PDA

View Full Version : The worst time of the year...

Bling
07-11-2009, 02:51 PM
Why you ask? Because this is when the homers come out in full force. They see what they want to see, and they see what they want to see out of the other team. You need to really think about what you're saying before you think you have a chance against New England or Miami.

ServoBillieves
07-11-2009, 03:01 PM
Why you ask? Because this is when the homers come out in full force. They see what they want to see, and they see what they want to see out of the other team. You need to really think about what you're saying before you think you have a chance against New England or Miami.

Fail.

Night Train
07-11-2009, 03:31 PM
Optimism sucks !

mayotm
07-11-2009, 03:33 PM
Gosh. I wish us Bills fans could be as rational as Dolphin fans or other NFL fans.

CuseJetsFan83
07-11-2009, 03:46 PM
this is THE BEST time of year.... everyone is 0-0...... only 19/20 more wins til the superbowl....... and training camps is a mere 3 weeks away

yordad
07-11-2009, 03:49 PM
Why you ask? Because this is when the homers come out in full force. They see what they want to see, and they see what they want to see out of the other team. You need to really think about what you're saying before you think you have a chance against New England or Miami.Kind of in the wrong forum, dontcha think there Blingster? :clown:

Oh yeah, wanna bet some Zbs on the fins making the Playoff this year? Kinda of ironic how in one sentance you're talking about off season homers, and in the next you are impling the Fins are one of the best in the league.

And to think, I thought this was the worst time of the football year because nothing football related is happening (and we are all anticipating it happening soon). Huh

Bling
07-11-2009, 04:03 PM
Kind of in the wrong forum, dontcha think there Blingster? :clown:

Oh yeah, wanna bet some Zbs on the fins making the Playoff this year? Kinda of ironic how in one sentance you're talking about off season homers, and in the next you are impling the Fins are one of the best in the league.

And to think, I thought this was the worst time of the football year because nothing football related is happening (and we are all anticipating it happening soon). Huh

The Fins are missing the playoffs (8-8), but they will sweep the Bills again. The Bills just keep getting worse every year.

yordad
07-11-2009, 04:25 PM
The Fins are missing the playoffs (8-8), but they will sweep the Bills again. The Bills just keep getting worse every year.I will bet 10,000 zbs that the Fins don't sweep the Bills.

Bling
07-11-2009, 04:33 PM
I will bet 10,000 zbs that the Fins don't sweep the Bills.

I don't have 10,000 ZBs, and you have 106,000. If you want to do 10,000 ZBs vs. whatever I have, you got a deal.

yordad
07-11-2009, 07:56 PM
I don't have 10,000 ZBs, and you have 106,000. If you want to do 10,000 ZBs vs. whatever I have, you got a deal.2000?

Bling
07-11-2009, 08:03 PM
2000?

That's cool. I'd do that deal.

Buffalogic
07-11-2009, 08:04 PM
The Miami Gimmicks? Not scared.

Bling
07-11-2009, 08:07 PM

I don't think anyone is scared in July.

Brown42000
07-11-2009, 08:12 PM

Creative and why should you be scared? Your not the one on the field playing them.

yordad
07-11-2009, 09:12 PM
That's cool. I'd do that deal.:shake:

TigerJ
07-11-2009, 09:20 PM
Count on getting picked on if you lose that bet, Bling.

Nighthawk
07-11-2009, 09:33 PM

Umm, you do realize that Miami isn't that good...don't you? Don't get me wrong, I know the Bills need work, but if you think that Miami is sniffing the playoffs this year, then you're on crack!

Bling
07-11-2009, 09:34 PM
Count on getting picked on if you lose that bet, Bling.

I won't care, really. I know they won't say anything when I win.

Bling
07-11-2009, 09:34 PM
Umm, you do realize that Miami isn't that good...don't you? Don't get me wrong, I know the Bills need work, but if you think that Miami is sniffing the playoffs this year, then you're on crack!

:chuckle: We'll sniff it, but we won't bite it.

Buffalogic
07-11-2009, 09:35 PM
Miami has an offense based on trickery and a defense with horrible corners. Their fluke year is over.

