• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • T-Long
    Circling the Wagons since 1982.
    • Sep 2003

Coy Wire/ Jon Corto/ John McCargo/ NFL Network

My buddy invited me to Coy's house over the 4th for a party. We were on vacation so we couldnt go, but thought I would share. He is in Atlanta with him right now until Sunday.

Jon Corto stayed at his house for a week recently and he told me some interesting things about him.

* He asked him about T.O. and he said him and the rest of the guys don't care at all if he speaks up, as long as he is performing on the field. He said he was a great guy and barely says anything. He is a leader by example.

*Corto put on 18lbs of pure muscle in the offseason. My buddy also told me that Corto is just flat out a freak of nature. One funny thing he said was that Corto is always "mad". I asked him what he meant, and he said he is just always talking football and getting fired up about it.

*McCargo & Tank Tyler called him 2 weeks ago to get their training schedule put together. I asked him about McCargo being in better shape this season based on that video we saw, and he said he hasn't seen him since the end of last season, but he'll have a better view of him soon.

* Steve Wyche from NFL Network was in Atlanta with them yesterday doing a story on Coy. I guess it's a story about overcoming adversity and always being the guy who is questioned due to his size, and yet still excel. My buddy was mic'd up for the whole thing. It will be on NFL Network soon. I will let you all know when it happens.

(For those that don't know, my buddy is an NFL Trainer and Co-owner of Coy's Gym in Camp Hill, PA. He is a friend of mine from high school and my college roomate, and the God Father of my daughter Kendyl)

Just thought I'd share..
  • Hemlepp53
    • Jul 2004

Re: Coy Wire/ Jon Corto/ John McCargo/ NFL Network

appericate the 411... keep it coming....
    @Hemlepp53

Comment

• yordad
      • Dec 2007

So... Corto put on 18 lbs of pure muscle and is always pissed?

(thinks about it for a second)

Sweet!
      "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

• SquishDaFish
        Lets GO BUFFALO!!
        • Jun 2005

Cool bro

Comment

• Nighthawk
          Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo!
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by T-Long
          My buddy invited me to Coy's house over the 4th for a party. We were on vacation so we couldnt go, but thought I would share. He is in Atlanta with him right now until Sunday.

Jon Corto stayed at his house for a week recently and he told me some interesting things about him.

* He asked him about T.O. and he said him and the rest of the guys don't care at all if he speaks up, as long as he is performing on the field. He said he was a great guy and barely says anything. He is a leader by example.

*Corto put on 18lbs of pure muscle in the offseason. My buddy also told me that Corto is just flat out a freak of nature. One funny thing he said was that Corto is always "mad". I asked him what he meant, and he said he is just always talking football and getting fired up about it.

*McCargo & Tank Tyler called him 2 weeks ago to get their training schedule put together. I asked him about McCargo being in better shape this season based on that video we saw, and he said he hasn't seen him since the end of last season, but he'll have a better view of him soon.

* Steve Wyche from NFL Network was in Atlanta with them yesterday doing a story on Coy. I guess it's a story about overcoming adversity and always being the guy who is questioned due to his size, and yet still excel. My buddy was mic'd up for the whole thing. It will be on NFL Network soon. I will let you all know when it happens.

(For those that don't know, my buddy is an NFL Trainer and Co-owner of Coy's Gym in Camp Hill, PA. He is a friend of mine from high school and my college roomate, and the God Father of my daughter Kendyl)

Just thought I'd share..
          So, a current Bills mediocre "LB" was hanging out with a previous Bills mediocre "LB". You'd think these guys would actually try to train with guys who know how to play the position?!?! Hell....where was Ellison in that mix!!??
          Last edited by Nighthawk; 07-14-2009, 07:08 PM.

Comment

• Slim
            • Apr 2004

I visited John M. three weeks ago and he's looking cut. He's back home in Virginia right now. He's healthy for the first time in years and he's looking like a tank right now.
            Last edited by Slim; 07-14-2009, 07:28 PM.

Comment

• billsburgh
              • Jul 2003

Originally posted by yordad

Sweet!
              4 game suspension coming up

Comment

• shelby
                The Vanilla admin
                • Jul 2002

i'm happy that Coy Wire is finding success in Atlanta. He was my favorite player.
                Thanks for the info!

Comment

• mybills
                  81 st zoner
                  • Jul 2002

Coy's Dad is a nice guy...and fun to tailgate with.

Originally posted by yordad

Sweet!
                  It's that Catholic College he went to..my niece is always pissed too.
                  I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• madness
                    • Apr 2003

Thanks for the info, man. I'd like to see that story on NFL network so don't forget to update us!
                    Last edited by madness; 07-15-2009, 09:30 AM.

Comment

• bigbub2352
                      • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Hemlepp53
                      appericate the 411... keep it coming....
                      American bull dog? in your pic im interested in getting one, i have an english bulldog now
                      XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY

Comment

• The last buffalo fan
                        I told the pet store guy "How else am I supposed to get the mouse out of my ass?"
                        • Sep 2004

Thanks for sharing, T!
                        The Mexican & too!!

- Adriano & Emiliano, the next Villa & Zapata. Viva Mexico, cabrones!!! -

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                          Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                          • May 2003

Originally posted by bigbub2352
                          American bull dog? in your pic im interested in getting one, i have an english bulldog now
                          My daughter has a female American bulldog named Stella. Great disposition, good with other dogs, very affectionate, smart, and loves the water.
                          Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• ddaryl
                            Everything I post is sexual inuendo
                            • Jan 2005

that was a cool little read.. best part 18lbs of muscle... now if the majority of our guys could do that !!!

Comment

• ServoBillieves
                              The Voice of Reason
                              • Jul 2007

Originally posted by Nighthawk
                              So, a current Bills mediocre "LB" was hanging out with a previous Bills mediocre "LB". You'd think these guys would actually try to train with guys who know how to play the position?!?! Hell....where was Ellison in that mix!!??
                              Hanging out with Mario Haggan I believe.
                              Bye Bye Brady...

Comment

Working...
                              X