PDA

View Full Version : Brian Griese Released from TB...

jamze132
07-13-2009, 03:10 PM
Griese. Sorry, I can't spell.

According to ESPN ticker.

Come on, he's go to be better than that Fitzpatrick guy.

LtFinFan66
07-13-2009, 03:10 PM
Griese

jamze132
07-13-2009, 03:11 PM
Griese
I already fixed it. but I'm not a mod so I can't fix the title.

X-Era
07-13-2009, 03:37 PM
I already fixed it. but I'm not a mod so I can't fix the title.

P{retty sure you can if you click on edit and then advanced edit.

LtFinFan66
07-13-2009, 03:38 PM
I already fixed it. but I'm not a mod so I can't fix the title.fixed

trapezeus
07-13-2009, 03:56 PM
if our QB had to "QB" a game of Beirut or flip cup, then Griese would be our guy. If you want a guy you can count on, you'll take pretty much anyone else including Roscoe Parrish as QB....but you aren't desperate enough to take on JP.

Night Train
07-13-2009, 06:36 PM
To be cut 4 or 5 times, there has to be some issues (still boozing ?) that make coaches want to rid of him so often.

SeatownBillsFan21
07-13-2009, 08:09 PM
I think our FO is done with the FA game for now.And even if they were not i still would say NO.

Jan Reimers
07-14-2009, 06:45 AM
It won't happen, but I'd take Griese as our backup in a New York minute. He has been far more successful in this league than Fitzpatrick.

jamze132
07-14-2009, 10:35 AM
It's just a thought fellows.

Scumbag College
07-14-2009, 12:10 PM
Bring him in!

jimbohastle51
07-14-2009, 12:34 PM
have to admit he would be a real nice backup for us. unfortunately we already gave the 2 million a year to fitzpatrick. i would love brian griese here for 2 years at 2 million per. and then we could still keep hamdan for trent (because the 2 are best friends and prepare together every week). trent is still young and since hamdan doesnt cost really anything and trent relys on him so much his roster spot as the 3rd QB is safe. they are not going to take trents buddy away until they know trent has the hang of everything, GB did the same thing with doug peterson for years with brett favre. peterson even tried to retire 2wice and favre talked him out of it. at least if trent went down i wouldnt worry as much with our running game and recievers with griese, but with fitzpatrick i will honestly believe the season is over if playoffs havnt already been clinched.

ddaryl
07-14-2009, 12:49 PM
I would rather have Griese then Fitzpatrick myself, but I doubt the Bills are looking at FA QB's at all.. let alone any other FA out there

jamze132
07-14-2009, 03:40 PM
I would rather have Griese then Fitzpatrick myself, but I doubt the Bills are looking at FA QB's at all.. let alone any other FA out there
I agree but as a GM should do, he should look to improve the club any way they can, whenever they can.

I'm not really looking to get up to get another beer, but if the wife happens to walk by, I'll at least ask if she could bring me one.

feldspar
07-15-2009, 01:26 AM
To be cut 4 or 5 times, there has to be some issues (still boozing ?) that make coaches want to rid of him so often.

At this moment, the only issue is that he is a borderline starter; in other words, a good backup.

Denver released him because they thought they would do better with Jake Plummer. Miami didn't really give him much of a chance. So then he went to Tampa, where he completed almost 70% of his passes in his first year with a QB rating of around 97...he tore his ACL early in his second year, then was released after the year was over....Gruden had about 25 other QBs there. Griese then came to a Chicago team that made a Super Bowl run the first year he was there. Don't you remember the controversy about how a lot of people thought Griese should start over Grossman. Before the 2008 season, Chicago TRADED him back to the very same people that released him in Tampa, so they must have thought something of him there in Tampa. He actually started there last year before he got hurt again. He was cut loose in Tampa because Gruden was fired, basically.

I'm telling you, Griese is a pretty good QB, and definitely a WAY better backup than we have now. I say pick him up and cut Hamdan loose. Hamdan is nothing...Griese has had 83 starts in the NFL, and has had some very good seasons...even made it to the Pro Bowl once.

thunderofhooves
07-19-2009, 03:24 PM
He's ok, though he does have a tendency to hold onto the ball to long and his vision downfield is pretty poor. He completes a lot of passes by they're 3 - 5 yard dump off to RB's and TE's