Nighthawk
07-11-2009, 09:36 PM
:chuckle: We'll sniff it, but we won't bite it.

You guys could barely beat the Bills last year, what makes you so confident...I don't get it? Miami was the worst playoff team of all the teams who made it last year. You sound stupid with this thread.

Bling
07-11-2009, 09:37 PM
Miami has an offense based on trickery and a defense with horrible corners. Their fluke year is over.

Hahaha... every year you guys appear in July talking smack. By the time it's October, you've disappeared. :snicker: Get back in the woodwork.

Bling
07-11-2009, 09:38 PM
You guys could barely beat the Bills last year, what makes you so confident...I don't get it? Miami was the worst playoff team of all the teams who made it last year. You sound stupid with this thread.

Your post always make me laugh. :chuckle:

Nighthawk
07-11-2009, 09:39 PM
Your post always make me laugh. :chuckle:

Why...because they always make sense instead of the garbage you post?

Bling
07-11-2009, 09:42 PM
Why...because they always make sense instead of the garbage you post?

:roflmao:

Buffalogic
07-11-2009, 09:43 PM
Hahaha... every year you guys appear in July talking smack. By the time it's October, you've disappeared. :snicker: Get back in the woodwork.
Lol why don't you just pray Sporano installs enough stupid wildcat plays to keep up with teams constantly killing your corners all game.

Bling
07-11-2009, 09:47 PM
Lol why don't you just pray Sporano installs enough stupid wildcat plays to keep up with teams constantly killing your corners all game.

:chuckle:

Want to know the difference between your team and my team? My team did what was necessary to end the losing. Our future looks bright, even if we go 8-8 this year. Yours brought in the cancer to make things worse.

Listen, if you're going to troll, go do it in another thread. This is a serious football topic.

Nighthawk
07-11-2009, 09:48 PM

Teams that use gimmick plays on a regular basis are doing it because they are not good enough to lineup and beat people straight up.

Nighthawk
07-11-2009, 09:49 PM

Want to know the difference between your team and my team? My team did what was necessary to end the losing. Our future looks bright, even if we go 8-8 this year. Yours brought in the cancer to make things worse.

Listen, if you're going to troll, go do it in another thread. This is a serious football topic.

No, the thing wrong with the Bills is that we kept a useless Head Coach who shouldn't even be in the NFL. Now that is the problem with this Bills team.

bigbry
07-12-2009, 10:09 AM
Teams that use gimmick plays on a regular basis are doing it because they are not good enough to lineup and beat people straight up.

That reasoning would be the exact cause for the Bills not having success. So just line up using the same old worn out plays on your way to a 6-10 season. Yeah that's it why change.

Scumbag College
07-12-2009, 07:18 PM
I hate homers, but the Bills are going 16-0 this year and beating every opponent by an average of seventy points.

!Papacrunk!
07-12-2009, 08:00 PM
here you go, it's almost like it was written for you :)

So many readers who don't follow the game closely enough are convinced the Dolphins won the AFC East with a gimmick offense. I can't count the number of times I've tried to explain the Dolphins used the Wildcat sparingly, that there's a misconception they used the direct snap to Ronnie Brown (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?playerId=8417) as their base offense because it dominated highlights.
Jason in Los Angeles took umbrage with the way I downplay the Wildcat and wrote: "I know you said the Dolphins don't use the Wildcat as much as people say, but I believe they did score most of their points that way. Any comments?"
The Dolphins scored eight touchdowns out of the Wildcat formation. They scored 40 touchdowns total.
They ran the Wildcat 90 times, an average of 6.4 a game once they introduced it in Week 3.
I feel like I've written this sentence a bazillion times, but I'll try it again: Chad Pennington (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?playerId=2149) had a career year and was involved in one Wildcat play.
He threw for 3,653 yards (most in his career) and 19 touchdowns (second-most of his career) and had a 97.4 passer rating (second-highest of his career). He completed one pass for 53 yards out of the Wildcat.
The Dolphins' offense deserves more respect than to be labeled a gimmick.

