• Show
Clear All
  • Philagape
    WIN NOW
    • Jul 2002

Travis Henry gets 3 years in prison

Ex-NFL player gets 3 years in cocaine case

By MATTHEW BROWN
    BILLINGS, Mont. (AP) — A federal judge Wednesday sentenced former NFL player Travis Henry to three years in prison for financing a drug trafficking operation that moved cocaine between Colorado and Montana.

Henry, 30, of Frostproof, Fla., was arrested by federal drug agents last October — just a few months after the running back's release from the Denver Broncos.

He pleaded guilty in April to a single count of trafficking cocaine. In handing down Wednesday's sentence, U.S. District Judge Richard Cebull in Billings also gave Henry five years of probation upon his release and recommended he enter a 500-hour drug treatment program.
    "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
    2004 BZ Big Money League Champion
  • THE END OF ALL DAYS
    The Allen Era has begun.... no looking back now, come hell or high water!
    • Feb 2005

Re: Travis Henry gets 3 years in prison

why do people throw away such a great life ? NFL running back... pretty much a Dream Job. But lets go sell drugs... thats a good idea
    In my day we did not have self-esteem... we had self-respect, and no more of it then we earned.

Comment

• imbondz
      Democrats are people too
      • Jan 2003

cause he's trying to support 9 kids from 9 different women
      My faith doesn’t make me perfect, it makes me forgiven.

Comment

• kelly2reed4six
        • Dec 2008

Dang....sounds like Travis should have hired Donte Stallworth's lawyer! He would have gotten like 3 days.

Comment

• ServoBillieves
          The Voice of Reason
          • Jul 2007

Wow... Jae is 100% correct.

"Hmm, he commited manslaughter while drunk, that's OK, 24 days in prison... Travis, you're feeding worthless nobodies with drugs, EVIL! 3 YEARS!"

God Bless our judicial system!
          Bye Bye Brady...

Comment

• Dying_-2-_Live
            • Feb 2009

Travis Deserves every minute of his time in Jail. However, Stallworth should be bubba's playmate for atleast a year longer. MAkes me sick
            "If you ain't first... You're last"

Comment

• Jan Reimers
              Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
              • May 2003

Originally posted by keithtr
              why do people throw away such a great life ? NFL running back... pretty much a Dream Job. But lets go sell drugs... thats a good idea
              He actually threw away his career by doing drugs and alcohol, and lacking commitment to his job. He tried to restore his resulting financial losses by selling drugs.
              Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• Night Train
                Retired - On Several Levels
                • Jul 2005

I still waiting for someone to post..

" He's a UFA ? Why haven't we signed this guy !! "
                Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• Pinkerton Security
                  Pinkerton's son
                  • Feb 2006

Originally posted by jae1986
                  Dang....sounds like Travis should have hired Donte Stallworth's lawyer! He would have gotten like 3 days.
                  no, we take drugs much more seriously than killing someone while drunk....wait, that doesnt quite seem right...

Comment

• northernbillfan
                    Hello, I'm Mike and I'm a Bills fan.

Administrator Emeritus
                    • Jul 2002

What I don't understnad is how these "kids" don't learn from NFL rookie camp. That's where they go for a couple of weeks to learn how to stay clean as a pro athlete. One of the biggest things they teach these kids is to forget everyone they knew growing up. They'll only bring you down.

Looks like Travis is just another statistic. I hope he learns his lesson and can teach future rookies how not to throw away a golden gift.
                    When I die, please don't let my wife sell my camera equipment for what I told her I paid for it.

Comment

• trapezeus
                      Legendary Zoner
                      • Oct 2004

NBF, you are still talking to kids who are enamored with a very material life. and no one can tell them what to do with their money, because it's theirs. that's the mentality that you get.

You'd figure they'd be about saving up because, especially for a RB, the medical bills in their late 30's early 40's starts building up.

Comment

• Bill Cody
                        • Sep 2004

Originally posted by imbondz
                        cause he's trying to support 9 kids from 9 different women
                        He's fathered a bunch of kids, not sure how many, he probably isn't either. Trying to support them? I'd like to see some evidence of that because I don't think there is any. THen is a couple brain cells above plankton and obviously no morals.

If we had a full speed McGahee starting the first 5 games of 2002 instead of a half speed, "I'm mad because you drafted Willis" THen we would have gone 11-5, 12-4 instead of 9-7. Enjoy your cell with Bubba THen. Loser.

Comment

• ServoBillieves
                          The Voice of Reason
                          • Jul 2007

Originally posted by Night Train
                          I still waiting for someone to post..

" He's a UFA ? Why haven't we signed this guy !! "
                          ... BRING HIM IN!?
                          Bye Bye Brady...

Comment

• Typ0
                            honey pie
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by northernbillfan
                            What I don't understnad is how these "kids" don't learn from NFL rookie camp. That's where they go for a couple of weeks to learn how to stay clean as a pro athlete. One of the biggest things they teach these kids is to forget everyone they knew growing up. They'll only bring you down.

Looks like Travis is just another statistic. I hope he learns his lesson and can teach future rookies how not to throw away a golden gift.

You probably hit the nail on the head a bit here and your expectations are too high. Two weeks getting pummelled with propoganda is not going to turn around 20 years of learning they've already done. Sure, it can be helpful in some maybe even many cases but to expect the process to turn everyone around isn't realistic and a lot of these guys have very tough childhoods. TH probably learned making babies and selling drugs by the time he was six.

Comment

Working...
                            X