PDA

View Full Version : And so it begins...

ServoBillieves
07-09-2009, 11:30 PM
http://madden.easportsfans.com/?page_id=307

Albeit that the rankings have changed (some people drop below 50 in rankings on some teams), It should be interesting to see responses of how people ranked our players.

Highest: Terrell Owens
Lowest Starter: Derek Fine
Lowest Bill: Deremetrius Bell

Huzzah for Madden season.

ServoBillieves
07-09-2009, 11:40 PM
Drew Stanton is lowest ranked non-lineman by the way at 47.

Luisito23
07-10-2009, 04:48 AM
For the first time in over 10 years I will not be picking up Madden...It's not because of the idiotic ratings, but because that game has just got way too boring for me, and I don't plan on spending 60+ dollars for something that will be picking up dust. The game I'm really looking forward to is Fifa 10! :drool:

Mahdi
07-10-2009, 08:00 AM
No Steve Johnson?

Mahdi
07-10-2009, 08:02 AM
Wow they really killed the OL... Walker should be given the benefit of the doubt until he proves otherwise. He was rated 86 at RT in 09. No reason they should drop it that far.

Mahdi
07-10-2009, 08:08 AM
K im 100% sure these ratings are wrong... McGee is not going to be a 82. He was rated 89 with the roster updates in 09... no way he falls to 82? and McKelvin will surely be in the low 80's...

Also Mitchell falls from 86 to 78? not going to happen.

also ellison falls from 78 to 67? also not going to happen.

These ratings are false.

VeggieMan14
07-10-2009, 08:08 AM
wow we are gonna suck on the game which sucks cuz i dont play with anyone but the bills

madness
07-10-2009, 08:11 AM
Tough choice... who to start...who to start.

<table style="border-collapse: collapse; width: 171pt;" width="228" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr style="height: 15pt;" height="20"><td class="xl65" style="height: 15pt;" height="20">DL</td> <td class="xl65">C. Kelsay</td> <td class="xl65">78</td> </tr> <tr style="height: 15pt;" height="20"> <td class="xl65" style="height: 15pt;" height="20">DL</td> <td class="xl65">A. Maybin</td> <td class="xl65">78</td></tr></tbody></table>

The King
07-10-2009, 08:48 AM
Dont be surprised if this is true... rankings have gone way down.

http://maddennfl.easports.com/cover.action

Pinkerton Security
07-10-2009, 09:13 AM
K im 100% sure these ratings are wrong... McGee is not going to be a 82. He was rated 89 with the roster updates in 09... no way he falls to 82? and McKelvin will surely be in the low 80's...

Also Mitchell falls from 86 to 78? not going to happen.

also ellison falls from 78 to 67? also not going to happen.

These ratings are false.

ya they have revamped the whole system. I actually like this, it makes your good players actually really good, compared to before where an andre johnson lined up across from a good but rookie CB wasnt much of a matchup problem. also, young guys that do well can shoot up fast.

what im most excited about is the ability to have a full online franchise, where you and between 1 and 31 friends can each have thier own team, and do all the real franchise stuff for up to 15 seasons online.

HAMMER
07-10-2009, 09:14 AM
Stroud was highest ranked at 92.

THATHURMANATOR
07-10-2009, 09:15 AM
Stroud was highest ranked at 92.
G2.... :nerd:

Mahdi
07-10-2009, 09:24 AM
ya they have revamped the whole system. I actually like this, it makes your good players actually really good, compared to before where an andre johnson lined up across from a good but rookie CB wasnt much of a matchup problem. also, young guys that do well can shoot up fast.

what im most excited about is the ability to have a full online franchise, where you and between 1 and 31 friends can each have thier own team, and do all the real franchise stuff for up to 15 seasons online.
Interesting... so yea... everybody has been bumped down big time. I guess you really have to be elite to get into the 90's. Fred Robbins used to be 93 now he's 83.

