PDA

View Full Version : Sabres 2009-2010 Schedule

BlackMetalNinja
07-15-2009, 02:54 PM
Wow, out for almost an hour already and no discussion, you guys must be pissed off huh?

http://www.nhl.com/ice/schedulebyseason.htm?team=buf

Of interest:

We have home game against Montreal on Thursday 12/3, same night as the Bills "home" game in Toronto vs. the Jets.

We have a 7 game road trip in January which includes the West Coast swing, that's going to be a *****.

Both games down here are late in the year again, not coming until February and March. I think they do this to personally annoy the crap out of me.

Dude
07-15-2009, 03:46 PM
I'm debating trying to go see a game, given the fact that the Sabres aren't trying to win anymore.

Ebenezer
07-15-2009, 04:01 PM
six of the first seven at home and the only non-winable game in there is Detroit...make some hay early boys.

A seven game road trip in January and a five gamer in March?? Holy crap.

And five of the last six on the road?? Who comes up with this crap?

OpIv37
07-15-2009, 04:19 PM
ass- they're in DC the day before Thanksgiving and two days before Christmas. That's going to complicate things.

Nighthawk
07-15-2009, 04:54 PM
There's not much interest because nobody (or should I say, very few fans) actually like this roster. I've never seen a disdain for a group of players in all my years of following the Sabres. Honestly, this organization is one of the dumbest operations out there.

Ebenezer
07-15-2009, 05:00 PM
There's not much interest because nobody (or should I say, very few fans) actually like this roster. I've never seen a disdain for a group of players in all my years of following the Sabres. Honestly, this organization is one of the dumbest operations out there.
DR and LR are not dumb...they have been to the conference finals four times and the stanley cup once...they are playing the bad hands they were dealt.

Nighthawk
07-15-2009, 05:07 PM
DR and LR are not dumb...they have been to the conference finals four times and the stanley cup once...they are playing the bad hands they were dealt.

No, they're dumb. You can't have it both ways. They're not cheap...they spend money, they just have no idea how to build and maintain a championship team. That makes them dumb as a box of rocks!

Ebenezer
07-15-2009, 05:14 PM
No, they're dumb. You can't have it both ways. They're not cheap...they spend money, they just have no idea how to build and maintain a championship team. That makes them dumb as a box of rocks!
bad decisions not withdstanding, when they have been able to do as they please they have been successful. two years ago you wouldnt have argued with the success...their hands are tied. Lindy with ownership that cared is an instant SC winner.

Nighthawk
07-15-2009, 05:58 PM
bad decisions not withdstanding, when they have been able to do as they please they have been successful. two years ago you wouldnt have argued with the success...their hands are tied. Lindy with ownership that cared is an instant SC winner.

I think you're looking into it way too much. What we have are a bunch of guys who think they know what they're doing because they had some success, mixed in with a lot of luck after the lockout. Now they think they're smart and they're not. I really believe it is stubborness that is killing this franchise...not penny pinching.

OpIv37
07-15-2009, 06:03 PM

I wouldn't call it disdain as much as I'd call it apathy. Miller's the only thing close to a star on the team, there's no true enforcer and all the "scorers" are streaky at best. This roster just doesn't excite anyone. They've proven themselves to be bland time and time again.

OpIv37
07-15-2009, 06:03 PM
six of the first seven at home and the only non-winable game in there is Detroit...make some hay early boys.

A seven game road trip in January and a five gamer in March?? Holy crap.

And five of the last six on the road?? Who comes up with this crap?

didn't they make some hay early last year? Where did that get us?

Ebenezer
07-15-2009, 06:08 PM
better than if they came out of the gate 1-5.

OpIv37
07-15-2009, 06:17 PM
true- I'm just saying that a good start is no guarantee of anything.

Michael82
07-15-2009, 06:47 PM
I am still in shock that the following players are still on the team....

Jochen Hecht
Henrik Tallinder

:sigh:

JD
07-15-2009, 07:01 PM
I'll only buy tickets if someone is personally selling them. I won't give any more money to these idiots. I'll eat my own ****in' popcorn in the lot and get hammered.

