• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jimbohastle51
    All-Pro Zoner
    • Feb 2005

Apparently rausenhaus and bills have plans to keep T.O. in buffalo past 09

Many league observers assume that receiver Terrell Owens' detour to Buffalo represents a one-year visit and not a long-term destination.

kinda figured that at 35 T.O. wouldnt just want 1 year because 1 year wont change a career long stereotype and if no teams wanted him before a 1000 yard 10 TD season what team would want him next year? i am sure in him and his agents heads they told the bills they would showcase what they can do for the bills this season and then get an extension done in season or shortly after. probably a 2 year extension (he had just signed a 3 year extension in dallas, so this season and a 2 year extension would make up the 3 year one he just lost in big D). there is also a good point in the arcticle that says that our front office could basically tell any coach that they hired if jauron is fired that T.O. will be back regardless of there thought. and knowing buffalo they wont give a head coach that much control anyways (the only reason jauron got the job over sherman is because jauron didnt mind giving up alot of control to levy and the brain trust). besides if T.O. sells tickets and jerseys in WNY there is no way the bills wont ride it as long as they can, or at least a couple seasons.
  • Yasgur's Farm
    • Feb 2005

Re: Apparently rausenhaus and bills have plans to keep T.O. in buffalo past 09

This is probably good news... Hardy and Johnson can learn a lot from T.O.

Comment

• madness
      • Apr 2003

So it looks like the possibility is open IF we can win this year.

Comment

• Syderick
        • Apr 2006

If it works it out for him to stay longer, it'll help with some consistency at wr.
        3,000,000th post on BZ!

Comment

• trapezeus
          Legendary Zoner
          • Oct 2004

it would be so sad if the agent and TO have to put the ultimatum to the team, "show us that you want to win and we'll show you an extra year or two."

not that that is how it is, but i can imagine that being the case for the bills.

Comment

• ddaryl
            Everything I post is sexual inuendo
            • Jan 2005

the question is... DOES TO show any sort of loyalty to the Bills and sign an extension similiar to the 1 year offer he signed with us, or does he demand more then Evans ????

I beleive TO is going to shock the NFL and help put the Bills back on the map. I beliee he'll demonstrate some loyalty to this team if we have a solid season and he gets his touches.

I honestly believe this young Bills team is perfect for TO. his style may be controversial, but his efforts will be contagious, and TO will get accolades at seasons end for what he brought to the Bills... TO will love the postive press and all will be peachy keen for TO to stay a few more years..

unfortuantely its never year 1 that brings out the whine in TO... It's years 2 and three...

still hoping this all works out though...

Comment

• WeAreArthurMoates
              • Feb 2009

I beleive TO is going to shock the NFL and help put the Bills back on the map. I beliee he'll demonstrate some loyalty to this team if we have a solid season and he gets his touches.
              I believe that same, and while Lee will be more the game breaker, TO will get the stats. I think Trent and this staff will force feed him the ball. If we leads us to the playoffs I think he will get MVP consideration considering his star status compared to our team.

Comment

• jimbohastle51
                All-Pro Zoner
                • Feb 2005

Originally posted by ddaryl
                the question is... DOES TO show any sort of loyalty to the Bills and sign an extension similiar to the 1 year offer he signed with us, or does he demand more then Evans ????

I honestly believe this young Bills team is perfect for TO. his style may be controversial, but his efforts will be contagious, and TO will get accolades at seasons end for what he brought to the Bills... TO will love the postive press and all will be peachy keen for TO to stay a few more years..

unfortuantely its never year 1 that brings out the whine in TO... It's years 2 and three...

still hoping this all works out though...
                the good thing is with the guaranteed amount of money we are already giving him we have kinda set our selves up so if we are forced to franchise him after the season (the average salary of the top 5 recievers in the league) it would be around 8 million for 1 season guaranteed and we are already giving him 6.5 so really we would only be giving him 1.5 million more for another season, that really isnt a big raise if he brings revenue 8-12 TD's and 1000 yards recieving and evans gets better. we are set up nicely to keep him. also remember he is 35 and will be 36 next season and as i stated 1 season of shuting up and putting up numbers isnt going to break a career long stereotype, so i am sure he would rather work a 2 year extension out and just get paid and stay in the situation he already likes than risk having to take the same or less money from a team like oakland or st. louis, or flat out retire. he knows if he is going to keep playing football beyond this season it will have to be with the Bills. his days of getting the choice of team and monster signing bonus are over. he just got his last big payday and team switch. he is going to have to work it out and be a bill for a couple years and try to elevate the bills and hope to get rewarded for it. and honestly i do think our offense is going to be sick this year.

Comment

• jamze132
                  Don’t hate…
                  • Jun 2003

Everyone knows what happens to the guy throwing the ball to TO in his second season...

Comment

• TigerJ
                    • Jul 2002

I have no objection to the Bills signing TO to an extension, as long as there are some protections against some of the typical TO shenanigans of the past. Therefore, the signing bonus has to be limited in size with maybe some additional bonuses tied to on field and locker room behavior.
                    I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• The Popcorn
                      Cincinatti > Buffalo
                      • Jun 2009

Popcorn will rank right up there with chicken wings if Terrell Owens does sign an extension with the Bills.
                      The Popcorn and Terrell Owens are coming to a town near you.

Comment

• JD
                        Sabres Zone
                        • Sep 2003

We kept Jauron when we didn't do anything.. why wouldn't we extend TO after another losing season?
                        “You hold a players only meeting and get each guy to stand up and say what he can bring to the table... and if he doesn't, you punch him in the face.” ~~ Harry Neale, on how to fix the Sabres season.

Comment

• kid mickey
                          • Apr 2009

Extending Owens would be risky. Thing is Reed is also in a contract year. I would resign T.O only if I didn't see a whole lot of promise in what Steve Johnson could do. Of course if T.O blows up and has a monster year it would be tough to watch him walk. I want to see what he does this year first. I want to see how all the receivers progress. This is the first year in a long time that I am really psyched about what this offense could be capable of. Don't let me down Buffalo.
                          Biggest Donte Whitner supporter on this entire message board...Maybe biggest Donte Whitner fan ever...Wish there was a white throwback out that I could get of you guessed it #20...

Comment

• PIZ
                            • Apr 2003

Maybe he'll like it so much that he will retire a Buffalo Bill and go to the Hall of Fame as a Buffalo Bill?

Comment

• DRELOVESBills
                              • Feb 2009

Originally posted by PIZ
                              Maybe he'll like it so much that he will retire a Buffalo Bill and go to the Hall of Fame as a Buffalo Bill?
                              sorry but that will never happen because he will go to the hall as a 49er

Comment

Working...
                              X