Even Wilfork was 95ish...now just 90...

cocamide
07-10-2009, 10:16 AM
For the first time in over 10 years I will not be picking up Madden...It's not because of the idiotic ratings, but because that game has just got way too boring for me, and I don't plan on spending 60+ dollars for something that will be picking up dust. The game I'm really looking forward to is Fifa 10! :drool:

I stopped playing Madden after the days of Sega Genesis. Back in the day when the ambulance would run over players and when hitting the goalpost with a field goal made the coolest sound.

I understand that they're going for realism in the game, but I enjoy simpler games with good gameplay. Plus, besides better graphics, there doesn't seem to be anything great and new with Madden since the Playstation 2 days. Give me Mutant League Football anyday over any of the recent Maddens.

SeatownBillsFan21
07-10-2009, 10:51 AM
these ratings look pretty fair to me.

psubills62
07-10-2009, 11:35 AM
I'm a little confused. Are Madden games like cars now? They've put out "Madden 2010" rankings when the 2009 season hasn't even been played yet? OK....I'm happy playing my NCAA Football 08 as Penn State.

Oaf
07-10-2009, 11:38 AM
It's NCAA for the first time this year baby! :dance: My Madden strike extends to year 2!

Nighthawk
07-10-2009, 12:38 PM
Dont be surprised if this is true... rankings have gone way down.

http://maddennfl.easports.com/cover.action

That's hilarious...they have Jason Peters as a 95 and then I read on and they have Ellis Hobbs as an 83! Now that is a joke!

ServoBillieves
07-10-2009, 12:44 PM
That's hilarious...they have Jason Peters as a 95 and then I read on and they have Ellis Hobbs as an 83! Now that is a joke!

Don't forget Nighthawk, Madden don't lie!

ServoBillieves
07-10-2009, 12:54 PM
Trent = 76
Mark Sanchez = 78

Wow.

Mahdi
07-10-2009, 01:10 PM
Trent = 76
Mark Sanchez = 78

Wow.
1st round QB who has proven nothing

3rd round QB who has proven little.

That's about right.

psubills62
07-10-2009, 04:50 PM
1st round QB who has proven nothing

3rd round QB who has proven little.

That's about right.

No it's not. Experience is a whole lot more valuable than where you were drafted. Sanchez has played one year as a college football starter. One year, and he wasn't very good against decent defenses except for PSU's, and all he really did against them was complete 40 out routes that PSU for some reason couldn't stop.

Edwards hasn't proven much in the grand scheme of the NFL but he's proven a LOT compared to Sanchez. No way does Sanchez deserve a higher ranking than Edwards.

psubills62
07-10-2009, 04:52 PM
Trent = 76
Mark Sanchez = 78

Wow.

Well I guess they're influence by the huge New York markets too. That's unbelievable. Sanchez was completely overrated to begin with.

jimbohastle51
07-10-2009, 10:33 PM
all teams ratings are different this year in the game. they used the rating system that they used in games like NBA live. basically it makes the teams more fair. (for instance i only play with the bills online but it seems everyone on the planet uses only the colts, patriots, steelers, and cowboys because of they inflamed ratings). in last years game you could have cecil sapp run for 1500 yards behind the cowboys offensive line. this year everything will be more fair. i would rather have teams alittle underrated than overrated because the way the online gaming works, if the player performs well, as the season goes on they update him and his rating will go up. i dont mind lynch's rating (87) for that reason, because if he comes back in beastmode form than by week 5 he will be over a 90 and by that time jackson (77 rating) will be well over 80. all the ratings are done so instead of just making the player awesome based on what they did last year they have to earn it.