ESPN AFC East Tim Graham (http://myespn.go.com/blogs/afceast/0-8-238/Your-AFC-East-mailbag-delivered.html)

PromoTheRobot
07-12-2009, 09:17 PM
Why you ask? Because this is when the HATERS come out in full force. They see what they want to see, and they see what they want to see out of the other team. You need to really think about what you're saying before you think you have a chance against New England or Miami.

Funny how this applies to both sides. Homers, haters, what's the difference?

PTR

Goobylal
07-12-2009, 09:47 PM

Miami had to wait until the Jets cut Pennington to finally get a QB, and he's the reason they made the playoffs (well, that and Brady missing almost the entire season). But Pennington hasn't put together back-to-back good seasons in his NFL career. It will also be interesting to see how much the soon-to-be-35 year old Jason Ferguson has in the tank, to anchor the DL, considering no one else on their roster is a true NT.

Besides that, your team has no corners after losing their best secondary players in Goodman and Hill, and will need to rely exclusively on the pass rush to get to the QB before he can throw it to his WR's. Evans, TO, Reed, and Fine will eat Miami's secondary alive, and the Bills finish with Miami in their 11th game of the season, which is well before TO would theoretically blow-up (which he won't be doing this year anyway).

Buffalogic
07-13-2009, 04:55 AM
Just the mere threat of that stupid wildcat improved Pennington's chances to succeed during the entire game. Just because they didn't run wildcat 50% of their plays doesn't mean that Miami is off the hook, they still were a gimmick offense.

!Papacrunk!
07-13-2009, 07:41 AM
Just the mere threat of that stupid wildcat improved Pennington's chances to succeed during the entire game. Just because they didn't run wildcat 50% of their plays doesn't mean that Miami is off the hook, they still were a gimmick offense.

facts are presented, but can't be accepted. Too funny.

Static
07-13-2009, 07:58 AM

No , they were just a well prepared team that beat you twice last year, sorry if your team wasn't smart enough to spot a "Gimmick"

gil
07-13-2009, 07:59 AM
good lord, move this to spam or smack or whatever already

bigbry
07-13-2009, 10:15 AM
good lord, move this to spam or smack or whatever already

Why? There is a legitimate discussion going on here. What are you afraid of? Besides its in the ugly part of the off season.

yordad
07-13-2009, 10:42 AM
Why? There is a legitimate discussion going on here. What are you afraid of? Besides its in the ugly part of the off season.You can have a legit discussion in the different forum, including the smack zone. Just because this is a ligit discussion, doesn't mean it doesn't belong in another forum. This is surely smack zone material.

Bling
07-13-2009, 11:55 AM
there's no reason why trolls like Nighthawk and CTW should ruin where my thread was correctly placed.

bigbry
07-13-2009, 12:27 PM
You can have a legit discussion in the different forum, including the smack zone. Just because this is a ligit discussion, doesn't mean it doesn't belong in another forum. This is surely smack zone material.

Show me.
I see nothing but a lively respectful thread.

yordad
07-13-2009, 12:37 PM
Show me.
I see nothing but a lively respectful thread.Can you not respectfully talk smack? Does "respectful" or playful smack belong in the Bills forum, or the "smack" forum?

Show you? Can you not tell this thread was made to instigate Bills fans?

It isn't like I personally care. I'm just saying.

!Papacrunk!
07-13-2009, 01:21 PM
at worst it could go to the NFL zone area. It is the time of the year to tout one's own team as X and other teams especially rivals as Y. X=awesomest Y=not awesomest.

I do remember seeing on the GangGreen last year, there was a lot of 14-2 record predictions when Favre was signed. Good stuff, good stuff

Buffalogic
07-13-2009, 02:26 PM
What's too funny is Miami has one fluke year and now we have to listen to their fans present 'facts' on why it was more than just a fluke year, when clearly that's all it was lol. Sorry, the fins will be fighting the jets for most futile afce team this year depending on how pathetic Sanchez is for the crappy jets. Rest assured normalcy will be restored in 2009 and Miami will go back to the dumps despite their gimmick offense and their 'big arm' qb Pennington.

You come in here like Miami is so above us and like the dolphins can be even mentioned in the same gasp as the patriots, what a joke of a thread. You shouldn't be surprised about the replies that you got.

