PDA

View Full Version : Travis Henry gets 3 years in prison

Philagape
07-15-2009, 06:45 PM
Ex-NFL player gets 3 years in cocaine case

By MATTHEW BROWN
BILLINGS, Mont. (AP) — A federal judge Wednesday sentenced former NFL player Travis Henry to three years in prison for financing a drug trafficking operation that moved cocaine between Colorado and Montana.

Henry, 30, of Frostproof, Fla., was arrested by federal drug agents last October — just a few months after the running back's release from the Denver Broncos.

He pleaded guilty in April to a single count of trafficking cocaine. In handing down Wednesday's sentence, U.S. District Judge Richard Cebull in Billings also gave Henry five years of probation upon his release and recommended he enter a 500-hour drug treatment program.
http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5iBSe0RJCQKpB7DF_qbHy1k2r2l_gD99F54P80

THE END OF ALL DAYS
07-15-2009, 06:57 PM
why do people throw away such a great life ? NFL running back... pretty much a Dream Job. But lets go sell drugs... thats a good idea

imbondz
07-15-2009, 08:31 PM
cause he's trying to support 9 kids from 9 different women

kelly2reed4six
07-15-2009, 08:35 PM
Dang....sounds like Travis should have hired Donte Stallworth's lawyer! He would have gotten like 3 days.

ServoBillieves
07-15-2009, 10:11 PM
Wow... Jae is 100% correct.

"Hmm, he commited manslaughter while drunk, that's OK, 24 days in prison... Travis, you're feeding worthless nobodies with drugs, EVIL! 3 YEARS!"

God Bless our judicial system!

Dying_-2-_Live
07-16-2009, 03:24 AM
Travis Deserves every minute of his time in Jail. However, Stallworth should be bubba's playmate for atleast a year longer. MAkes me sick

Jan Reimers
07-16-2009, 07:15 AM
why do people throw away such a great life ? NFL running back... pretty much a Dream Job. But lets go sell drugs... thats a good idea
He actually threw away his career by doing drugs and alcohol, and lacking commitment to his job. He tried to restore his resulting financial losses by selling drugs.

Night Train
07-16-2009, 07:29 AM
I still waiting for someone to post..

" He's a UFA ? Why haven't we signed this guy !! "

Pinkerton Security
07-16-2009, 08:24 AM
Dang....sounds like Travis should have hired Donte Stallworth's lawyer! He would have gotten like 3 days.

no, we take drugs much more seriously than killing someone while drunk....wait, that doesnt quite seem right...

northernbillfan
07-16-2009, 08:33 AM
What I don't understnad is how these "kids" don't learn from NFL rookie camp. That's where they go for a couple of weeks to learn how to stay clean as a pro athlete. One of the biggest things they teach these kids is to forget everyone they knew growing up. They'll only bring you down.

Looks like Travis is just another statistic. I hope he learns his lesson and can teach future rookies how not to throw away a golden gift.

trapezeus
07-16-2009, 09:13 AM
NBF, you are still talking to kids who are enamored with a very material life. and no one can tell them what to do with their money, because it's theirs. that's the mentality that you get.

You'd figure they'd be about saving up because, especially for a RB, the medical bills in their late 30's early 40's starts building up.

Bill Cody
07-16-2009, 10:37 AM
cause he's trying to support 9 kids from 9 different women

He's fathered a bunch of kids, not sure how many, he probably isn't either. Trying to support them? I'd like to see some evidence of that because I don't think there is any. THen is a couple brain cells above plankton and obviously no morals.

If we had a full speed McGahee starting the first 5 games of 2002 instead of a half speed, "I'm mad because you drafted Willis" THen we would have gone 11-5, 12-4 instead of 9-7. Enjoy your cell with Bubba THen. Loser.

ServoBillieves
07-17-2009, 12:21 PM
I still waiting for someone to post..

" He's a UFA ? Why haven't we signed this guy !! "

... BRING HIM IN!?

Typ0
07-17-2009, 12:26 PM
What I don't understnad is how these "kids" don't learn from NFL rookie camp. That's where they go for a couple of weeks to learn how to stay clean as a pro athlete. One of the biggest things they teach these kids is to forget everyone they knew growing up. They'll only bring you down.

Looks like Travis is just another statistic. I hope he learns his lesson and can teach future rookies how not to throw away a golden gift.

You probably hit the nail on the head a bit here and your expectations are too high. Two weeks getting pummelled with propoganda is not going to turn around 20 years of learning they've already done. Sure, it can be helpful in some maybe even many cases but to expect the process to turn everyone around isn't realistic and a lot of these guys have very tough childhoods. TH probably learned making babies and selling drugs by the time he was six.