• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • shelby
    The Vanilla *****
    • Jul 2002

BillsZone Original: Boredom Suits Bills Well

Lawesome's take on this time of year.....enjoy!
    It is July, training camp is in the near future, and many, many people in Western New York are bored with the Bills. Surprisingly, this is a very good thing. Even Terrell Owens hasn't really done much of anything short of a amusingly lame Superstars appearance and a small fiasco involving housing and Twitter....yawn.

Questions still abound about this team's legitimacy on both the offensive and defensive lines, but most are content to take a wait and see approach. For the first time in many, many years, the draft was met with almost universal praise. People still fear that Aaron Maybin might not make a huge impact, but many, including myself, are far more eager to see the defense with Aaron Schobel back to full strength.

The offensive line took a hit losing Jason Peters, but I really like the infusion of attitude the draft and free agency brought in with Eric Wood, Andy Levitre, and Geoff Hangartner. Many were upset about the loss of Peters, but just as many bid him adieu with little or no regret. I am betting that the infusion of attitude and desire will more than make up for the loss of Peters. Of course, if I am wrong, we simply STILL have a bad offensive line. One thing we don't have is another summer of a fat offensive lineman crying about how the Bills are disrespecting him. It may not be headline material, but good attitude and work ethic go a lot further than unmotivated, selfish talent in my book.

But what truly makes this off season boring so far? No quarterback controversy! I believe, as well as most Bills fans, that we have found our guy in Trent Edwards, finally. It is kind of a nice, contented feeling. Add the warm and fuzzy feeling of T.O. coming to Buffalo, and you begin to almost feel wildly optimistic.

It is kind of nice, isn't it? Boring, but nice. Hopefully reality is as pleasant as this languid little lull prior to the start of training camp.

• mybills
    81 st zoner
    • Jul 2002

Re: BillsZone Original: Boredom Suits Bills Well

Thanks, Lawesome!
    My wait & see approach is all about Trent Edwards.
    I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

Working...
    X