Miami and the jets get no respect because they are not worthy of it. No Matter how much you dolphin fans want to try to convince yourselves otherwise, our division is the Patriots, then everyone else. You are the same caliber team as the jets and bills; not the patriots so get over it.

Static
07-13-2009, 02:38 PM
What's too funny is Miami has one fluke year and now we have to listen to their fans present 'facts' on why it was more than just a fluke year, when clearly that's all it was lol. Sorry, the fins will be fighting the jets for most futile afce team this year depending on how pathetic Sanchez is for the crappy jets. Rest assured normalcy will be restored in 2009 and Miami will go back to the dumps despite their gimmick offense and their 'big arm' qb Pennington.

You come in here like Miami is so above us and like the dolphins can be even mentioned in the same gasp as the patriots, what a joke of a thread. You shouldn't be surprised about the replies that you got.

Miami and the jets get no respect because they are not worthy of it. No Matter how much you dolphin fans want to try to convince yourselves otherwise, our division is the Patriots, then everyone else. You are the same caliber team as the jets and bills; not the patriots so get over it.

The same except that we won the division.

jamze132
07-13-2009, 03:02 PM
The same except that we won the division.
We'll see how that works out now that Brady is back.

Static
07-13-2009, 03:09 PM
We'll see how that works out now that Brady is back.

I don't see how that helps the bills, but if it makes you happy.

Bling
07-13-2009, 03:18 PM
I guess the Jets will be swept (like the Bills) by the Pats, so they'll have a better chance at not being in the basement? I don't get what he's getting at either.

I remember when we all thought New England was a fluke too after their Super Bowl run. Boy were we wrong. Amazing what guys like Bill Parcells and Bill Belicheck can do to a franchise.

jamze132
07-13-2009, 03:21 PM
I don't see how that helps the bills, but if it makes you happy.
I said nothing about the Bills. I know we suck and I can admit it.

Static
07-13-2009, 03:26 PM
I said nothing about the Bills. I know we suck and I can admit it.

well we sucked in 2007

But we didn't in 2008 (until the playoffs)

SquishDaFish
07-13-2009, 03:51 PM
Ill bet CASH $$$$ MONEY with you Bling that the Bills do NOT get swept against your CRAP of a franchise FISH! :squish:

Pinkerton Security
07-13-2009, 04:07 PM
Sooooooooo the phins have pretty good year with Pennington having one of his best seasons ever, the Wildcat tearing the league up at first...what happens next year when the Wildcat continues to trend toward being ineffective as teams figure it out? What happens when Pennington gets hurt or has an off year (and dont say Chad Henne is gonna be awesome because you cant expect a man who hasnt taken a snap to replace the kind of player Pennington was last year)?

Also, these are the teams the Phins beat last year:
- Pats
-Chargers
-Bills X2
-Broncoes
-Seahawks
-Raiders
-Rams
-Niners
-Chiefs
-Jets

Combined record: 61-99

I am not sure what makes you think you can suddenly put yourselves in the same boat as the Pats. You beat them once with a good gameplan that caught Belichek completely off guard. Next time though, you got destroyed.

The Bills have lots of work to do, any somewhat realistic fan can see that. But the Phins (if at all) are marginally better as far as talent goes than the Bills, and I expect them to have similar outcomes next year.

Nighthawk
07-13-2009, 06:55 PM
there's no reason why trolls like Nighthawk and CTW should ruin where my thread was correctly placed.

Bling, you're an idiot and it shows by calling me a troll...I'm on this site all the time, but obviously somebody of your intelligence level has trouble seeing that. Please, please...go away.

Bling
07-13-2009, 09:01 PM
Ill bet CASH $$$$ MONEY with you Bling that the Bills do NOT get swept against your CRAP of a franchise FISH! :squish:

What are you thinking? A grand? Let's make this interesting.

