PDA

View Full Version : Chris Brown is a moron

OpIv37
07-14-2009, 09:20 PM
Here's his latest article on the supplemental draft:

http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2009/07/13/dont-see-bills-making-supplemental-draft-pick/

I agree with the second part of the article. The Bills won't sacrifice a 2010 draft pick. But here's the idiotic part:

I don’t see the Bills participating for a couple of reasons. First, the top prospects are at positions where Buffalo currently has a surplus of talent. Kentucky DE Jeremy Jarmon, Texas Tech DE McKinner Dixon and Kansas St. WR Deon Murphy are at positions where the Bills are pretty well stocked.

In fact it wouldn’t be surprising if the Bills explore moving a receiver or DE at the close of the preseason provided everyone stays healthy because it’s unlikely they’ll be able to keep all of their talent at those respective positions, and most of it is NFL caliber.

A surplus of talent at DE? Who? Schobel's always been overhyped and is on the decline. Kelsay never lived up to expectations and is no better than Denney. Denney is what he is: a decent depth guy but not an NFL starter. Ellis and Maybin are still question marks. Ellis did nothing last year and Maybin is still undersized- I'm not going to write these guys off already, but it's still absurd for Brown to say we have a "surplus of talent" with that many question marks at the position. I rarely if ever read BB.com, and this kind of crap is the reason why.

OpIv37
07-14-2009, 09:22 PM
I fully understand that Brown sacrificed his journalistic independence for unparalleled access to the team, but this is either a bold-face lie to toe the company line or some of the worst football analysis I've ever read.

T-Long
07-14-2009, 09:23 PM
email him and call him out on it

FlyingDutchman
07-14-2009, 09:31 PM
ill agree that it might be absurd to say we are stocked there, but if you dont think those guys have a chance at possibly beating out the current players to make the roster, I agree theres no point in drafting them

realdealryan
07-14-2009, 09:49 PM
Omg WE ARE STACKED at DE, calm down Op.

OpIv37
07-14-2009, 09:53 PM
ill agree that it might be absurd to say we are stocked there, but if you dont think those guys have a chance at possibly beating out the current players to make the roster, I agree theres no point in drafting them

I could see Ellis or Maybin possibly beating out any of the 3-headed "high motor" monster. But even so, all of the existing DE's are getting old. I honestly don't know enough about the guys in the supplemental draft to know if they're worth sacrificing a 2010 pick, but if they are, the state of the DE's on our roster should not be a deterrent.

TrEd FTW
07-14-2009, 10:20 PM
Thread title says it all.

THATHURMANATOR
07-14-2009, 10:25 PM
Maybe he meant surplus of money tied up in mediocre players? :idunno:

Don't think anyone supplemental DE's are really any better than Kelsey, Denney or Schobel are they? We just drafted a DE 12th overall and one in the 3rd last year.

feldspar
07-14-2009, 11:32 PM
Can only agree with the premise of this thread. We are far from "stacked" at DE. If Chris Brown isn't a moron, then he thinks we are... if he is going to say something like that.

In fact, we are not stacked in any way on either the offensive or defensive lines. These are our biggest weaknesses, or if you prefer, question marks.

Think about it: we are stacked in the secondary, WR, and RB...that's about it. Since it all starts up front, all this talent might go to waste.

Our D-line should be better with the return of Schobel alone...it doesn't matter if you think he is overrated; his return will help. The only other change on the line is Maybin, who is unpolished and will probably play only situationally. Better than last year after week 5, but hardly "stacked" at DE. Warm bodies do not a stack make. We had a pathetic pass rush last year.

With all our talent on offensive, this new o-line had better work. Everyone knows this is the crucial question.

Our lines on both sides of the ball are going to dictate what happens with the Bills this year, barring the usual catastrophic injuries we always seem to have. The lines...and the coaching, especially game-day coaching.

mybills
07-15-2009, 07:16 AM
Just read that in my email and saw the same thing, Op.
My eyebrows tilted toward each other. :gag:

SABURZFAN
07-15-2009, 07:23 AM
i laugh at the clowns who hang onto his every word over at that one message board. i don't know if that's what he does for a living or what but i usually disagree with more of the things he says than agree. i find that more posters (not too many) on this message board have a better idea than he does.

Jan Reimers
07-15-2009, 07:40 AM
Brown probably should have said that we have a surplus of bodies (or players) at DE, including a 3rd round pick last year, a 1st this year, and a guy coming off a major injury. I sort of understand what he is saying, although "surplus of talent" is a little optimistic.

ddaryl
07-15-2009, 08:47 AM
Browns job has nothing to do with journalism. he is a promoter, and his job is to find ways to generate excitement and add to ticket sales..

There are plenty of football fans who do not live and breathe the everyday operations of the football team, and those fans might read this article and use it to justify a ticket purchase....

no reason to get bent about it, but the fact is Chris Brown and word journalism really do not belong in the same sentence...

Jan Reimers
07-15-2009, 08:54 AM
Brown works for the Bills, and thus tries to explain the Bills' point of view on a variety of issues. We can agree or disagree based on that framework.

