PDA

View Full Version : Shanahan says he wants to coach again...

Ebenezer
07-19-2009, 11:04 PM
IF DJ falls flat this year how much would you pay to get Shanny here next season?

Michael82
07-20-2009, 12:12 AM
Whatever it takes!

SabreEleven
07-20-2009, 12:15 AM
Ralph won't shell out the bucks.

chernobylwraiths
07-20-2009, 06:30 AM
Shanahan won with John Elway at QB and Terrell Davis at RB. Was he really that great of a HC?

Don't get me wrong, he is 1000 times better than Jauron, but I don't know if he is one of the greatest head coaches ever and deserves the kind of money thrown at what are perceived as great coaches.

Forward_Lateral
07-20-2009, 07:06 AM
Shanahan and his running scheme would fit perfectly in Buffalo.

madness
07-20-2009, 08:07 AM
I'll pay to send a 5 course meal to Africa! Mikey, start packing your bags.

Whatever it takes!

That's the spirit!

FlyingDutchman
07-20-2009, 08:19 AM
I want Marty Shottenhiemer

Jan Reimers
07-20-2009, 08:39 AM
He has a big ego and wants to win. That doesn't fit our timid, 7-9 style.

Mr. Pink
07-20-2009, 09:06 AM
Shanny rode Reeves coattails to titles.

After the Reeves influence waned in Denver, Shanny didn't do much of anything different than Jauron.

And to those who think his run blocking scheme would be a welcome addition? You must also welcome the fact we'll be rebuilding our O-line for another 5 years to get guys who fit the system!

Owen DeBoard
07-20-2009, 09:34 AM
Shanahan also likes to have power to make the major decisions. Didnt he have the gm role in Denver also? If thats the case he would be a fit here because im sure he knows more than Russ.

trapezeus
07-20-2009, 09:51 AM
that dual Coach/GM thing doesn't seem to work as much as theguys who have those titles and make that money want you to believe.

I don't know how i feel about Shannahan specifically. between DJ and MS, hands down MS.

I was watching some youtube classic bills games yesterday, and one amazing thing is how much the field was open during the kelly years. The run plays had gaping wide holes that KD and TT ran through. the 5 receiver sets had totally openned up the field.

We need a coach who can game plan like that and really open the field up.

Nighthawk
07-20-2009, 12:11 PM
I'd love to have him...any coach that knows what they are doing and actually had some success in the NFL would be a welcome change!

Mike13
07-20-2009, 12:21 PM
IF DJ falls flat this year how much would you pay to get Shanny here next season?

dont you mean when he falls flat?

Ebenezer
07-20-2009, 12:25 PM
dont you mean when he falls flat?
hey...training camp has not started yet...it is still ok to fantasize.

casdhf
07-20-2009, 03:20 PM
I'd rather have Cowher.

Buffalogic
07-20-2009, 05:55 PM
I'd rather just win now instead of fantasizing about a dream coach next year..

Nighthawk
07-20-2009, 06:23 PM
I'd rather just win now instead of fantasizing about a dream coach next year..

This is true, but you also have to prepare yourself as a fan for the typical crap from Dickey.

Crisis
07-20-2009, 07:41 PM
isn't shanahan the one person jauron actually outcoached last year?

Hemlepp53
07-20-2009, 07:43 PM
Someone call the movers... I'd love it.. its what we need... Even if DJ pulls off a good season we need to review whos out there and what they want. We need a coach and team for the future... DJ is not the future...

X-Era
07-21-2009, 06:32 AM
Someone call the movers... I'd love it.. its what we need... Even if DJ pulls off a good season we need to review whos out there and what they want. We need a coach and team for the future... DJ is not the future...
At this point, it looks like most, if not all, of these guys will be available in the next offseason:

Bill Cowher
Mike Holmgren
Marty Shott
Mike Shan
John Gruden
Jim Haslett
Denny Green
Jim Fassel
Brian Billick

Thats a good list.

Mike
07-21-2009, 04:25 PM
How do you see each coach?
Bill Cowher: Won SB finally after drafting Big Ben... has had good teams for the past 15 years. His teams tend to be hard nosed, defence/run first, etc...i would not consider him a Great Coash (like Walsh or Belicheck) he is a notch bellow them in terms of ability. He excells at motivating his teams and getting hard nose play from them.
Mike Holmgren: Great at West Coast Offense, and good at putting together a winning team with exceptional talent. Won SB with Farve and co. Has created Dominant Teams.... on par with Cowher.
Marty Shott: He is all about the Run game... marty ball, has been blamed in the past for not being able to get his teams over the hump. Conservative old school coach.
Mike Shan: Innovative, creative offesive genius. he is great at drafting offense and putting together a an offensive attack both passing and running. He has had historical weaknesses in the defensive department. Even when his teams won a SB they on avarged they allowed nearly 5yrd/carry to opposing backs throughtout the season.
John Gruden: Great with QB's and wide open offenses. Can be domminat pass first, suffocating offense like he had in Oakland. Perfers vetrent and building via FA. Drafts ok.
Jim Haslett: Good defensive coash with a buffalo connection. Average to good coach, nothing really special.
Denny Green: Great talent eveluator and drafter. He had amazing drafts in both Minnisotta and Arizona. His 15-1 Vikings team allmost went to the SB, and last years Arizona Teams was mostly drafted by him. I would love him as a GM.
Jim Fassel: Good, coach who got many of his NYG teams to overachieve. Not a great game planner or talent evaluator. Very simmilar to DJ.
Brian Billick: Was Denny greens O-Cord during their 15-1 run... then got the job at Baltimore and won a SB on their defense. Not a great Talent evaluator and struggled in building an offense in Baltimore.

My first choice is Shanny, then Cower, then Holgrem, then Shott, then Denny Green.... in that order...

BillsWin
07-21-2009, 05:36 PM
Its all about the Cowher Power...

baalworship
07-22-2009, 11:45 AM
I want Gruden. The guy kicks ass and look what he did for Oakland...ever since he left they fell apart.