SquishDaFish
07-13-2009, 09:04 PM
Lets do it little boy. Im down and we have witnesses. Whatever you want to lose Im down to bet.

bigbry
07-13-2009, 09:24 PM

Normalcy would be judged by a long history correct? I suggest you look at the AFCE history and tell me again what "normalcy" is.
lol

bigbry
07-13-2009, 09:28 PM
Can you not respectfully talk smack? Does "respectful" or playful smack belong in the Bills forum, or the "smack" forum?

Show you? Can you not tell this thread was made to instigate Bills fans?

It isn't like I personally care. I'm just saying.

No not really.
So I guess what you are saying is Bills and Dolphin fans can only talk in the "smack" forum?

Bling
07-13-2009, 10:39 PM
Lets do it little boy. Im down and we have witnesses. Whatever you want to lose Im down to bet.

lol Ok, big boy.

jamze132
07-13-2009, 11:32 PM
well we sucked in 2007

But we didn't in 2008 (until the playoffs)
And now it's a new season of suck.

Buffalogic
07-14-2009, 12:56 AM
Everyone saw the Ravens expose Miami as the playoff impostors that they truly were. Miami's attack that game was not only ineffective, but completely futile. I'm talking max futility. Not only that, but Miami made Baltimore's less than stellar offense look like a bunch of pro-bowlers.

The fins laid an egg at their only fluke chance to win in the playoffs. How, in light of that, can u fin fans actually be encouraged about your chances in the future instead of horribly discouraged??

Bling
07-14-2009, 12:57 AM
Everyone saw the Ravens expose Miami as the playoff impostors that they truly were. Miami's attack that game was not only ineffective, but completely futile. I'm talking max futility. Not only that, but Miami made Baltimore's less than stellar offense look like a bunch of pro-bowlers.

The fins laid an egg at their only fluke chance to win in the playoffs. How, in light of that, can u fin fans actually be encouraged about your chances in the future instead of horribly discouraged??

Because the Ravens are good. The Bills are not.

Buffalogic
07-14-2009, 01:07 AM
The Ravens will be lucky if they even get a sniff of the playoffs this year.

And you didn't answer the question.

Bling
07-14-2009, 01:24 AM
The Ravens will be lucky if they even get a sniff of the playoffs this year.

And you didn't answer the question.

What exactly do you want me to tell you? That the Dolphins have a gimmicky offense? Bill Parcells is building a playoff team. Look at how much Miami did with so little last year. Now they have more depth, a better O-Line, Pat White, more WR, Jason Taylor.

I already told you 8-8. Three loss difference. After we sweep the Bills, all we have to do is win six of the remaining 14 games. If we split with New York, all we have to do is win five.

ATL - W
IND - L
SD - W
BUF - W
NYJ - W
NO - L
NYJ - L
TB - W
CAR - L
BUF - W
NE - L
NE - L
JAC - W
TEN - L
HOU - W
PIT - L

But do you mind leaving the thread? You've totally made it off topic. I really only wanted to talk about unrealistic fans that get all hyped up during this time of year.

SquishDaFish
07-14-2009, 03:11 AM
lol Ok, big boy.

So we have a bet?

SquishDaFish
07-14-2009, 03:12 AM
Your one of those fans Bling. That get overhyped

Buffalogic
07-14-2009, 03:58 AM
But do you mind leaving the thread? You've totally made it off topic. I really only wanted to talk about unrealistic fans that get all hyped up during this time of year.

Fans like you? You know, the ones who act like they are in the same class as the Patriots...

The Popcorn
07-14-2009, 07:18 AM

HAHAHAHA!!!!!!

Like the Miami Dolphins don't have their share of homers. Miami is not as good as you think they are. They could easily pull what the Cleveland Browns did last year. You should take a look in the mirror before you start criticizing Bills fans.

Bling
07-14-2009, 01:46 PM
So we have a bet?

How much are we betting again?

Luisito23
07-14-2009, 02:00 PM
How much are we betting again?

10,000 ZBs take it, or leave it!

Static
07-14-2009, 02:01 PM

I'll spot you the rest Bling if you need em.

Bling
07-14-2009, 02:02 PM

I already got yordad down for 2000. I just don't have 10,000 ZBs.

Thanks for the offer, Static, but I don't like owing people money. :(

Static
07-14-2009, 02:04 PM
I already got yordad down for 2000. I just don't have 10,000 ZBs.

