• Syderick
    • Apr 2006

Bills Focus: Steve Johnson pressing for his Chance

Chris Brown interview and video of WR Steve Johnson:

3,000,000th post on BZ!

• Hemlepp53
    • Jul 2004

Re: Bills Focus: Steve Johnson pressing for his Chance

I can't wait to see what the kid brings to the field at WR. One of our more impressive picks as of recent. Heres a question i can't seem to answer myself.... Who's the better true WR Hardy or Johnson???
    @Hemlepp53

Comment

• homeslice5484
      • Jul 2008

How ya gonna stop #13?

Comment

• BillsWin
        man amongst boys
        • Oct 2008

Love him. Standup kid. Hardworker. underdog. future star. whats not to love?
        Last edited by BillsWin; 07-14-2009, 07:31 PM.
        I am The Batman.

Comment

• homeslice5484
          • Jul 2008

and people laughed when i was excited we drafted him and talked about how good he was and would be :oP

Comment

• yordad
            • Dec 2007

Originally posted by Hemlepp53
            I can't wait to see what the kid brings to the field at WR. One of our more impressive picks as of recent. Heres a question i can't seem to answer myself.... Who's the better true WR Hardy or Johnson???
            Well, so far it is Johnson, IMO. But, it is a little early, it can surly still go either way. It would, of course, be nice if they both became awesome.
            "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

• jamze132
              Don’t hate…
              • Jun 2003

I have high hopes for this guy in the NFL.

Comment

• Luisito23
                Men Have Superbowl Gold, Legends Have Platinum Hearts!!!
                • Apr 2003

He has the size, speed, and heart to make him a future Pro-bowler no doubt.
                "Expect rejection, but expect more to overcome it."
                ***Marv Levy.***

"Coach Levy is one of the most inspirational people that I have ever known."
                ***Thurman Thomas.***

"You're not going to find a more classier, down-to-Earth person away from the field than Marv Levy. He's a guy who's pretty much made me what I am today as far as a professional player and a person."
                ***Jim Kelly***

Marv Levy's Website

Comment

• Night Train
                  Retired - On Several Levels
                  • Jul 2005

It just goes to show what a total crapshoot the draft is ( Hardy Rd-1,SJ Rd-7 ).

He made some incredible catches in camp last year & I'm hoping he gets on the field more.
                  Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• Yasgur's Farm
                    • Feb 2005

Hardy was round 2... Just to be clear.

Comment

• Tatonka
                      • Jul 2002

guys.. i think it is WAY premature to give up on Hardy.. the guy is coming off an injury and didnt see much playing time last year.. and he was a rookie.. i mean we are talking about johnson (who i am excited about as well) like he has 100 catches.. he had 10.. so lets not go nuts with the "hardy sucks and johnson is unstoppable" stuff just yet.

they both my suck.. one may be better than the other.. and hopefully we luck out and both will be awesome.
                      "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                        Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                        • May 2003

The thing that surprised me about Hardy was not his poor route running or other unpolished receiving skills. Those are to be expected. What concerned me was his inability to use his size to aggressively fight for balls that he could have won.

I think that his route running and other techniques can be improved with better coaching, but I wonder about his basic toughness and competitiveness.
                        Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                          Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                          • May 2003

I forgot to add that Johnson seems to have more of that innate toughness and competitiveness than Hardy.
                          Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• bigbub2352
                            • Feb 2005

I said it when we picked him i thought he was the steal of our draft class, i couldnt believe he was still there, i think this is gonna be Josh Reeds replacement next yr
                            XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY

Comment

• madness
                              • Apr 2003

COLLEGE: Became the fourth player in Kentucky history to gain over 1,000 yards receiving in a season…His 13 touchdown catches were one shy of the school season-record… Gained 1,041 yards receiving in 2007… All-SEC first-team selection by the College Football News …Named the team’s Most Improved Offensive Player by the coaching staff … Ranked second in the SEC with an average of 80.8 yards receiving per game …caught two game-winning touchdown passes – a 57-yarder with 28 seconds left vs. Louisville and a seven-yarder in triple OT vs. No. 1 ranked LSU…Sociology major.
                              I'm still amazed he dropped as far as he did. The guy did it all in college... had the yards, caught TD's including game winners, and the MIOP just goes to show hard this kid works.

I hope nothing but success for this guy.

Comment

Working...
                              X