• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • madness
    • Apr 2003

NFL Scout on Bills' O-Line: "HORRIBLE"

NFL Scout on Bills' O-Line: "HORRIBLE"
    Who's ready for a weekend of Terrell Owens? The Buffalo Bills open training camp in just two short days, as the full squad will take the field for their first official practice of the 2009 season on Saturday morning.
    buffalorumblings.com/Brian Galliford | Posted at 09:11 AM
  • The Popcorn
    Cincinatti > Buffalo
    • Jun 2009

Re: NFL Scout on Bills' O-Line: "HORRIBLE"

Originally posted by madness
    Who's ready for a weekend of Terrell Owens?

I am.
    The Popcorn and Terrell Owens are coming to a town near you.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
      Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
      • May 2003

I'm glad this "former" scout Jeremiah is so clairvoyant that he knows our O-Line is HORRIBLE before they even take their first snaps in training camp. The guy is obviously an all knowing, all seeing savant.
      Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• psubills62
        Legendary Zoner
        • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
        I'm glad this "former" scout Jeremiah is so clairvoyant that he knows our O-Line is HORRIBLE before they even take their first snaps in training camp. The guy is obviously an all knowing, all seeing savant.
        He's also apparently been fired from the Browns' scouting staff:

"Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
        - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• Static
          The lap dances are always better when the stripper is crying.
          • Jul 2005

Maybe by saying your o-line is horrible, he is vying for a job.

Comment

• madness
            • Apr 2003

The article is quite contradicting. The title suggests the OL is just down right overall horrible, then the quote refers just to the depth, then it's just the guys moving outside.

Comment

• Goobylal
              • Jan 2004

They'll apparently a) hire anyone as a scout and b) let anyone be a writer/"expert" these days.

Comment

• baalworship
                • May 2003

I honestly think we will be better at run blocking this year, slightly worse at pass protection. But it's not like we have a QB that tries to throw deep that much...

Comment

• Hemlepp53
                  • Jul 2004

another jackass trying to turn the light on himself for stating what most of the football world is already aware of. It all depends on the conhesivness of the line. I think we might have some errors but not a consistant issue. We need to sign the boys and throw them to the wolves as soon as possible.
                  @Hemlepp53

Comment

• jamze132
                    Don’t hate…
                    • Jun 2003

Well what is to be excited about two rookies starting, two guys switching positions, and a career backup hiking the ball staring down some pretty daunting NTs in the AFC East?

Comment

• TigerJ
                      • Jul 2002

It is patently obvious that there are huge question marks about the Bills' offensive line. If the starting line consists of Walker, Levitre, Hangartner, Woods, and Butler as everyone expects, you have two rookies who have never played a down of NFL football. You have a left tackle who has enjoyed modest success as a right tackle and was poorly regarded when he played guard. You have a starting center whose NFL playing time has been a handfull of games split between center and guard as a backup, and a right tackle whose tackle experience was a few years ago in college. You are deaf, blind, and dumb if that is not a huge concern as a Bills fan going into the season. That does not guarantee the line will be horrible once they have gelled. It only means we aren't going to know ahead of time how they are going to be. It also suggests that they are going to struggle some at the start of the season.

I am encouraged that our probable starters are all very intelligent players and for the most part rank pretty high in terms of perceived toughness. Those are both pretty good qualities to have in offensive linemen. However, I admit that I will be sitting on pins and needles for a while until I begin to see how they actually play together.
                      I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                        Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                        • May 2003

I definitely have questions and concerns about our O-line. It's just that calling them HORRIBLE this early grates on me.
                        Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• bigbub2352
                          • Feb 2005

How can anyone especially a NFL scout make a judgement when they havent played any contact games with pads on? come on media has to relax a little bit
                          im not saying Walker is the best LT in the world but **** Mike Gandy was the starting LT in the Super bowl

Gotta see them in action before you can be so ignorant and call them horrible
                          weak article in my opinion
                          XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY

Comment

• Night Train
                            Retired - On Several Levels
                            • Jul 2005

It WAS horrible lately.

Now it's being overhauled to change that. 3 new guys in the middle and 2 others changing positions. I'll take average by the end of 2009. I'm realistic but also optimistic because they're finally trying to address it.
                            Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• raphael120
                              Jason Peters rigorous at home training regiment
                              • Oct 2005

Wouldn't it be JUST like the Bills to have gotten all this talent, and then have a horrid Oline that just kills Edwards.

That's just Buffalo's luck lately so I wouldn't be at all surprised that our oline would be putrid.

Comment

Working...
                              X