PDA

View Full Version : One thing is for sure, Langston Walker will TRY harder then Peters Did!

yordad
07-20-2009, 11:29 PM
Is it possible this could be an upgrade?

Romes
07-20-2009, 11:33 PM
Over the 2008 version of Peters I think its very likely. Over the 2007 or even the 2009 I really doubt it.

Yasgur's Farm
07-21-2009, 06:55 AM
The 2009 version would have been the same as the 2008 version... Good riddance to him... Thanks for Eric Wood and Shawn Nelson and the pick in 2010.

ddaryl
07-21-2009, 07:37 AM
Over the 2008 version of Peters I think its very likely. Over the 2007 or even the 2009 I really doubt it.

????

the 2008 version is the only version the Bills would see from 2008 on... he had no desire to play here, and everyone here knows this.

His sole inspiration for playing in Buffalo was to be overpaid to do so, and for that reason I will be looking forward to seeing Peters fail miserably...

trapezeus
07-21-2009, 08:28 AM
i get the sense that walker is a stopgap for the season. one interview with walker earlier during the offseason was less than exciting. he essentially said, "i'll do what i'm told." he didn't exactly jump up and down to take on the role.

yordad
07-21-2009, 08:35 AM
Seriously, Walker gets fired up out there. Sometimes he looks like a puncher who just took a wakeup call to the mouth. Peters looked like he was going to fall asleep at times.

We got Butler saying things like "Where they think I can help the most is where I will be happy to give it my all".

I just think these guys are more internally motivated now. Wait another year and they will both demand extentions, LOL.

justasportsfan
07-21-2009, 08:54 AM
Should be interesting to watch both Walker and Peters this season.

Mahdi
07-21-2009, 08:59 AM
Is it possible this could be an upgrade?
Walker can easily be a top LT in the NFL. He has good athleticism for his size, very long arms which after athleticism is the most important trait of a solid OT and he is also pretty strong.

Marcus McNeill, Max Starks and Jared Gaither have all succeeded as massive LTs because they have their own particular set of skills that they use to their advantage...

I dont see why Walker can't do the same especially considering he has allowed something like 3 sacks in 2 years at RT for the Bills. And these days there are almost as many pass rushers coming off the right side as the left.

Jan Reimers
07-21-2009, 09:01 AM
A stump would try harder than Peters.

Romes
07-21-2009, 09:33 AM
????

the 2008 version is the only version the Bills would see from 2008 on... he had no desire to play here, and everyone here knows this.

His sole inspiration for playing in Buffalo was to be overpaid to do so, and for that reason I will be looking forward to seeing Peters fail miserably...

Right, agreed with you and Draz the 2009 version in Buffalo would have caused all the same headaches of the 2008 and not been worth it.

Just saying I wouldn't be at all surprised if Peters returns to real Pro Bowl form in Philadelphia and overall play better than Walker. Not that the Bills had a chance to regain that form from him.

HHURRICANE
07-21-2009, 09:47 AM
If Jason Peters was signed to a new deal right now all of you would be talking playoffs.

So to sit here and trash a guy that had an obvious contract gripe (even the Bills recognized it) is somewhat ridiculous.

TacklingDummy
07-21-2009, 09:52 AM
If Jason Peters was signed to a new deal right now all of you would be talking playoffs.

How Trent plays and the pass rush will have more to do with how this season plays out compared to the Walker/Peters thing.

Jason Peters wasn't taking the Bills to the playoffs.

WeAreArthurMoates
07-21-2009, 09:55 AM
<HR style="COLOR: #f3f3ff" SIZE=1> <!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->If Jason Peters was signed to a new deal right now all of you would be talking playoffs.

So to sit here and trash a guy that had an obvious contract gripe (even the Bills recognized it) is somewhat ridiculous.

Well I'm still talking playoffs with Lang there so that doesn't coincide with me. Obviously Peters is the better tackle but Wood is my favorite draft pick this decade, so it helped ease the blow.

justasportsfan
07-21-2009, 11:12 AM

I was all for keeping Peters but I wouldn't be talking playoffs so shut it.

I would be talking sb.
:snicker:

JD
07-21-2009, 12:17 PM
Did walker take Peters position for those first two games last season? I recall maybe one sack coming from that side.. then Peters went on to give up the most sacks in the league.

So yeah, it will be an upgrade.

jonespostman
07-21-2009, 04:10 PM
I wouldn't trash him, just that wonderful attitude!

Yasgur's Farm
07-21-2009, 06:50 PM

So to sit here and trash a guy that had an obvious contract gripe (even the Bills recognized it) is somewhat ridiculous.Simply evaluating his 2008 season, evaluating why he played as poorly as he did, and speculating we'd get more of the same in 2009 is not synonymous with trashing... Unless of course your view is to trash the Bills. Afterall... Isn't that what you do?

Philagape
07-21-2009, 09:20 PM

Someone who admitted he didn't give his best on the field deserves an eternity of trashing. That makes him a world-class scumbag, no matter what his gripe was.

yordad
07-21-2009, 09:45 PM
Obviously Peters is the better tackle but Wood is my favorite draft pick this decade, so it helped ease the blow.There is a pun in there somewhere, I just know it.

Hemlepp53
07-21-2009, 09:53 PM
Jason Peters wasn't taking the Bills to the playoffs.

Couldn't agree more. We will be a better team without him in the long haul.

Typ0
07-21-2009, 10:28 PM
nothing against the guy but it was a bad situation for both sides and I'm glad we parted ways with him it's for the better.