PDA

View Full Version : "mediocre 7-9 seasons are just not gonna cut it any more, we need... playoffs"~ Poz

yordad
07-24-2009, 10:20 PM
".....mediocre 7-9 seasons are just not gonna cut it any more, we need to get to the Playoffs." ~ Poz

The video is on the front page of nfl.com right now. I am sure it will move, but I don't know how to put a direct link of it, or put it in here. He looked thick as hell and confident.

:gobills:

jamze132
07-24-2009, 11:48 PM
Well "Pos", when did 7-9 season EVER cut it in the NFL? This guy is our MLB?

The Spaz
07-25-2009, 12:00 AM

Isn't that what he said?

SabreEleven
07-25-2009, 12:16 AM
7-9 is ok for Jauron and Wilson because they've been doing it for the last 4 years with no problem.

Jan Reimers
07-25-2009, 07:51 AM
Poz is a bright guy with a great attitude. Because he's a student of the game with a great work ethic, he'll get better and better on the field with experience

MassEffect218435
07-25-2009, 08:40 AM
Aiming kind of low, how about "playoffs aren't going to cut it, we need a championship."

HHURRICANE
07-25-2009, 10:18 AM
Poz is a bright guy with a great attitude. Because he's a student of the game with a great work ethic, he'll get better and better on the field with experience

Poz was a big contributor to 7-9. The guy better step it up or the 2nd round is starting to look like a tremendous stretch.

Ebenezer
07-25-2009, 10:22 AM
".....mediocre 7-9 seasons are just not gonna cut it any more, we need to get to the Playoffs." ~ Poz

um...duh.

Boomstick
07-25-2009, 10:29 AM

Exactly right. Most people didn't notice the improvement with his game as the year wore on. I think because they were *****in' that he wasn't Ray Lewis or something.
I just wish we had a different scheme on D for him. Like "Get me the ball!". It'd work better than this tampa 2 crap.

jamze132
07-25-2009, 12:52 PM
I think he's going to be a pretty damn good MLB but making statements like ".....mediocre 7-9 seasons are just not gonna cut it any more, we need to get to the Playoffs." make him sound like Simple Jack.

Wwwee gota mmmmmmmmmmmake the playoffssss, der.....

yordad
07-25-2009, 02:23 PM
I think it is better then the "Well, were gonna try. We like to play, so we'll see. Only time will tell."

yordad
07-25-2009, 02:24 PM
Maybe if any of you watched the video you might be as pumped as me. :(

Hemlepp53
07-25-2009, 07:17 PM
Maybe if any of you watched the video you might be as pumped as me. :(

I am with you. I liked it. Looked like he was taking a shot at the coaching staff. He said what everyone on that team and everyone of us in the stands are screaming. The talent is on the field now fellas... the question is do we ahve the talent on the sidelines......... :handball: bounce that around a bit.

Night Train
07-25-2009, 07:45 PM
".....mediocre 7-9 seasons are just not gonna cut it any more
His coach strongly disagrees.

Mr. Miyagi
07-25-2009, 07:46 PM
If the Lions go 7-9 this season, it'd be a huge success.

Mr. Pink
07-25-2009, 09:48 PM
What he said is what you're supposed to do as a player.

Whitner should take a lesson.

Hemlepp53
07-25-2009, 10:12 PM
What he said is what you're supposed to do as a player.

Whitner should take a lesson.

Couldnt agree more. WE need players who demand more from themselves, their teammates, and the coaching. If everyone carried this mentality we would have the SWAGER of the Ravens on our Defense.... We need confident solid leaders and Poz is taking on that role ...

jamze132
07-26-2009, 01:37 AM
So no one caught the fact that he said a 7-9 season isn't good enough anymore? Anymore? When the **** was it ever ok to go 7-9?

yordad
07-26-2009, 10:48 AM
So no one caught the fact that he said a 7-9 season isn't good enough anymore? Anymore? When the **** was it ever ok to go 7-9?Before we had the Pozinator taking ownership over the defense. :idunno:

I mean, was he supposed to say that as a rookie? How about year two in his 5th start? It would have just come off cocky.

For some reason you want to find fault in this. Just follow Hemlapp53, and blame the coaches. I'll join ya.

jamze132
07-26-2009, 03:56 PM
Before we had the Pozinator taking ownership over the defense. :idunno:

I mean, was he supposed to say that as a rookie? How about year two in his 5th start? It would have just come off cocky.

For some reason you want to find fault in this. Just follow Hemlapp53, and blame the coaches. I'll join ya.
I don't like it when our players accept or have ever accepted mediocrity.

Philagape
07-26-2009, 04:32 PM
I don't think there's anything remarkable about players not thinking about the full context of every word they use on a video interview. They're not all English majors or as linguistically brilliant as us.

I mean, does anyone seriously think Poz has ever been ok with 7-9?

X-Era
07-26-2009, 04:55 PM

The video is on the front page of nfl.com right now. I am sure it will move, but I don't know how to put a direct link of it, or put it in here. He looked thick as hell and confident.

:gobills:

This is something we hear every year too.