X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • madness
    • Apr 2003

SAY WHAT? Top 25 Miami Dolphins quotes of all time

19. "It's just the people in Buffalo — you have to understand that they're a whole different breed of people, a whole different breed of species." — Bryan Cox in 1993 on why he flipped his middle finger to the Buffalo crowd upon being introduced

There's some good ones on here. Man, I hope nobody ever does this for the Bills.

24. "Do you want to be safe and good, or do you want to take a chance and be great?" — Jimmy Johnson after drafting Daryl Gardener in 1996

22. "With Larry Shannon coming to our football team, by the way, he's probably a step faster than Randy Moss. So he's bigger, he's taller, he's faster." — Jimmy Johnson after passing on Moss in the 1998 draft

15. "You're missing an earring." — Don Shula, when tight end Marv Fleming brandished a new earring at training camp in 1972 and asked Shula what he thought of it

14. "We liked a couple of those receivers up there, but we didn't feel there was a guy that was going to come in and make more of a contribution than a linebacker." — Dave Wannstedt, on why he chose Eddie Moore over Anquan Boldin in the 2003 draft

13. "Dammit! How many times have I told you?" — Jimmy Johnson, throwing a portable television at offensive coordinator Gary Stevens on the flight back from the New England playoff loss in 1997 after watching the video and seeing the Patriots had stolen the Dolphins' calls (from former scouting director Bob Ackles' autobiography, The Water Boy)

10. "We all figured we had it made — that these tall, beautiful women were going home with us. Then, all of a sudden, one of the fellows stood up, pointed at one of them and yelled, 'She's got a Johnson!' After that, we pretty much tore the place up. The cops were called, and it was a big incident. Apparently the club had signed up a bunch of female impersonators to work the room, but hey, it was 1972. None of us knew what a drag queen was." — Larry Csonka on a party in New Orleans in the days before Super Bowl VI

9. "My track record in picking people in business has been great. My track record in sports? Ehhh." — H. Wayne Huizenga in hoping he picked right with Cam Cameron and Randy Mueller in 2007

7. "Well, then I guess I have to say it: I'm not going to be the Alabama coach." — Nick Saban a few weeks before taking the Alabama job after the 2006 season

3. "Now when I go to the bathroom I find out who my friends are." — Jake Scott after both broken hands were in casts following the 1972 season

2. "You can't make chicken salad out of chicken s---. Name me a great player we have besides Danny. You can't. We were No. 2 in the passing game. No. 2 in the passing game! How did we do it? With our players, you tell me, how did we do it? We have to throw. We couldn't run. And do we have a great running back? No." — offensive coordinator Gary Stevens after losing in the 1997 playoffs

• Mike13
    • Aug 2005

Re: SAY WHAT? Top 25 Miami Dolphins quotes of all time

funny stuff

What can Trent Green do that Jay can't? He's not as good an athlete. Jay will make every throw. [Green] played this year, and I don't think really helped his stock much." — Dave Wannstedt, on why he liked quarterback Jay Fiedler over the available Trent Green in January 2001
    Thats right up there with "We only need to win 2 out of or next 3 games to make the playoffs"

God I really hope that ****** trips and falls of a cliff.

Comment

Working...
    X