Yasgur's Farm
07-15-2009, 11:15 AM
The word he used is "stocked" not "stacked"... Those have very different meanings.
I don’t see the Bills participating for a couple of reasons. First, the top prospects (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4319729)are at positions where Buffalo currently has a surplus of talent. Kentucky DE Jeremy Jarmon, Texas Tech DE McKinner Dixon and Kansas St. WR Deon Murphy are at positions where the Bills are pretty well stocked.I agree with him.... We'd be using a 2010 pick on someone who probably wouldn't bring us less production than Denney or Parrish or even Jenkins. it would be tough to decide who doesn't make the team... Purely lateral move at best.

casdhf
07-15-2009, 11:34 AM
I bet Chris Brown gets paid a lot to do what he does. I'd say he's genius.

mybills
07-15-2009, 11:34 AM
The word he used is "stocked" not "stacked"... Those have very different meanings.
No matter how you stack it, more people would buy stock in our CB's & WR's than they would in our DE's. :;

ddaryl
07-15-2009, 12:10 PM
I bet Chris Brown gets paid a lot to do what he does. I'd say he's genius.

I'll double that bet and say he is smart enough to not bite the hand that feeds him as well

like I said above. brown is a promoter not a journalist> maybe a promoter disguised like a journalist, but he is a promoter 1st, and his job is to spin things towards the positive

TedMock
07-15-2009, 12:14 PM
the 3-headed "high motor" monster

I love that. So true.

justasportsfan
07-15-2009, 01:24 PM
I don't think doing your job makes you a moron.

bigbub2352
07-15-2009, 02:04 PM
A perfect example of media brainwash by the media

raphael120
07-15-2009, 04:13 PM
I honestly feel bad for Chris Brown. You think he likes having the Ralph Wilson dog collar on all the time? I'm sure he knows that alot of the stuff he writes is BS. But that's the job he chose so, I'm sure he doesn't mind when he gets that phatty paycheck on Fridays.

You can tell in some of his posts, especially gameday live blogs he does, that when something usually goes wrong, he alludes to it but in a lighthearted way. He plays the optimistic fan persona a lot though, and I know plenty of people on this message board that do the same thing. Working for the Bills, there are so many things he can say about the team that is negative, usually just vaguely referencing things, but thats why I don't get my news from him because he always blows rainbows up our arses. If you want real coverage, I usually come here and read Morans posts and some of the guys on here who have a good knack for breaking down plays and games.

Lexwhat
07-16-2009, 12:01 AM
Can only agree with the premise of this thread. We are far from "stacked" at DE. If Chris Brown isn't a moron, then he thinks we are... if he is going to say something like that.

In fact, we are not stacked in any way on either the offensive or defensive lines. These are our biggest weaknesses, or if you prefer, question marks.

Think about it: we are stacked in the secondary, WR, and RB...that's about it. Since it all starts up front, all this talent might go to waste.

Our D-line should be better with the return of Schobel alone...it doesn't matter if you think he is overrated; his return will help. The only other change on the line is Maybin, who is unpolished and will probably play only situationally. Better than last year after week 5, but hardly "stacked" at DE. Warm bodies do not a stack make. We had a pathetic pass rush last year.

With all our talent on offensive, this new o-line had better work. Everyone knows this is the crucial question.

Our lines on both sides of the ball are going to dictate what happens with the Bills this year, barring the usual catastrophic injuries we always seem to have. The lines...and the coaching, especially game-day coaching.

:10:

Excellent post.

billsfanone
07-16-2009, 09:10 AM
Here is another little gem from him today:
http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2009/07/16/whitner-not-feeling-the-love/

Whitner not feeling the love?
Donte Whitner has been tweeting a lot lately, and apparently the naysayers about his game have the Bills safety not exactly feeling the love.

Don’t know who got under his skin, but it doesn’t look like it’s going to impact Whitner and how he plays all that much.

Ummmm. It's ABSOLUTELY impacting him.

OpIv37
07-16-2009, 10:16 AM

Donte Whitner has been tweeting a lot lately, and apparently the naysayers about his game have the Bills safety not exactly feeling the love.

Don’t know who got under his skin, but it doesn’t look like it’s going to impact Whitner and how he plays all that much.

Ummmm. It's ABSOLUTELY impacting him.

For the record, it wasn't me. I despise Twitter.

ParanoidAndroid
07-16-2009, 10:24 AM
We have enough bodies at the position, that's for sure. I wonder if he would be saying the same thing if someone like Greg Hardy (just for example) made himself available. Somehow, I think his story might be different if there was actually someone there who could push for a starting position.

Lexwhat
07-16-2009, 03:15 PM

:puke:

raphael120
07-16-2009, 04:27 PM
I for one am sick and ****ing tired of Donte playing the "me against the world" card. If you don't like the criticism, don't open yourself up to it so much. You'd think people were doggin on him as much as people dog on T.O.

dude definitely has some kind of self esteem issues if he needs strangers on the internet to give him confidence and satisfaction.