• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • psubills62
    Legendary Zoner
    • Sep 2008

Random Predictions

I'm bored, and there's not much going on so I figured we should throw out some random predictions for the season/preseason (the HOF game starts in 17 days!).

My prediction is that, while our schedule is ranked as the 6th toughest in the league right now, after the season is over it will be middle of the pack (i.e. 14th or so).

I have a few reasons for predicting this. One, teams with the toughest schedules based on the previous year's W/L's often end up with easier schedules than expected. Take Pittsburgh as an example. Last year they had the toughest by far based on 2007 wins and losses, but ended up with the 8th toughest after the season was over.

The second reason I'm predicting that is because our strength of schedule is heavily weighted by our divisional opponents. If you remember correctly, our division played the AFC and NFC West. I doubt Miami, NE, and NYJ will have such an easy time getting wins over the AFC and NFC South. So imo, our division will not have records that are quite as good.

Thirdly, the AFC South had essentially 4 guaranteed wins by playing the NFC North last year (including Detroit).

While I'm not saying our opponents won't be as tough, I do believe our overall SOS based on record will not be as difficult as people expect.

Anyone else have any other predictions?
    "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
    - Nicholas Cummings
  • jamze132
    Don’t hate…
    • Jun 2003

Re: Random Predictions

I predict that our offense won't score more than 10 points on NE opening day. Reason you may ask? Our O-line VS their D-line.

Comment

Working...
    X