Thanks for the offer, Static, but I don't like owing people money. :(

They're Zonebux......I wont miss em.

Luisito23
07-14-2009, 02:06 PM
I understand Bling....But if you want it's me and you Static.

SquishDaFish
07-14-2009, 02:51 PM
Whatever real cash amount you want to do Bling. Name it

xXSpIkes5IXx
07-14-2009, 04:45 PM
In the NFL, there is a gigantic degree of parody, however a 1-15 to 11-5 turnaround requires more than just good coaching and good personnel decisions, it requires a large degree of luck.

Here are the reasons Miami will not be anywhere as close to how good they were in 2008:

1. The wildcat offense will not catch teams off guard anymore, though it may still have some degree of success, it will not be as game changing as it was last year.

2. Pennington's career year will probably not happen again, thus your ridiculous turnover ratio should normalize. (+17 in 2009) Also, especially in his recent years, Pennington has shown some injury concerns.

3. Age in your front 7 could start to bear its ugly head (Ferguson, Porter, Taylor will all be over 32 when the season starts)

4. You guys did not lose any key players to injury last year,(the most key being Greg Camarillo) a feat that rarely occurs in any sport.

5. The main reason is your absolutely brutal schedule: You get all the playoff teams in the AFC but Baltimore, and you get 2 playoff teams in the NFC. So that's 7 playoff teams not counting the Patriots with Brady twice. Last year you played 3 games against playoff teams and went 1-2 (beat SD, lost to ARI, and Baltimore)

The true makeup of the Miami Dolphins will truly be tested this season. Despite all the bashing that has been going Miami does 2 things very well. They run and stop the run, which is what you hear coaches say are the two most important things to have a successful football team. They have also tried to repair their horrid pass defense with the addition of Gibril Wilson, Vontae Davis, Sean Smith and Eric Green.

All this being said i can see the Dolphins and the Bills having pretty similar records this year, and a sweep by the Fish of the Bills seems highly unlikely.

SquishDaFish
07-14-2009, 05:22 PM
Great posting XxSpikes. Wait till I have my bet next time please lol

Bling
07-14-2009, 05:50 PM
Whatever real cash amount you want to do Bling. Name it

Ok. $30 sound good? That's about all I have in my little piggie bank. Do you have a Coinstar by you by any chance?

SquishDaFish
07-14-2009, 06:15 PM
$30 it is. I have paypal. Does that work for you?

Bling
07-14-2009, 11:03 PM
$30 it is. I have paypal. Does that work for you?

Sure. Sounds good.

feldspar
07-14-2009, 11:40 PM

I'm just curious as to how you separate yourself completely from the phenomenon you've described.

SquishDaFish
07-15-2009, 03:27 AM
Ok its a bet

SquishDaFish
11-29-2009, 03:29 PM
Ok. $30 sound good? That's about all I have in my little piggie bank. Do you have a Coinstar by you by any chance?

Someone owes me some Cash. Where are you bro

SquishDaFish
11-29-2009, 03:41 PM
Gotta say I love this thread. Rereading it makes you :roflmao:

SquishDaFish
11-29-2009, 04:53 PM
Yordad he also owes you some Zonebucks :lol:

airdog32
11-29-2009, 06:25 PM
Someone owes me some Cash. Where are you bro
hell be a no show has his head buried in that south beach sand cause the crappy bills whipped on his young and talented fins!!!!!!
Go bills win out forget about next years draft!!!!!!

yordad
11-30-2009, 07:47 AM
Bump!

SABURZFAN
11-30-2009, 12:36 PM
:lolpoint: Bling

SquishDaFish
11-30-2009, 01:07 PM
Lets go Bling. Respond here or PM bro

yordad
11-30-2009, 01:16 PM
Lets go Bling. Respond here or PM broLOL, I didn't even notice you had already bumped this thread, lol.

Bling
11-30-2009, 06:42 PM
You guys are lucky I came him to post on the BB situation. I totally forgot about these bets.

SquishDaFish
11-30-2009, 06:47 PM
Bling thank you for responding and being a man about it