PDA

View Full Version : Vick

Typ0
07-22-2009, 06:18 PM
I'm on board. Let's win some football games.

tampabay25690
07-22-2009, 06:28 PM
Y NOT..
It will never happen but i would be for it..

FlyingDutchman
07-22-2009, 06:49 PM
100% against it

trapezeus
07-22-2009, 06:54 PM
totally against it. a guy out of the league will be worse than edwards. if it was vs JP, i'd say bring vick in.

but part of me wonderes what kind of crazy season it'd be with TO and Vick. just go for the freak show angle and how it works out. it'd be a different philosophy.

BillsWin
07-22-2009, 07:05 PM
:sadwalk:

life of faith
07-22-2009, 07:23 PM
as if we didnt have enough troubled players :ill: We don't need to sell our souls to win some games.

Typ0
07-22-2009, 07:24 PM
Vick is a winner. We need a backup. He'd be a big wildcard in the willdcat. You will be singing a different song when the JETS hire him. Bring him in here he's going to work cheap. Let him have a shot to help the Bills instead of hurt them there is no question he was at least a great talent at one time. Let's have a look

MikeInRoch
07-22-2009, 07:49 PM
Vick is a winner? Really?

HHURRICANE
07-22-2009, 07:50 PM
Vick is a winner. We need a backup. He'd be a big wildcard in the willdcat. You will be singing a different song when the JETS hire him. Bring him in here he's going to work cheap. Let him have a shot to help the Bills instead of hurt them there is no question he was at least a great talent at one time. Let's have a look

I guess you didn't watch his last two seasons in Atlanta. He sucked.

The only reason to bring in Vick would be so Owens and him can recreate their gatorade commercial that they did 6 years ago together.

FlyingDutchman
07-22-2009, 07:52 PM
no offense typo, but i have a tough time calling a guy who just spent a year behind prison bars a "winner" in any shape or form

Hemlepp53
07-22-2009, 08:02 PM
not interested in that pick up. Let him be someone elses problem.

Typ0
07-22-2009, 08:39 PM
Vick has plenty of accomplishments in the NFL and the teams he played on sucked in some areas of the game at least. You might not like the type of game he played or what he's done off the field but the guy won football games.

Joe Fo Sho
07-22-2009, 09:02 PM
I hate running quarterbacks as much as anyone, but when allowed to play the game the way Vick wanted, the guy won. Too bad Reeves got fired, he let him run all over the place. If Mora would've let Vick be Vick, he'd still have a job in Atlanta and Vick would be looked at as a much different player, or he would have had a career ending knee injury...

IF we bring Vick in, it had better be to run the stupid Wildcat or to mix it up on 3rd and short or something like that. No way this guy comes in and starts for B-Lo.

El Guapo
07-22-2009, 09:57 PM
I don't want him. Period.

But....

Is there any other fan base that could stand up to the PETA protesters better than our fans? Can you imagine a bunch of protesters outside your entry gate? They would get beer cans/bottles thrown at them. They would be spit on, p*ssed on and puked on. It would be funny as hell.

chubluv
07-22-2009, 10:56 PM
If he could help us win and make the playoffs I would be all for it. I'm sick of us losing.

I been spending my money on tix for 26 of my 36 years. I/We as fans have seen our fair share of losing. Its about time we get a f'n winning team on the field.

THATHURMANATOR
07-22-2009, 11:57 PM
Vick is a winner? Really?
I remember him beating Favre in Green Bay in the playoffs.

THATHURMANATOR
07-22-2009, 11:58 PM
If he helped us win I am all for it. He paid his due in jail.

realdealryan
07-23-2009, 05:56 AM
I don't want him. Period.

But....

Is there any other fan base that could stand up to the PETA protesters better than our fans? Can you imagine a bunch of protesters outside your entry gate? They would get beer cans/bottles thrown at them. They would be spit on, p*ssed on and puked on. It would be funny as hell.

Most of PETA is a f**kin joke, but as a Pit Bull rescuer.....it would be pretty conflicting to see him on our team.

Personal issues aside, I don't think he adds anything to our team....

-he's 2 years removed from the league
-we have athletes at WR if you try to put him there- Josh Reed is our only WR who is slower than Vick at this point
-we're not going to remove Trent for this kind of QB

Jan Reimers
07-23-2009, 06:41 AM
Let's allow Edwards at least another season to develop, without the specter of a once-revered running QB standing right behind him. Let's not start the inevitable QB controversy, which a young, emerging team doesn't need.

