PDA

View Full Version : Ruff is content with team...sigh...

Nighthawk
07-11-2009, 09:55 AM
The loser mentality in this organization just makes me sick. There is no desire to get better, just the acceptance of mediocrity. There is a major philosophical problem in this organization that will keep it from winning anything until there are changes in who is running it.

http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/story/730137.html

rbochan
07-11-2009, 10:56 AM
http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh19/rbochan/facepom.jpg

SabreEleven
07-11-2009, 11:16 AM
WOW!!!

don137
07-11-2009, 11:16 AM
I could see if this team went deep in the playoffs but this am has not sniffed the playoffs in a couple years. I have to think Golisano and Quinn are saying no big aquisitions and Regier and Ruff have to come out publically and say we are all set with what they got. It truly doubt Ruff is happy with his current soft players.

Michael82
07-11-2009, 01:50 PM
I could see if this team went deep in the playoffs but this am has not sniffed the playoffs in a couple years. I have to think Golisano and Quinn are saying no big aquisitions and Regier and Ruff have to come out publically and say we are all set with what they got. It truly doubt Ruff is happy with his current soft players.
For once I'm finally starting to believe that it's not Ruff or Regier. It's the two cheap pieces of **** that run this team and control whether or not we spend the money to acquire the talent (Larry Quinn and Tom Golisano). :mad: :ill:

Mr. Pink
07-11-2009, 06:27 PM
He's just happy he still has a job after 5 out of the last 7 seasons with no playoffs.

How he still has a job should baffle every Sabres fan.

Typ0
07-11-2009, 07:26 PM
the sad thing is that making the playoffs is the goal not winning a championship. This team can make the playoffs but that will be the end of it. That will not be a successful season IMO.

jamze132
07-12-2009, 02:23 AM
For once I'm finally starting to believe that it's not Ruff or Regier. It's the two cheap pieces of **** that run this team and control whether or not we spend the money to acquire the talent (Larry Quinn and Tom Golisano). :mad: :ill:
Watch it Mikey. If it weren't for Tommy G, we probably wouldn't have the Sabres to ***** about.

bigbub2352
07-12-2009, 10:32 AM
Quinn and Golisano are a joke, this team was better off under the **** bag rigas, Darcy is a pussy and so is his roster

SabreEleven
07-12-2009, 11:02 AM
What ****ing pisses me off about Rigas is that he spent all his money, illegal or not, on golf courses and stupid ****. Why the **** couldn't he have bought a ****ing Stanley Cup (or at least attempted)...He would have been a savior in Buffalo, he'd be in jail, but he would be a savior in jail. **** him, I hope he rots in jail.

mchurchfie
07-12-2009, 01:16 PM
Lindy is a good coach but he is too attached to his players. Everyone in this organization is too comfortable. They need to start from the top, blowup the FO then work their way thru the coaching staff and finally blowup this underachieving roster. It is a failure from top to bottom. Unfortunately, nothing is going to happen with this ownership. Why should they? We still buy tickets and put money in their pockets.:cynic:

OpIv37
07-12-2009, 09:27 PM
I'm chalking this one up to coachspeak.

Darcy's not getting help. If Ruff says he wants help, he pisses off both his boss and his players. Not smart. This is one of those cases where Ruff can't say how he really feels to the media.

We have no way of knowing if this is Ruff's true opinion or some PC BS that he fed the media.

THATHURMANATOR
07-13-2009, 08:25 AM
The loser mentality in this organization just makes me sick. There is no desire to get better, just the acceptance of mediocrity. There is a major philosophical problem in this organization that will keep it from winning anything until there are changes in who is running it.

http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/story/730137.html
Well he can't really say much else if he is content or not. He has no control over bringing in players ultimately.

I do really wonder what the deal is here. It is obvious some change is needed yet they aren't going to make any outside losing Spacek and getting Montadour which is a downgrade(I know they play different styles).

Are they going with a youth movement?

Are they gearing up for a run at Kane next year(unlikely but how sweet would that be).

SabreEleven
07-13-2009, 09:22 AM
How about saying nothing instead of blowing sunshine up our asses...They only one to believe him is LW.

Ebenezer
07-13-2009, 09:27 AM
the blame starts at the top....Tommy G.

Jan Reimers
07-13-2009, 10:08 AM
I'm chalking this one up to coachspeak.

