PDA

View Full Version : Any truth to the DiGi rumor? - Digiorgio Waived

Yasgur's Farm
07-25-2009, 07:57 AM
2nd knee surgery required... Done for '09!
http://boards.buffalobills.com/showthread.php?t=151733

shelby
07-25-2009, 08:01 AM
oh that sucks.

Jan Reimers
07-25-2009, 08:07 AM
That would be bad, but we have a number of young LBs vying for jobs, including Bowen, Buggs, Harris and Palmer.

Goobylal
07-25-2009, 08:07 AM
If so, give Matt Wilhelm a call.

Yasgur's Farm
07-25-2009, 08:08 AM
I believe we just re-signed DiGi this offseason.

Goobylal
07-25-2009, 08:12 AM
They did. And as per Chris Brown, he's not at TC, so the rumor is probably true.

Crisis
07-25-2009, 08:39 AM
wow....sucks to see someone who worked his way from the bottom like that have something so devastating.

hope he can turn it around and be a solid contributor still, he may not be the savior of our linebackers but its hard to not root for him.

Goobylal
07-25-2009, 08:49 AM
wow....sucks to see someone who worked his way from the bottom like that have something so devastating.

hope he can turn it around and be a solid contributor still, he may not be the savior of our linebackers but its hard to not root for him.
I remember Damien Covington starting to come into his own, and then suffering that devastating knee injury. And then a few years later, he was dead. Sam Cowart too, with the Achilles (but not death).

jamze132
07-25-2009, 09:53 AM
Sucks if true, especially from a personal standpoint.

HHURRICANE
07-25-2009, 10:05 AM
Classic Bills. Let the player wait til the last possible moment so we can lose him for the season. This FO may be the biggest joke in professional sports.

I love how we already have people saying we'll be fine and than throwing the names around of scrub players as legitimate replacements.

Boomstick
07-25-2009, 10:20 AM
He's one of our "high motor" guys that I actually enjoy watching play. This could be devastating as far as his career goes too. Hope he make a full recovery.

DMBcrew36
07-25-2009, 11:35 AM
yep

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4355547

Dr. Lecter
07-25-2009, 11:45 AM
Classic Bills. Let the player wait til the last possible moment so we can lose him for the season. This FO may be the biggest joke in professional sports.

I love how we already have people saying we'll be fine and than throwing the names around of scrub players as legitimate replacements.

Yeah, they are the biggest joke in pro sports. Way bigger than the Lions and LA Clippers.

His knee did not recover from the injury. Since neither you, nor I, knows what happened maybe making such ridiculous statements of grand hyperbole is unnecessary.

BillsWin
07-25-2009, 11:45 AM
Hold for link.

It appears he had another surgery, and the Bills decided to cut their losses.

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-3/digiorgio-waived-hardy-and-hawthorne-on-pup/052d5d01-ec42-42fb-9110-a91eae6f44b3

Bulldog
07-25-2009, 11:47 AM
Better alert HH, the season is lost. Hate to be so brash, but guys like Digi are a dime a dozen. I wish him well in his recovery.

OpIv37
07-25-2009, 11:47 AM
Ouch. So much for moving Poz to the outside. So much for LB depth.

BillsWin
07-25-2009, 11:48 AM
Got the link up, its official. bb.com has posted it. Nelson also signed and Hawthorne moved to PUP.

HHURRICANE
07-25-2009, 11:50 AM
Better alert HH, the season is lost. Hate to be so brash, but guys like Digi are a dime a dozen. I wish him well in his recovery.

Well it's not good news. The Steelers 2nd string team cost us a playoff birth a few years back. You guys keep acting like every player is disposable. This on a team team that doesn't have alot of depth.

ServoBillieves
07-25-2009, 11:50 AM
That's a real shame, hope he can recover. One of my favorite players, real, real shame...

BillsWin
07-25-2009, 11:51 AM
poor guy, I liked him. well, its up to Bowen and Harris to bring solid depth, and looks like Palmer gets a chance.

HHURRICANE
07-25-2009, 11:52 AM

Op, these players are a dime a dozen.:sigh:

HHURRICANE
07-25-2009, 11:56 AM
Yeah, they are the biggest joke in pro sports. Way bigger than the Lions and LA Clippers.

His knee did not recover from the injury. Since neither you, nor I, knows what happened maybe making such ridiculous statements of grand hyperbole is unnecessary.

Yeah the Bills did a good job in FA filling the roster spot. Sorry. And it's official that he got cut.

Ebenezer
07-25-2009, 11:57 AM
threads merged...

Ebenezer
07-25-2009, 11:58 AM
Yeah the Bills did a good job in FA filling the roster spot. Sorry. And it's official that he got cut.
HH, go outside and get some air.

Dr. Lecter
07-25-2009, 12:01 PM

Not what I said. At all.

And you know it.

Bulldog
07-25-2009, 12:06 PM
Op, these players are a dime a dozen.:sigh:

Are you seriously trying to say a player like Digi isn't average at best? The only advantage he had over some of the guys below him on the depth chart was familiarity with the defensive scheme. Not a big loss in my book. Weren't you going to root for another team? Now is the perfect time.

