• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ServoBillieves
    The Voice of Reason
    • Jul 2007

Oh T.O... Why must you stir the pot?

Anyone who follows T.O. on twitter was awakened by this this morning.

terrellowens81: I WANT ALL THT FOLLOW ME 2 THINK ABOUT THIS 4 A SEC...I'M GLAD I DIDN'T, HVN'T & WOULD "NEVER" ASSAULT ANY1. HOW BOUT THAT 4 "SCRIPTED?"
    The guys at ESPN who masturbate to his page will be all over this if they decide to point it out, I bet Jim Rome is salivating. If it wasn't obvious, it was about soon to be fellow reality show persona Ben Roethlisberger.
    Bye Bye Brady...
  • Hemlepp53
    • Jul 2004

Re: Oh T.O... Why must you stir the pot?

hmmmm... the 8th wonder of the world can say anything he wants as long as he pulls in 10 plus TD
    @Hemlepp53

Comment

• Commissioner
      • Dec 2004

T.O. has a point. ESPN constantly bashes and makes jokes about him, but you don't see him getting in fights at strip clubs, getting DWI's, sexually assaulting women, or breaking the law like plenty of other guys do.

ESPN refuses to even report on Roethlisberger.
      Last edited by Commissioner; 07-22-2009, 11:29 AM.
      Draft Gabbert at #3!

Comment

• Bling
        • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Commissioner
        T.O. has a point. ESPN constantly bashes and makes jokes about him, but you don't see him getting in fights at strip clubs, getting DWI's, sexually assaulting women, or breaking the law like plenty of other guys do.

ESPN refuses to even report on Roethlisberger.
        You're a Bills fan, and I can see how you're making bad judgement. One, you can prove that TO is being a hassle and a pain. The other, you got a known good person getting accused of a huge crime. Until there's more details, ESPN should use its journalistic integrity, and not report this.

Comment

• chernobylwraiths
          • Jan 2003

Originally posted by Bling
          You're a Bills fan, and I can see how you're making bad judgement. One, you can prove that TO is being a hassle and a pain. The other, you got a known good person getting accused of a huge crime. Until there's more details, ESPN should use its journalistic integrity, and not report this.
          Usually, if it is a story, it is reported.

How do we know that he is a known good person?

Comment

• Bling
            • Jul 2004

Originally posted by chernobylwraiths
            Usually, if it is a story, it is reported.

How do we know that he is a known good person?
            That's just not fair. Do we know the details of the alleged incident yet?

Comment

• The King
              Without me it's just Awe so
              • Jun 2004

Because if it was TO being accused it would be national headlines.
              I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
              "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
              You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
              It was all
              true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
              He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
              mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• chernobylwraiths
                • Jan 2003

That's just not fair. Do we know the details of the alleged incident yet?
                It is a story, it is news. To wait for details is probably right, but doesn't happen much. It might not be fair, but it is what it is.

Comment

• chernobylwraiths
                  • Jan 2003

Oh, when Cory MacIntyre was arrested for indecent exposure, didn't that make the front page of ESPN and such, even if he barely plays?

If ESPN sat on the story, I have to wonder why.

Comment

• Bling
                    • Jul 2004

Originally posted by MBBedard
                    Because if it was TO being accused it would be national headlines.
                    You earn respect, Bedard.

Comment

• Bling
                      • Jul 2004

Why does everyone care so much about what ESPN reports? It's the headline of CNN, Fox Sports, etc. I don't think you guys would feel so slighted if TO wasn't on your team.

Comment

• chernobylwraiths
                        • Jan 2003

In the real world, yes. For superstar athletes you are given it unless you do something to lose it.

Comment

• The King
                          • Jun 2004

I think you're way off here. Just because TO is a whiner and in the public eye more than Big Ben, doesnt mean the accusation should be taken more lightly.

Roethlisberger is a dumbass and his track record proves that. Im not saying hang the guy... but cover the story.
                          I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
                          "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
                          You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
                          It was all
                          true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.

Comment

• The King
                            • Jun 2004

BTW I should mention i think Ben is innocent in this case... I think this Andrea chick is a whack job.
                            But picking and choosing what to discuss by player just doesn't seem like fair and balanced journalism.
                            Last edited by The King; 07-22-2009, 12:00 PM.
                            It was all

Comment

• yordad
                              • Dec 2007

What is the evidence that suggest T.O. is a criminal?
                              "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

Working...
                              X