PDA

View Full Version : 14: How much will Sanders help the D-line?

Syderick
07-13-2009, 10:54 AM
How coach Bob Sanders' style of coaching is working with the defensive line:

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-3/14-how-much-will-sanders-help-the-d-line/854819a8-61bd-419f-9517-7dd78d2b127f

trapezeus
07-13-2009, 11:07 AM
ahhh that's good propaganda. i'm as skeptical about the team's performance as anyone, but you read something about a line coach that could get a bunch of underacheiving, high motor guys, and it makes you want to believe. I hope Sanders emphasis on technique instead of heart is the thing these guys need to be able to get to the QB.

Mahdi
07-13-2009, 11:34 AM
ahhh that's good propaganda. i'm as skeptical about the team's performance as anyone, but you read something about a line coach that could get a bunch of underacheiving, high motor guys, and it makes you want to believe. I hope Sanders emphasis on technique instead of heart is the thing these guys need to be able to get to the QB.
I think its technique as well as heart rather than instead of.

trapezeus
07-13-2009, 03:57 PM
fair enough Mahdi. It just seems that every coach we bring in that is suppose to have succeeded like Sam Wchye, struggled here. i like to believe sanders is going to right this ship, but i have my reservations.

OpIv37
07-13-2009, 04:26 PM
Didn't the Bills try this with the OL and McNally a few years back? Coaches aren't miracle workers- they can't take chicken **** and turn it into chicken salad.

casdhf
07-13-2009, 05:01 PM
Didn't the Bills try this with the OL and McNally a few years back? Coaches aren't miracle workers- they can't take chicken **** and turn it into chicken salad. We don't have chicken ****. We have underachievers. Schobel, Maybin, Stroud, and McCargo were all first rounders. Kelsay and Denney were 2nds. There is the talent there, we just need to see production.

OpIv37
07-13-2009, 05:24 PM
We don't have chicken ****. We have underachievers. Schobel, Maybin, Stroud, and McCargo were all first rounders. Kelsay and Denney were 2nds. There is the talent there, we just need to see production.

McNally had Mike Williams- he was a first rounder. I really don't think the talent is there. Schobel's not an underachiever- he was an overachiever for a few seasons and now he's showing his true colors. Kelsay, Denney, and McCargo were just bad picks by a franchise that doesn't know how to draft. I'll give you Stroud, and it's way too early to tell on Maybin.

casdhf
07-13-2009, 06:04 PM
You can't deny that Mike WIlliams had talent. His problem was that his talent couldn't overcome his tendency to be a fat, lazy sack of ****.

Jan Reimers
07-13-2009, 06:34 PM
Sanders will get a lot more from McCargo than Krumrie and Kollar, who were basically yellers and screamers. I look for McCargo to be a contributor this year.

BillsWin
07-13-2009, 06:35 PM
nix and sanders were two great front office moves

OpIv37
07-14-2009, 04:42 PM
You can't deny that Mike WIlliams had talent. His problem was that his talent couldn't overcome his tendency to be a fat, lazy sack of ****.

ok you got me there.