X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mchurchfie
    • Jul 2002

Marty Biron

He signed with the Islanders for something like 1.4 mill. Once again Regier drops the ball. I'm not crazy about The Bulldog but he had some good points about it today. The guy was well liked in the lockerroom, the fans loved him, and last but most importantly he can play. He was a far better option than any we have right now. If Regier attributes the fact that Miller going down last year hurt our chances to make the POs, then why in the hell didn't he do something about it this year to insure it doesn't happen again?? Biron would have been perfect and was sitting right there to be had. This ****ing FO is gets more ******ed everyday. Of course, why should they do anything, they've already sold out their season tickets.
    My Band
    daveviterna.com

• hammerbillsfan
    • Aug 2005

Re: Marty Biron

Comment

• SabreEleven
      • Aug 2002

Dipetro gets hurt more than Miller does so Marty has more chance to play there, I guess.

Comment

• Nighthawk
        Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo!
        • Jul 2002

If we use the Sabres logic (ie - excuse)...we didn't make the playoffs because Miller got hurt. Well if that is the case, then it's obvious our backup isn't good enough, so anyone with a brain could see that we needed to upgrade that position. What does this organization do? Well, they just ignore that fact and do nothing about it...as usual! Biron would have been perfect.

Comment

• SpillerThrills
          • Oct 2005

does anyone know if we actually contacted Marty??? maybe he didn't want to come back??? would have been great to have him though, really enjoyed Marty being here and loved hearing him "Mic'd up"
          2008-2009 BZHL Champion!
          2008 Pro Football Pick 'em Champion!
          2008 Survival Football Co-Champion!
          2006-2007 3 Star Pick 'em Champion!

Comment

• Dude
            that slimey ass of an ***** at the zone
            • Feb 2005

"Proactive" is not a term that the Sabres FO is familiar with.

Hell - "active" is a foreign term as well.

Comment

• BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
              All-Pro Zoner
              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by hammerbillsfan
              why do you care? of what the Sabres do...go back and root for your Toronto make me Laughs

Comment

• SabreEleven
                • Aug 2002

Originally posted by LOSman WINS
                why do you care? of what the Sabres do...go back and root for your Toronto make me Laughs
                On 2nd thought, don't go to that other site, your post's are too ignorantly entertaining...

Comment

• chernobylwraiths
                  • Jan 2003

I hate this, but it is what I kind of expected. Lalime still has one year left on his contract and there is no way the Sabres eat that contract. They are not in the habit of throwing away money.

The good news is that Marty signed a one year deal and could come back next year.

It could be a real change in the team next year with all the free agents that we don't want right now, and Ruff's contract ending as well.

I hate the FO.

Comment

• mchurchfie
                    • Jul 2002

This FO gives the fans NOTHING to be excited about.
                    My Band
                    daveviterna.com

Comment

• don137
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by chernobylwraiths
                      I hate this, but it is what I kind of expected. Lalime still has one year left on his contract and there is no way the Sabres eat that contract. They are not in the habit of throwing away money.

The good news is that Marty signed a one year deal and could come back next year.

It could be a real change in the team next year with all the free agents that we don't want right now, and Ruff's contract ending as well.

I hate the FO.
                      I think the fact Lalime signed a two year deal and has one year left is why they did not pursue Marty. This front office will not eat contracts. Look at Afinogenov. They let him rot in the press box than dump him. He didn't do anything but collect a paycheck last year.
                      The Sabres lack of a quality backup has hurt them the past two years.

Comment

• User Manuel
                        The Artist formerly Known as Lawesome97
                        • Nov 2003

Patrick Lalime was not the Sabres reason for not making the playoffs last year.

Comment

• chernobylwraiths
                          • Jan 2003

Originally posted by Lawesome97
                          Patrick Lalime was not the Sabres reason for not making the playoffs last year.
                          Maybe true, but that was a reason THEY gave for why they didn't make the playoffs.

Comment

• bigbub2352
                            • Feb 2005

A team concentrating on getting better would make the move especially considering miller does go down with injuries from time to time, Biron made to much sense hence us not making the move
                            Darcy is a loser
                            Quinn got what he wanted with the season tickets now its time to collect the profit
                            and we suffer the loyal fans
                            XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY

Comment

• mchurchfie
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by chernobylwraiths

I hate the FO.
                              And what if Marty has a good year and wants 3 mill next year or some other team needs a goalie and throws a boatload of money at him. This FO had a perfect opportunity to bring back an alltime fan favorite and also improve the backup situation and they totally ****ing blew it like they always do. They are dumber than a bag of rocks. They know that they have us fans bent over because next to the Bills they are the only big game in town and they take TOTAL advantage of it. Lindy always talks about his players having passion but how can he expect them to have any when their bosses have about enough passion about winning as a corpse. We have a bunch of Vaginas running the FO.
                              My Band
                              daveviterna.com

Comment

Working...
                              X