JD
07-15-2009, 07:04 PM

Come on Eb. Can't you see they lucked out after the lock out? Their style of play was geared towards the new playing style. They didn't plan that. As years have gone on, the rules have been bent more and more. What happened? Our team seems to suck, more and more.

If there were no rule changes after the lockout, I can guarantee we wouldn't have made it that far in either year.

Philagape
07-15-2009, 08:50 PM
You think the Sabres have it bad...... The Canucks have a 14-game road trip because of the Olympics

THATHURMANATOR
07-15-2009, 10:45 PM
I wouldn't call it disdain as much as I'd call it apathy. Miller's the only thing close to a star on the team, there's no true enforcer and all the "scorers" are streaky at best. This roster just doesn't excite anyone. They've proven themselves to be bland time and time again.
Vanek is also a multi time 40 goal scorer as well.

THATHURMANATOR
07-15-2009, 10:55 PM
I am with you guys finally in the fact that I am not happy some moves werent made. I don't care about Free Agency at all as it has been proven to not be the way to build teams. I am a little annoyed they haven't made any deals though. It is possible that just no one wants our trash I suppose. You can't just cut guys like Hecht and Tallinder who make close to 3 mil each a year as their salaries are guaranteed.

That being said if Miller and Vanek don't get injured for extensive periods of time like last year they will probably make the playoffs this season. OP No need to chime in about that not being good enough I GET IT.

I am excited to see young guys like Kennedy, Myers, Gerbe, and Weber get a shot too. I loved what I saw out of Butler last year as well.

Reiger gets too much of the blame but he isn't perfect. It is obvious he is somewhat tied on what he can do but he moves to slowly most of the time.

Ruff is just a flat out good coach IMO. He bares none of the blame to me and should be our coach as long as he wants to.

So as always I am optimistic as it is just my nature and I can't wait for the hockey season to get under way. Who knows maybe a trade will still be made.

I would love to unload Tallinder and Hecht for anything we could get. SIGN DEREK MORRIS. The team has tried to trade for him like 4 times already and there he is just sitting there unsigned...

rbochan
07-16-2009, 07:25 AM
No ical format yet.
:cgal:

SabreEleven
07-16-2009, 12:48 PM
They made hay early last year also...How did that turn out? They need to make hay consistently through out the year...Not take 10-15 games off.

JD
07-16-2009, 06:38 PM
So what is that.. like 29 of 45 games are away to end the season? Holy ****. AND a 4 of 5 away stand to close out the regular season :rofl:

Shafted by the hockey gods again ARGHH!!

JD
07-16-2009, 06:47 PM
You think the Sabres have it bad...... The Canucks have a 14-game road trip because of the Olympics

Split up though I'd assume?

JD
07-16-2009, 06:50 PM
I am with you guys finally in the fact that I am not happy some moves werent made. I don't care about Free Agency at all as it has been proven to not be the way to build teams. I am a little annoyed they haven't made any deals though. It is possible that just no one wants our trash I suppose. You can't just cut guys like Hecht and Tallinder who make close to 3 mil each a year as their salaries are guaranteed.

That being said if Miller and Vanek don't get injured for extensive periods of time like last year they will probably make the playoffs this season. OP No need to chime in about that not being good enough I GET IT.

I am excited to see young guys like Kennedy, Myers, Gerbe, and Weber get a shot too. I loved what I saw out of Butler last year as well.

Reiger gets too much of the blame but he isn't perfect. It is obvious he is somewhat tied on what he can do but he moves to slowly most of the time.

Ruff is just a flat out good coach IMO. He bares none of the blame to me and should be our coach as long as he wants to.

So as always I am optimistic as it is just my nature and I can't wait for the hockey season to get under way. Who knows maybe a trade will still be made.

I would love to unload Tallinder and Hecht for anything we could get. SIGN DEREK MORRIS. The team has tried to trade for him like 4 times already and there he is just sitting there unsigned...

Personally, I think the young guns need some time up in the big leagues. They're the ones consistently playing 110% night in and night out because they don't have a guaranteed spot on the roster. So, as messed up as it may seem to sound, I welcome injuries to players like Hecht/Tallinder.