And let's look at areas of bigger need, before we bring in a guy who really isn't an NFL QB, but instead needs his own, unique system to thrive. We've finally surrounded Trent with very good receivers and runners. Why do we need a running QB who doesn't hit his receivers consistently?

ChristopherWalken
07-23-2009, 07:00 AM
I really don't want to see him in Buffalo but the guy has done his time and should be reinstated.

As far as his personal ethics; There are really many P.O.S. players already in the league that have commited more severe crimes then Vick.

In my opinion, Pacman Jones and Tank Johnson have commited crimes 3x worse then dog fighting. Hell you could pack a prison with several players of the Bengals, Raiders and Dolphins.

Let the guy back in the league. Just keep him out of the AFC East.

Typ0
07-23-2009, 08:02 AM
Let's allow Edwards at least another season to develop, without the specter of a once-revered running QB standing right behind him. Let's not start the inevitable QB controversy, which a young, emerging team doesn't need.

And let's look at areas of bigger need, before we bring in a guy who really isn't an NFL QB, but instead needs his own, unique system to thrive. We've finally surrounded Trent with very good receivers and runners. Why do we need a running QB who doesn't hit his receivers consistently?

because he would work for league minimum and serve as a backup that might actually be able to win a game. God forbid that TE goes down and play in the playoff game or the game that would get us there. It doesn't have to be a QB competition at all it just needs to be some protection.

As far as hitting his receivers I don't think he ever really had any to hit.

THATHURMANATOR
07-23-2009, 08:07 AM
-we have athletes at WR if you try to put him there- Josh Reed is our only WR who is slower than Vick at this point

What does this even mean?

Stewie
07-23-2009, 08:09 AM
the only question that matters: is michael vick better than the guy he replaces on the roster?

if the answer is yes, bring him in.

THATHURMANATOR
07-23-2009, 08:10 AM
the only question that matters: is michael vick better than the guy he replaces on the roster?

:bf1:

Typ0
07-23-2009, 08:18 AM

Thank you. The guy is a threat. Do we want to line up with him on our team or against us?

ddaryl
07-23-2009, 08:32 AM
I'd rather lose every game and watch the Bills leave Buffalo...

I have no desire to see Vick back in the NFL, and whomever he plays for I will watch every week and look forward to bad things happening to him.

I'm sure there are 100 or so rotweillers that agree with me

but no matter what goes on in this debate.. he has a less then 0 chance of being a Bill.

I would gladly line up against him every week... not with him

Jan Reimers
07-23-2009, 08:36 AM
because he would work for league minimum and serve as a backup that might actually be able to win a game. God forbid that TE goes down and play in the playoff game or the game that would get us there. It doesn't have to be a QB competition at all it just needs to be some protection.

As far as hitting his receivers I don't think he ever really had any to hit.
I simply think that the Bills don't need the controversy that will inevitably come with Vick. We are still a young team trying to develop some chemistry. The TO factor will seem minor compared to the hatred of Vick by some (including me) over his appalling dogfighting record, plus the clamor from others for him to be the starter should Trent get off to a slow start.

Vick will cause way too much controversy for a team that has a developing young QB, and is trying to get better.

jamze132
07-23-2009, 11:35 AM
he would be a good backup for Trent. And it's not like Vick wouldn't get a few starts considering our O-line right now.

Captain gameboy
07-23-2009, 11:45 AM
Vick is just stupid.

realdealryan
07-23-2009, 05:05 PM
What does this even mean?
WR is a position

some people don't see him as a pure QB

at 29 he's not that same burner he was when he entered the league

therefore, for those that would like to make the excuse that you can split him out wide, he's not worth much without experience or speed at that position

In my opinion, Pacman Jones and Tank Johnson have commited crimes 3x worse then dog fighting.

Tank Johnson POSSESSED GUNS.

Michael Vick killed or was directly responsible for the death of hundreds of dogs, slitting throats, drowning, shooting.......

and also possessed guns.

Which is worse?

Typ0
07-23-2009, 08:19 PM
it's just about personal values I guess. To me, a person could abuse and slaughter 1000 dogs and it wouldn't nearly be as bad as running over a human being and leaving them by the side of the road to die. Not that mistreating dogs is OK because it isn't but it certainly doesn't rank up there with treating other humans bad.

OpIv37
07-23-2009, 08:33 PM
Vick is a winner.

Vick is not a winner.

Your entire premise is false.

ServoBillieves
07-23-2009, 08:48 PM

Sorry, Typ0, I usually agree, but the only song we'd hear is "Who Let the Dogs Out" at every stadium, and to have a Bills player tarnished like that would be upsetting.

