PDA

View Full Version : Bruce gets sacked

madness
07-09-2009, 03:20 PM
Bruce gets sacked (http://blogs.buffalonews.com/billboard/2009/07/bruce-gets-sacked.html)

When Bruce Smith heads to Canton, Ohio for the Pro Football Hall of Fame next month we know he won't be driving himself. The former Bills great had his license suspended for a year by a judge in Norfolk, Va., for refusing a breathalizer test after being stopped for speeding in June. He also received a 90-day suspended sentence and a $350 fine.

Smith is appealing the conviction. According to his lawyer, Smith had trouble completing the field sobriety test after being stopped because of multiple knee injuries during his NFL career. That maybe true, but why refuse the breathalizer test? Seems to me that would have cleared everything up, unless he really was drunk. Smith had to know that refusing the test is an admission of guilt as far as the law is concerned.
However, the charges don't change the fact that Smith was a great player and deserving of induction to the Hall of Fame. Five years from now, we'll remember all of his sacks and not for being caught half in the bag.
---Allen Wilson

jamesiscool
07-09-2009, 03:25 PM
Ouch, good excuse with the knee injuries but I don't think that one'll hold up in court. A+ for creativity tho.

Captain gameboy
07-09-2009, 03:30 PM
This guy has been a drunk driver for years, caught many times.

trapezeus
07-09-2009, 04:18 PM
exactly. this isn't a one time occurence. i remember when they found him asleep in his car when he was with the bills. toss em in jail i say. you aren't going to get people to respect the drinking and driving laws without stiff fines.

don137
07-09-2009, 04:28 PM
Well I guess all hose making the trip to Canton don't have to worry about Bruce on the road...

syracuse76
07-09-2009, 06:11 PM
last time he got caught about 3 -4 years ago ol bruuuuce fell asleep at a freakin stop light :roflmao:

Historian
07-09-2009, 06:20 PM
He needs to quit living in denial and get some help like Thurman did, before he kills somebody, or himself.

Hemlepp53
07-09-2009, 09:25 PM
He needs to quit living in denial and get some help like Thurman did, before he kills somebody, or himself.
STALLWORTH

Jan Reimers
07-11-2009, 07:56 AM
Another wealthy celebrity who is too stupid or arrogant to call a cab or limo after over-indulging. He's probably not an alcoholic, and he probably doesn't have to stop drinking. He just needs to exercise some judgment.

OpIv37
07-11-2009, 10:53 AM
Bruce is my all-time favorite player. I wish he'd cut the **** though.

Mark Miller
07-12-2009, 06:06 PM
My friend's sister is the district attorney in Virginia Beach and was the one who prosecuted him. Her name was in the article on nfl.com and her family now has it posted on their fridge. She's a die hard Bills fan but she couldn't back out of the case. I just thought I'd share with all you zoners.

Tatonka
07-13-2009, 10:11 AM
This guy has been a drunk driver for years, caught many times.

this is his THIRD one..

he had the prior two dropped.. including one that he was found passed out behind the wheel at a stop light.

guy has a drinking problem clearly.

he could easily be stallworth right now.