PDA

View Full Version : 5 Pre-Training Camp Bills Predictions

BlackMetalNinja
07-22-2009, 08:42 AM
Devin (Rockstar36) has posted 5 bold predictions for the upcoming Buffalo Bills season as we get ready to head into training camp later this week over at our site. Let us know what you think? I personally think they are mostly attainable, but I'm not so sold on the resurgence of Aaron Schoebel.

http://www.dandssports.com/2009/07/five-pre-training-camp-predictions-for.html

nateodoms'bff
07-22-2009, 09:21 AM
Not bad.

I think the biggest question marl of all is still the O-Line. If that experiment fails, then nothing will work.

I'm not concerned with the defense. Sure more sacks would be nice, but pressure is whats important, forcing the opposing QB to make mistakes is essential.

With Byrd, McKelvin, and McGee hawking balls, just a bit more pressure could make this defense dangerous. Adding Maybin is a step in the right direction , and using the 5 man front to create mismatches on the line (including Maybin rushing over the middle) is the key to this defense stopping the run, which was the main problem the Bills had last season. People seem to forget that.

As for Lynch, I agree 100%. I love him, but I'm starting to think that he really needs a nice compliment in the backfield. I'm glad they signed Fred Jackson, I love his toughness, he has great hands, and can move the pile. I wish he had more breakout speed though. I'm not saying he is slow, but he lacks that esplosiveness that could make him truly great. The article is accurate that if Lynch doesn't average 86 yards per game, then its time to look at HIM as the compliment, and bring in a better feature back. And that doesn't make Lynch a bus either, it just means he is not the player that everyone thought he would be (i.e. Steven Jackson).

I'm pumped for training cap. I think this is going to be one of the better Bills seasons in a long time. People forget that Dick Jauron can coach, and has won games before. I'm not saying he is the second coming, but the man can coach. There are some question marks for sure with this team, but I think they will be competitive. New England is goin to begin there decline this year, the Dolphins could be a one trick pony, and the Jets have no offense, and a defense full of highlight players, who don't play with heart. I think the division is the Bills for the taking if they play tough and smart, and execute.

Go Bills!

justasportsfan
07-22-2009, 04:00 PM
My camp preditction... Mikey :z: