PDA

View Full Version : Marty Biron

mchurchfie
07-22-2009, 07:08 PM
He signed with the Islanders for something like 1.4 mill. Once again Regier drops the ball.:down: I'm not crazy about The Bulldog but he had some good points about it today. The guy was well liked in the lockerroom, the fans loved him, and last but most importantly he can play. He was a far better option than any we have right now. If Regier attributes the fact that Miller going down last year hurt our chances to make the POs, then why in the hell didn't he do something about it this year to insure it doesn't happen again?? Biron would have been perfect and was sitting right there to be had. This ****ing FO is gets more ******ed everyday. Of course, why should they do anything, they've already sold out their season tickets.:cynic:

hammerbillsfan
07-22-2009, 07:11 PM
:goodpost:

SabreEleven
07-22-2009, 07:19 PM
Dipetro gets hurt more than Miller does so Marty has more chance to play there, I guess.

Nighthawk
07-22-2009, 07:50 PM
If we use the Sabres logic (ie - excuse)...we didn't make the playoffs because Miller got hurt. Well if that is the case, then it's obvious our backup isn't good enough, so anyone with a brain could see that we needed to upgrade that position. What does this organization do? Well, they just ignore that fact and do nothing about it...as usual! Biron would have been perfect.

SpillerThrills
07-22-2009, 08:47 PM
does anyone know if we actually contacted Marty??? maybe he didn't want to come back??? would have been great to have him though, really enjoyed Marty being here and loved hearing him "Mic'd up"

Dude
07-22-2009, 08:59 PM
"Proactive" is not a term that the Sabres FO is familiar with.

Hell - "active" is a foreign term as well.

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
07-22-2009, 09:11 PM
:goodpost:

why do you care? of what the Sabres do...go back and root for your Toronto make me Laughs

SabreEleven
07-22-2009, 09:15 PM
why do you care? of what the Sabres do...go back and root for your Toronto make me Laughs

On 2nd thought, don't go to that other site, your post's are too ignorantly entertaining...

chernobylwraiths
07-22-2009, 09:30 PM
I hate this, but it is what I kind of expected. Lalime still has one year left on his contract and there is no way the Sabres eat that contract. They are not in the habit of throwing away money.

The good news is that Marty signed a one year deal and could come back next year.

It could be a real change in the team next year with all the free agents that we don't want right now, and Ruff's contract ending as well.

I hate the FO.

mchurchfie
07-23-2009, 10:31 AM
This FO gives the fans NOTHING to be excited about.

don137
07-23-2009, 11:09 AM
I hate this, but it is what I kind of expected. Lalime still has one year left on his contract and there is no way the Sabres eat that contract. They are not in the habit of throwing away money.

The good news is that Marty signed a one year deal and could come back next year.

It could be a real change in the team next year with all the free agents that we don't want right now, and Ruff's contract ending as well.

I hate the FO.

I think the fact Lalime signed a two year deal and has one year left is why they did not pursue Marty. This front office will not eat contracts. Look at Afinogenov. They let him rot in the press box than dump him. He didn't do anything but collect a paycheck last year.
The Sabres lack of a quality backup has hurt them the past two years.

User Manuel
07-23-2009, 11:27 AM
Patrick Lalime was not the Sabres reason for not making the playoffs last year.

chernobylwraiths
07-23-2009, 11:45 AM
Patrick Lalime was not the Sabres reason for not making the playoffs last year.

Maybe true, but that was a reason THEY gave for why they didn't make the playoffs.

bigbub2352
07-23-2009, 11:50 AM
A team concentrating on getting better would make the move especially considering miller does go down with injuries from time to time, Biron made to much sense hence us not making the move
Darcy is a loser
Quinn got what he wanted with the season tickets now its time to collect the profit
and we suffer the loyal fans

mchurchfie
07-23-2009, 12:44 PM

I hate the FO.
And what if Marty has a good year and wants 3 mill next year or some other team needs a goalie and throws a boatload of money at him. This FO had a perfect opportunity to bring back an alltime fan favorite and also improve the backup situation and they totally ****ing blew it like they always do. They are dumber than a bag of rocks. They know that they have us fans bent over because next to the Bills they are the only big game in town and they take TOTAL advantage of it. Lindy always talks about his players having passion but how can he expect them to have any when their bosses have about enough passion about winning as a corpse. We have a bunch of Vaginas running the FO.

Ebenezer
07-23-2009, 01:13 PM
I only reason for not bringing him back was the risk of a long term contract after a one year deal...hardly a risk.

chernobylwraiths
07-23-2009, 06:55 PM
I only reason for not bringing him back was the risk of a long term contract after a one year deal...hardly a risk.

No, the only reason for not bring him back was because we already had a backup under contract. Our FO is too stupid to trade him and won't eat the money to release him.

Ebenezer
07-23-2009, 08:23 PM
No, the only reason for not bring him back was because we already had a backup under contract. Our FO is too stupid to trade him and won't eat the money to release him.
by saying there was only one risk I was implying there was an easy way to deal with Lalime - he really isn't an issue.

chernobylwraiths
07-23-2009, 09:28 PM
by saying there was only one risk I was implying there was an easy way to deal with Lalime - he really isn't an issue.

he shouldn't be an issue, but the fact is they won't pay a guy not to play.

OpIv37
07-23-2009, 10:22 PM
This FO gives the fans NOTHING to be excited about.

yet, the fans ARE excited. See the season ticket thread. 95% renewal and 1200 new ones. That's roughly 75% of the available seats in that arena ALREADY sold, before packages and individual games even go on sale.

So, what exactly is the FO's motivation to eat Lalime's contract and spend another $1.4 million on Biron? The fans are still coming to the games. They're still watching the games on TV (ad revenue) and buying the merch. The money is there.

It's the same **** with both the Bills and the Sabres. I truly believe they want to win, as long as they can do so without spending more than a certain amount. Both teams function within self-imposed parameters (ie, "cash to cap"), and won't violate those parameters even if it means a better chance to win.

SabreEleven
07-23-2009, 11:36 PM
I miss watching the Sabres games but I can't say that I'm excited about this upcoming season.

Nighthawk
07-24-2009, 06:57 AM
yet, the fans ARE excited. See the season ticket thread. 95% renewal and 1200 new ones. That's roughly 75% of the available seats in that arena ALREADY sold, before packages and individual games even go on sale.

So, what exactly is the FO's motivation to eat Lalime's contract and spend another $1.4 million on Biron? The fans are still coming to the games. They're still watching the games on TV (ad revenue) and buying the merch. The money is there.

It's the same **** with both the Bills and the Sabres. I truly believe they want to win, as long as they can do so without spending more than a certain amount. Both teams function within self-imposed parameters (ie, "cash to cap"), and won't violate those parameters even if it means a better chance to win.

The Sabres problem is not spending money...they spend money. The problem is the people making the decisions on who to spend it on are stupid. Give me the budget they use and I'm pretty sure I could build a better team that everybody would be happy with.

mchurchfie
07-24-2009, 11:10 AM
The Sabres problem is not spending money...they spend money. The problem is the people making the decisions on who to spend it on are stupid. Give me the budget they use and I'm pretty sure I could build a better team that everybody would be happy with.
Agreed. Their drafts have basically been **** for the last ten years and their blunders with being able to retain the right players and making them feel half wanted is legendary now. Regier, Quinn, and Galisano are all to blame. I don't buy the excuses for Regier. When he has had opportunity and free reign to do something for this team he has blown it. And like I said before, any self-respecting GM that was supposedly muzzled as bad as he is wouldn't even want to be here.

OpIv37
07-24-2009, 11:31 AM

I think it's a little of both- they don't spend money in the right players because they have too much tied up in the wrong players.