Darcy's not getting help. If Ruff says he wants help, he pisses off both his boss and his players. Not smart. This is one of those cases where Ruff can't say how he really feels to the media.

We have no way of knowing if this is Ruff's true opinion or some PC BS that he fed the media.
Exactly right. What else could Ruff say?

Ebenezer
07-13-2009, 10:12 AM
Exactly right. What else could Ruff say?
Come on Jan, if we are to believe what others on here say, you know that Darcy and Lindy should be exactly like the posters on this board...public complainers who rip their bosses in public and quit when the boss does things they don't like.

/sarcasm

THATHURMANATOR
07-13-2009, 10:22 AM
How about saying nothing instead of blowing sunshine up our asses...They only one to believe him is LW.
If he is asked the question in the interview should he just sit silent.

trapezeus
07-13-2009, 10:57 AM
I get the sense that Ruff is totally beyond being annoyed by this these days. i think he is playing out his contract with a smile. and perhaps he resigns with the team because he's a buffalo guy...but one day, he'll get an urge to win it all with a real management that gives him the tools he wants.

the guy took a talentless team in 98 and 99 to the ECF and one of those teams to the stanley cup. Then he took a loaded team to game 7 with a decimated defense. he knows that he should be considered great and will probably crack and leave to get his chance. he'll become a scotty bowman like coach winning the cup constantly and some jackass here will say, "how come he couldn't do that when in buffalo?" and the reason? because he wasn't given a chance. He only did the best he could with the crap he was served.

bigbub2352
07-13-2009, 11:03 AM
This organization continues to show us it is run to make money not to win a championship. Ruff was basically stating that there goal was the 8th spot, that is a joke, the organization successfully scared the fan base into thinking they would leave if we didnt support them
so now they know mediocracy can make a profit and Golisano who could care less about this team and Quinn who just wants to make money for himself handcuff the pussy Regier and make him more of a pussy
I cant stand this team or there philosphies, every year we watch everyone else get better and some how no one is ever a fit for us?
get the **** out of here, McKee was a fit for the stanley cup champs but not here
Mara and Gil or good enough for montreal but not here
Derek Morris is still out there but not good enough for here
what a joke

trapezeus
07-13-2009, 01:52 PM
exactly bigbub. there is always an excuse why someone who would excite the fan base doesn't fit here. they are like the poker players too scared to jump in on a decent hand, scared at the band hands. they just want to make sure they don't lose their initial investment. it doesn't work in business, and it doesn't work in poker.

Golisano pays all this money to lobbyists to get his stupid political aspirations fix, but he won't just go all out and win one for this team. it's not a matter of having the biggest payrolll. but have a payroll at this point. get some players together. you have a coach who wins with many different team styles.

SabreEleven
07-15-2009, 08:44 AM
This organization continues to show us it is run to make money not to win a championship. Ruff was basically stating that there goal was the 8th spot, that is a joke, the organization successfully scared the fan base into thinking they would leave if we didnt support them
so now they know mediocracy can make a profit and Golisano who could care less about this team and Quinn who just wants to make money for himself handcuff the pussy Regier and make him more of a pussy
I cant stand this team or there philosphies, every year we watch everyone else get better and some how no one is ever a fit for us?
get the **** out of here, McKee was a fit for the stanley cup champs but not here
Mara and Gil or good enough for montreal but not here
Derek Morris is still out there but not good enough for here
what a joke

If you were a medium to big time free agent would you want to come to this organization?

bigbub2352
07-15-2009, 09:18 AM
If you were a medium to big time free agent would you want to come to this organization?

Sure if this team was willing to show that they were serious about winning, i mean alot of big time players played here lafontaine, Hawerchuck, Gilmore, Hasek to name a few, its not like it is awful here, it is the upper management that no one wants to play for, and how they treat the players when they are a FA, not the area, if it was the area then how come so many ex sabres live here? **** even Smhelick lives here

SabreEleven
07-15-2009, 08:27 PM
Sure if this team was willing to show that they were serious about winning, i mean alot of big time players played here lafontaine, Hawerchuck, Gilmore, Hasek to name a few, its not like it is awful here, it is the upper management that no one wants to play for, and how they treat the players when they are a FA, not the area, if it was the area then how come so many ex sabres live here? **** even Smhelick lives here

These players have one thing in common, they are all retired. It's great to live in the past...I'm worried about NOW.