The Juice Is Loose
07-10-2009, 10:51 PM
I have a bigger problem with David Garrard having a better rating then Trent. He's a flash in the pan. Won't ever do anything again. You heard it here first.

jamze132
07-11-2009, 12:23 PM
EA was pretty generous with the Bills.

mikemac2001
07-11-2009, 12:25 PM
Madden changed it instead of having all these 90's to make ratings actually matter by spearding out the ratings it will actually change how the gameplay is making fast guys actually faster then slower defenders

cant wait everything i have seen looks good

jamze132
07-11-2009, 12:33 PM
If the gameplay is going to be more "real" as far as the ratings are concerned, we should expect Edwards to be sacked every time he tries to hand the ball off. Look at a DT like Wilfork lined up over our C, Hangartner. :rofl:

jimbohastle51
07-11-2009, 05:02 PM
I do have to admit our oline ratings are all low as heck. Eric wood is tied for the lowest rated 1st round pic in the game. And i am sorry but eventhough walker switched to LT his pass protection skills should warrant a 80 overall. 78 is too low.

TigerJ
07-11-2009, 08:50 PM
I don't play video games period, but I am not surprised at all by the Bills' offensive linemen getting low ratings. The rookies (Woods and Levitre) are changing position, as are Walker and Butler. Hangartner has only started games because other players were injured.

That does not necessarily mean they won't be good in real live football, though logic says it'll probably take them a little time at least at the start of the season to gel, but the guys who rate players for EAS Sports are not going to base ratings on what might happen. They have to do ratings on the basis of past performance at the position. If there is no past performance at the position in the NFL, or at most only a little, players aren't going to get rated very highly, unless they are elite players coming out of college at the very top of the draft.

TigerJ
07-11-2009, 08:57 PM
I have a bigger problem with David Garrard having a better rating then Trent. He's a flash in the pan. Won't ever do anything again. You heard it here first.I'm inclined to agree. Garrard is a good athlete, but not a terrifically cerebral QB. If defensive coordinators have figured him out, I don't think that he has the capacity to do things differently from the way he always has. Trent is a bright guy and still very young. Unless he has no feel for the game at all, he should be able to grow and develop as DCs try to take things away from him. Last season, DCs figured out that Trent was killing teams that blitzed a lot, but had trouble when teams rushed only 3 or 4. Since the Bills offensive line couldn't run block very effectively, even with a 3 or 4 man rush, the offense was doomed to ineffectiveness. Trent began to get things figured out by the end of the season though.

elltrain22
07-12-2009, 02:05 PM
Couple of observations:

- no Stevie Johnson, that sucks. First thing I'll do is drop Jenkins and p/u SJ.
- Thought Lynch was a little low, and Fred Jackson shoulda been a low 80s guy
- The O-line was fair, so was the d-line.
- TO shoulda been higher than 91
- other than that pretty fair ratings.

BertSquirtgum
07-12-2009, 02:56 PM
is dick jaurons coaching rank the lowest? if not it should be

madness
07-13-2009, 07:54 AM
is dick jaurons coaching rank the lowest? if not it should be

No but he's the only coach that has to use the newly implemented flag meter(matches the kicking one) to get the challenge flag out on the field far enough for the refs to see.

Mahdi
07-13-2009, 08:40 AM
No it's not. Experience is a whole lot more valuable than where you were drafted. Sanchez has played one year as a college football starter. One year, and he wasn't very good against decent defenses except for PSU's, and all he really did against them was complete 40 out routes that PSU for some reason couldn't stop.

Edwards hasn't proven much in the grand scheme of the NFL but he's proven a LOT compared to Sanchez. No way does Sanchez deserve a higher ranking than Edwards.
I understand what yer saying ... but ... fact is Trent was drafted with little expectations... a project QB with some potential. Sanchez was drafted in the top five as a Franchise QB. There is a reason for that.

Add in that Trent tanked the second half of the season and you get that rating.

Right now Trent is a potential, project QB who has struggled. Sanchez is a highly touted Franchise QB. Going based purely on their talent level Sanchez is more highly rated. Trent's experience in this case is actually working against him because to evaluators he has struggled.