Typ0
07-23-2009, 10:48 PM
Vick is not a winner.

Your entire premise is false.

he's a winner on the football field and a loser in real life. But I/we don't know the details either. He might just be stupid and a bad product of his environment. He also might have learned something about life and want a chance to clean up his life. I ask you this--what things do people do where they get a chance to clean up their lives and when don't they? Where is that line drawn? I thought that's what the criminal justice system was for.

Typ0
07-23-2009, 10:49 PM
Sorry, Typ0, I usually agree, but the only song we'd hear is "Who Let the Dogs Out" at every stadium, and to have a Bills player tarnished like that would be upsetting.

actually, it's the Bills stadium where you hear that song!

sdbillsfan2
07-23-2009, 11:10 PM
Maybe it's just me, but as an Bills fan for 50 years now, seeing Vick wearing a Bills uniform would be an insult to every dedicated Bills player and fan . Fine , he may have served his time , but I don't want him around my animals , and I 'll never want to see him in Bills colors. I know the frustration losing can cause year after year, but I'd rather lose then have the likes of Vick on the field on Sundays. Somethings are sacred ! I'm glad the front office has more class then even thinking about this P.O.S.! If he gets lonely,, let him look up Travis Henry !

Typ0
07-24-2009, 08:37 AM
1) He'd look better standing on our sidelines a lot than being on the field for the JESTS a lot.

2) He won't be around your animals...but he might take care of that Blue Buffalo.

Dujek
07-24-2009, 09:40 AM
Simple question:

Do we play in a dome?

Answer:

No.

Michael Vick would suck ass in Buffalo from mid-October onwards.

He'd probably suck ass from September onwards, but I'll give him the benefit of the doubt. He is an inaccurate passer, he will have lost both pace and sharpness in his two years out of the game, and he has never been able to read defenses.

He will be a good fit for a dome team who need a real spark to lift them, in fact I could see him making a huge impact somewhere like St Louis, but I simply don't think he fits with what the Bills want to do, or how they traditionally play football.

OpIv37
07-24-2009, 11:47 AM
he's a winner on the football field

no, he's not. He's an athlete who's mediocre by NFL standards but gets away with it due to athleticism, which he may not have anymore after two years out of the league. I don't want to have the debate about what he did in his personal life yet again, because the guy will not help this team win, even if he learned his lesson and becomes a model citizen off the field.

wozrob11
07-24-2009, 10:25 PM
are you people really talking about vick and the buffalo bills wow it must be july baby step to september baby step to september 7-9 here we come p.s i got my popcorn ready

yordad
07-24-2009, 10:32 PM
If the Bills had Vick, I would be 100% convinced they would make the playoffs, but that still doesn't mean I am for it.

DRELOVESBills
07-24-2009, 10:35 PM
honestly it doesn't matter what any of us would do because apparently the front office always does what they want to do!! and if they want vick here, he will be here

feldspar
07-25-2009, 05:44 PM
I really don't want to see him in Buffalo but the guy has done his time and should be reinstated.

As far as his personal ethics; There are really many P.O.S. players already in the league that have commited more severe crimes then Vick.

In my opinion, Pacman Jones and Tank Johnson have commited crimes 3x worse then dog fighting. Hell you could pack a prison with several players of the Bengals, Raiders and Dolphins.

Let the guy back in the league. Just keep him out of the AFC East.

Legally owning guns that you didn't have the proper paperwork for in a different state is 3 times worse than torturing and abusing dogs for your own entertainment? Tank Johnson was on probation for doing the same thing Marshawn Lynch did, which is having a gun in his car illegally, when they raided his home and found out that he didn't fill out the correct paperwork for his guns to be in Illinois. That's all he did. Tank Johnson never hurt anybody that I know of; his crime was for being stupid more than anything else. So don't put him on the same level as Pacman Jones. What Vick did was much worse than Tank.

Lynch did worse than Tank Johnson IMO.

As far as Vick goes, he's way overrated as a QB. He's had just as many losing seasons as winning seasons in Atlanta. The guy has completed about 53% of his passes. We would be wasting our WRs. He's a great athlete, not a great QB...never was IMO.

feldspar
07-25-2009, 05:58 PM

Actually, I'd rather bring in Brian Griese. He'd be better than the Crazy-legs Fitzgerald.

CoolBreeze
07-26-2009, 02:58 PM
Is Vick better than Ryan Fitzpatrick... YES

Is Vick better than Gibran Hamden... YES

Why not sign him.. He served his time, and paid his debt to society. I'm willing to bet there are far worse human beings currently on the roster right now, but no too many better football players.