OpIv37
07-25-2009, 12:20 PM
Are you seriously trying to say a player like Digi isn't average at best? The only advantage he had over some of the guys below him on the depth chart was familiarity with the defensive scheme. Not a big loss in my book. Weren't you going to root for another team? Now is the perfect time.

He is average. No doubt about that.

The problem is that the Bills don't have anyone better.

YardRat
07-25-2009, 12:42 PM
Bummer for DiGi...hope he eventually recovers.

TigerJ
07-25-2009, 01:16 PM
Failed to pass physical - waived.

Oaf
07-25-2009, 02:06 PM
Don't kid yourself, this guy made more plays than Poz did when he was back there, minus the solid run presence in the middle.

ServoBillieves
07-25-2009, 02:45 PM
Might jeaporadize the 3-4 scheme...

Nighthawk
07-25-2009, 03:29 PM

Umm, DiGiorgio is a scrub...this isn't a big loss.

Nighthawk
07-25-2009, 03:30 PM
Don't kid yourself, this guy made more plays than Poz did when he was back there, minus the solid run presence in the middle.

No, no he didn't.

ddaryl
07-25-2009, 06:47 PM
well I'm with the "Why the hell did the Bills short arm the LB position in the offseason" club...

I expect a move now....so who's the best FA LB option on the market ?

Hemlepp53
07-25-2009, 06:54 PM
I remember Damien Covington starting to come into his own, and then suffering that devastating knee injury. And then a few years later, he was dead. Sam Cowart too, with the Achilles (but not death).

Thats encouraging... lol... Nice facts but damned....

Hemlepp53
07-25-2009, 07:14 PM
Just read he is expected to be ready to play by Jan. Lets see how it goes.

Night Train
07-25-2009, 07:25 PM

The kid had a heart of gold and was a good ST's tackler but was physically overmatched as a starting LB. Was blown out on way too many plays. His drag down tackles usually came after a solid gain by the opposition. A 2nd, 3rd stringer on any other team in the NFL.

I was always amazed people were calling for him to start and stated it in many threads. I wish him the best but calling his loss a huge blow is a stretch of epic proportions, despite the LB depth questions.

I also miss Coy Wire for his ST's tackles but we seemingly have 20 ST aces who can't back up their assigned position worth a damn.

John Doe
07-26-2009, 04:20 AM
DiGiorgio was the backup to middle linebacker Paul Posluszny last season until tearing up his knee in the sixth game. His knee required further surgery this month. He underwent a microfracture procedure to promote more cartilage growth, and he will be unable to play this season. The Bills listed him as having failed the team physical. If he clears waivers, he reverts back to the Bills because he is under contract through 2010. At that point the Bills could put him on the reserve PUP list, putting him out for the year.

http://www.buffalonews.com/452/story/744604.html

Jan Reimers
07-26-2009, 07:37 AM
Digiorgio was going to replace Poz in the middle? I doubt it very much. I think LB depth is affected, but that's it.

Jan Reimers
07-26-2009, 07:42 AM
poor guy, I liked him. well, its up to Bowen and Harris to bring solid depth, and looks like Palmer gets a chance.
We have Buggs and Pat Thomas, too. So it hurts our depth, but we do have a number of guys who can replace him.

I feel really bad for Digiorgio, though. He was a player.

shelby
07-26-2009, 07:54 AM
i like DiGi. Bummer.

OpIv37
07-26-2009, 10:21 AM
Digiorgio was going to replace Poz in the middle? I doubt it very much. I think LB depth is affected, but that's it.

Many people on here wanted Poz moved to the outside and DiGi to start in the middle so Ellison's ass could be on the bench where it belongs. Plus, OLB is a more natural position for Poz- he doesn't have good hip movement and tends to get swallowed up by lead blockers, and being on the outside would mitigate those issues somewhat.

However, there was never any indication that the coaches were considering this idea. It was just conjecture by the fans as far as I know.

justasportsfan
07-27-2009, 07:50 AM

WEll MR. my best friend is a buffalo bills Player , looks like your buddy didn't come through for you when it came to giving you info huh? You're full of it. You have no friends. Leave us bills fans alone.

madness
07-27-2009, 07:54 AM
Many people on here wanted Poz moved to the outside and DiGi to start in the middle so Ellison's ass could be on the bench where it belongs. Plus, OLB is a more natural position for Poz- he doesn't have good hip movement and tends to get swallowed up by lead blockers, and being on the outside would mitigate those issues somewhat.

However, there was never any indication that the coaches were considering this idea. It was just conjecture by the fans as far as I know.

If Poz gets swallowed up by lead blockers than Digi would have been the toothpick for them to clean out their teeth.

justasportsfan
07-27-2009, 07:57 AM
Digi are a good people

trapezeus
07-27-2009, 11:30 AM
am i crazy to think that Corto is a similar cut of LB to Digi? Corto is his ST replacement...lots of heart. Hopefully digi goes on to a full recovery. seemed like a good guy. as for his football value to the bills, i think the other depth should be just as good as he is.