I just don't know why these guys are loyal to a fault. I mean, there has to be some loyalty- no one is going to play for an organization that gives up on rookies after 1 year or dumps stars after 1 mediocre season, but this team gives lackluster players far too many chances.

mercyrule
07-27-2009, 12:27 PM
is hot

SabreEleven
07-27-2009, 08:31 PM
There will be no talk like that here, Ruth

trapezeus
07-28-2009, 11:00 AM
i think Marty was a catch 22. if we signed him, he'd be lackluster and uninterested because he knows he isn't going to start. you'd get the most streaky and most unreliable biron

and he signed with the isle and he'll beat us the 3-4 times they play us next year making us angry.

Like everything in buffalo sports these days, it's a lose-lose situation.

mchurchfie
07-28-2009, 01:02 PM
I don't know about that. When Miller went down that one time he set a record for most wins in a row.

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
07-28-2009, 03:15 PM
for all of you crying that we didn't bring back Biron...read this

"The contract this year had to be the one that gave me the best fit and best chance to play often and play early. Then we'll see where that takes us,” Biron said. “Rick DiPietro is expected to come back in the early part of the season, but nobody knows when. I'm expecting him to make a full recovery. In the first month of the season I will give myself a chance to play, get myself out there and then see where that takes us from there."

Biron feels he can get playing time in October and maybe November by having a great camp and getting on an early-season roll sooner than his new partner, Dwayne Roloson.

"I probably could have looked at situations that were more stable,” Biron said. “But doors were closing a little bit. And then you look at some situations that could have got you 25 games a year, that's not going to get me where I want to be next summer. We're all looking at trying to position ourselves for the future. I think that if I was at a different stage of my career and was content with going in to play a supporting role, that would be great, but I'm not and that's the way it is. I feel in the last two years I took a step forward, starting in the playoffs and playing at a high level. And there's still a higher level to achieve."

http://www.thehockeynews.com/articles/27353-Brian-Duffs-Blog-Biron-still-working-towards-No-1-job.html

he wasn't going to get his best chance backing up Ryan Miller.

SabreEleven
07-28-2009, 03:38 PM
He'll get plenty of playing time with a team that has 3 starters on it :up:

Typ0
07-28-2009, 07:33 PM
It doesn't matter that the player has reasons he doesn't want to be here. Don't you guys know every free agent is dying to come to buffalo and they don't because DR botches it up.

Nighthawk
07-28-2009, 07:41 PM
for all of you crying that we didn't bring back Biron...read this

"The contract this year had to be the one that gave me the best fit and best chance to play often and play early. Then we'll see where that takes us,” Biron said. “Rick DiPietro is expected to come back in the early part of the season, but nobody knows when. I'm expecting him to make a full recovery. In the first month of the season I will give myself a chance to play, get myself out there and then see where that takes us from there."

Biron feels he can get playing time in October and maybe November by having a great camp and getting on an early-season roll sooner than his new partner, Dwayne Roloson.

"I probably could have looked at situations that were more stable,” Biron said. “But doors were closing a little bit. And then you look at some situations that could have got you 25 games a year, that's not going to get me where I want to be next summer. We're all looking at trying to position ourselves for the future. I think that if I was at a different stage of my career and was content with going in to play a supporting role, that would be great, but I'm not and that's the way it is. I feel in the last two years I took a step forward, starting in the playoffs and playing at a high level. And there's still a higher level to achieve."

http://www.thehockeynews.com/articles/27353-Brian-Duffs-Blog-Biron-still-working-towards-No-1-job.html

he wasn't going to get his best chance backing up Ryan Miller.

Honestly, I've got to ask this question...are you really this ignorant???

OpIv37
08-01-2009, 02:15 PM
It doesn't matter that the player has reasons he doesn't want to be here. Don't you guys know every free agent is dying to come to buffalo and they don't because DR botches it up.

yeah, the FO bears no responsibility whatsoever for creating an environment that makes it hard to attract players :rolleyes: