our training camp question 19 (http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-3/19-who-will-be-the-strong-side-lb/7efecf72-fbeb-4e04-b716-9ba979283e6e) on the home page it’s clear the coaching staff values playing experience at the NFL level. And in a season when making the playoffs is pretty much a must I’ve got to believe that the staff will feel more comfortable with a savvy vet like Ellison on the field.LOL....what? Ellison is savvy?

yordad
07-06-2009, 09:45 PM
Kind of what we expected, but not hoped.

ServoBillieves
07-06-2009, 10:32 PM
Expected...

jamze132
07-07-2009, 02:50 AM
If Ellison is starting, we are doomed.

Commissioner
07-07-2009, 06:28 AM
Amazing that they weren't able to upgrade at that position.

I don't care how much experience he has if he sucks.

Jan Reimers
07-07-2009, 06:33 AM
I think the race is all on paper right now. It will start on the field, where it will be won, in training camp.

justasportsfan
07-07-2009, 07:50 AM
expected. He's been playing that position. He should know the X's and O's of Fewells system. But when the pads come on, knowing isn't enough. Hopefully someone like Bowens will be punishing people and win the job.

THATHURMANATOR
07-07-2009, 07:51 AM
If Ellison is starting, we are doomed.
I am a huge anti Ellison starting guy but I don't equate that to being doomed. Every team has a position of weakness.

jamze132
07-07-2009, 08:33 AM
I am a huge anti Ellison starting guy but I don't equate that to being doomed. Every team has a position of weakness.
Yeah, but Buffalo has about 17 positions of weakness. I consider Ellison near the top of the doomsday list.

trapezeus
07-07-2009, 08:35 AM
Is ellison suppose to help ease bowen into the starting role? i said this in a different thread, but i'll say it here as well. i believe serena williams has a bigger build than Ellison and could probably play linebacker better than him.

THATHURMANATOR
07-07-2009, 08:48 AM
Yeah, but Buffalo has about 17 positions of weakness. I consider Ellison near the top of the doomsday list.
What other positions of weakness do they have?

I can think of a couple.

DE- May turn out ok if Schobel can come back at a decent level, Maybin can provide some pass rush, Ellis makes any impact

TE- No standouts here but with TO, Evan, Reed, Hardy, Johnson etc will TE be a huge need in the passing game?

OL- Only on here because of so many new guys and position changes. It could very well end up being a strength if these guys gel together.

None of the the weaknesses above are overly worrisome to me and some have the potential to turn around.

THATHURMANATOR
07-07-2009, 08:48 AM
Is ellison suppose to help ease bowen into the starting role? i said this in a different thread, but i'll say it here as well. i believe serena williams has a bigger build than Ellison and could probably play linebacker better than him.
Isn't Bowen just as small as Ellison?

THATHURMANATOR
07-07-2009, 08:49 AM
Bowen is listed as an inch taller but 9 pounds lighter on the Roster.

jamze132
07-07-2009, 09:01 AM
What other positions of weakness do they have?

I can think of a couple.

DE- May turn out ok if Schobel can come back at a decent level, Maybin can provide some pass rush, Ellis makes any impact

TE- No standouts here but with TO, Evan, Reed, Hardy, Johnson etc will TE be a huge need in the passing game?

OL- Only on here because of so many new guys and position changes. It could very well end up being a strength if these guys gel together.

None of the the weaknesses above are overly worrisome to me and some have the potential to turn around.

It's probably easier to list positions where we don't need much or any help...

Kicker
Punter
WR
RB
CB?

That's about it. I would have added DT but outside of Stroud, we are pretty gay. Our O-line is a mess, we don't have a proven TE, although I like the point you made. Our QB can't stay on the field, Our DEs suck, our LBs are average with the possibility for greatness (Posluszny) and the definition of suck (Ellison). Our Safeties suck.

Let's be honest here...

yordad
07-07-2009, 09:25 AM
I think Ellison is the biggest defensive weakness if Byrd is able to do anything at FS.

madness
07-07-2009, 09:59 AM
It's probably easier to list positions where we don't need much or any help...

Kicker
Punter
WR
RB
CB?

That's about it. I would have added DT but outside of Stroud, we are pretty gay. Our O-line is a mess, we don't have a proven TE, although I like the point you made. Our QB can't stay on the field, Our DEs suck, our LBs are average with the possibility for greatness (Posluszny) and the definition of suck (Ellison). Our Safeties suck.

Let's be honest here...

Okay, you start first. :D

THATHURMANATOR
07-07-2009, 10:04 AM
Jamze is just more pessimistic on certain areas than I am.

don137
07-07-2009, 10:42 AM
Saying Ellison is leading the race just shows how weak the position is. It's like calling someone the smartest dumb kid in the class. Not exactly something to get excited about.

jamze132
07-07-2009, 12:33 PM
Jamze is just more pessimistic on certain areas than I am.
Are you calling me the Op clone? I know Op and I share a lot of views on the Bills, well all of them actually... :beers:

jamze132
07-07-2009, 12:34 PM
Saying Ellison is leading the race just shows how weak the position is. It's like calling someone the smartest dumb kid in the class. Not exactly something to get excited about.
It's like calling Ellison the smartest kid with down syndrome. :help!:

BertSquirtgum
07-07-2009, 05:47 PM
i'm glad i didn't buy season tickets

Nighthawk
07-07-2009, 06:46 PM
Can somebody please tell me why Dick Jauron is a HC in the NFL???

yordad
07-07-2009, 09:05 PM
Can somebody please tell me why Dick Jauron is a HC in the NFL???His guys really like him. They like to play for him. He finds good football players. Tough football players. They like to hit. They like to play. They really like to play for him. He gives it his all. His guys really like him. They like to play for him. He finds good football players. Tough football players. They like to hit. They like to play. They really like to play for him. He gives it his all. His guys really like him. They like to play for him. He finds good football players. Tough football players. They like to hit. They like to play. They really like to play for him. He gives it his all.

O, and Ralph is senile.

WeAreArthurMoates
07-09-2009, 10:33 PM
Harris will be the starting LBer come the 2nd half of the opener. Harris is going to have a killer camp and equally killer preseason, while keith waste away

yordad
07-09-2009, 10:40 PM
Harris will be the starting LBer come the 2nd half of the opener. Harris is going to have a killer camp and equally killer preseason, while keith waste awaySounds good to me.

BertSquirtgum
07-10-2009, 03:46 PM
keith ellison is the one and only person i can't stand on the bills. he is absolutely horrendous