PDA

View Full Version : 4: Will the Bills make the playoffs?

madness
07-21-2009, 10:53 AM
4: Will the Bills make the playoffs? (http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-3/4-will-the-bills-make-the-playoffs/c03e91ce-2bf6-48f8-95a1-a27bbb2527da)
The goal of reaching the postseason has become more pressing than ever as the Bills close in on a decade of playoff futility in 2009. Last season appeared as though it would be a breakthrough season with a weak strength of schedule coupled with a fast 5-1 start. However, a postseason berth still managed to elude them thanks mainly to an unfortunate second half slide.
http://www.billszone.com/mt/images/newsicons/bills.gif buffalobills.com/Chris Brown | Posted at 11:15 AM

Typ0
07-23-2009, 12:36 AM
It's all about winning SB.

Preacher
07-23-2009, 01:26 AM
Well, you have to ask the question in two ways.

1. Within the division. You have the Pats, the Fins, and the Jets. The pats are going to be interesting. Brady being back may give them a good offense, but who knows how that knee holds up. However, that pass defense is a whole different issue.

Were the fins lucky last year? Maybe, maybe not. It does seem that they were somewhat dependent on slight of hand with the wildcat.

Don't have much hope for the Jets this year. SO yeah, they have a chance. But they are fighting with both the Pats and Fins.

2. Wild Card.

AFCN. Clowns are rebuilding . . again. Bengals, well, its the bungles for a reason. Ravens are in a HORRID position for WR and CB's are not impressive. They will have 4 easy wins in the AFCN, plus a somewhat easy schedule. However, that also means that the Pats, Colts, and Ravens get to beat up on each other. I still see the Steelers as the class of the AFCN.

AFCS. I do not see the Titans being as strong as they were. However, what will the Colts do?

AFCW... blah. San diego gets it, and chokes.

That leaves for the Wild card, IMO, the Titans, Bills, Fins, and the Ravens, maybe the jags. Of those 4-5, which two make it? I think the fins lose out against the Bills. Ravens lose out because they have to play the Steelers twice, and also the Pats and Colts, which is at least four losses right there. The questions will be the Titans and the Jags.

I think the Bills have to steal a game or two to make the playoffs. However, I think it can be done.

Then again, I haven't looked at your schedule in a while.

thunderofhooves
07-23-2009, 02:56 AM
It will be tough because of the division we play in. Having said that I think the Jets will be better than expected and the Fish worse.

We could end up with a winning season and still miss out.

AFCN - Bengals missed Palmer last year so I expect them to push the Ravens for the second spot.

AFCS - Dark horse will be the Texans.

AFCW - Terrible division.

Wild card between Bill, Bengals Ravens, Texans and Titans.

As we play the AFC South this year those games will probably help decide if we make the play offs.
We also play the NFC South.

yordad
07-23-2009, 07:05 AM
I thought that would be the number "1." question. :idunno: