Number one player on the hot seat...Lee Evans.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HHURRICANE
    • Mar 2005

Number one player on the hot seat...Lee Evans.

I used a reliable source to write this thread. Lee Evans himself. Lee is not coming off like he is psyched to have TO here. Matter-of-fact he seems quite bothered by it.

So I started thinking about Lee Evans, and his play, and his contibution to the team. His best friend is still JP Losman, who he hangs out with frequently. I think it's fine if he wants to stay buddies with JP but you don't spend anytime with your current offensive players? Edwards? Reed? Jackson? In addition he hasn't said one positive thing off the record about T.O. Why would you he be intimidated? Unless..

You aren't that great. Now before you guys get worked up I like Evans and I think he is a good player. The question is he worthy of the contract he got and the #1 WR status? The answer today is simple, no!

This guy has everything to prove and having a HOF player on the other side is either going to prove how good he is or how overrated he is. So far Evans has me believeing the later based on his own handling of the situation so far.

The number one guy on the hot seat this year is Lee Evans. I have to say I'm very curious to see what happens.
  • Ebenezer
    Give me a minute...
    • Jul 2002

Re: Number one player on the hot seat...Lee Evans.

Lee is not on any hot seat...the guy is a WR. He can only catch what is thrown his way. His responsibility is to get open and block when called upon.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
      • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Ebenezer
      Lee is not on any hot seat...the guy is a WR. He can only catch what is thrown his way. His responsibility is to get open and block when called upon.

Wow, you really believe this? So Larry Fitzgreald would automatically suck on this team than?

Do you believe that Evans has played well as the number 1 guy?

Comment

• alohabillsfan
        • Sep 2003

how would you know he hasnt said anything positive off the record, if its off the record?

Comment

• HHURRICANE
          • Mar 2005

Originally posted by alohabillsfan
          how would you know he hasnt said anything positive off the record, if its off the record?

I spent time with the guy in the off-season. Good enough?

Comment

• Ebenezer
            Give me a minute...
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
            Wow, you really believe this? So Larry Fitzgreald would automatically suck on this team than?
            yes...that is what makes Trent Edwards the #1 guy on the hot seat.

Do you believe that Evans has played well as the number 1 guy?
            Yeah, what more could he have done? Thrown the ball to himself? Punted?

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
              • Mar 2005

yes...that is what makes Trent Edwards the #1 guy on the hot seat.

Yeah, what more could he have done? Thrown the ball to himself? Punted?

This is the best part of this thread. Evans can prove you right this year. Or do you already have an excuse for him?

Comment

• The Juice Is Loose
                All-Pro Zoner
                • Feb 2009

i call bull****

Comment

• Ebenezer
                  Give me a minute...
                  • Jul 2002

This is the best part of this thread. Evans can prove you right this year. Or do you already have an excuse for him?
                  What? If a QB can't get a WR the ball then what the hell is the WR supposed to do? Run back and take it away from him? Unreal.

Evans only ends up on the hot seat if a QB can get the ball to him all the time and he starts dropping it or stops running after catching the ball.
                  Last edited by Ebenezer; 07-25-2009, 11:08 AM.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                    • Mar 2005

What? If a QB can't get a WR the ball then what the hell is the WR supposed to do? Run back and take it away from him? Unreal.

Evans only ends up on the hot seat if a QB can get the ball to him all the time and he starts dropping it or stops running after catching the ball.
                    Edwards was 7-1 with Reed on the field. What does that tell you? Edwards didn't have the weapons and it was obvious that Evans isn't good enough without a supporting cast.

Comment

• yordad
                      • Dec 2007

LOLOLOLOOLOOLLLOOOO .....A No. Not good enough.
                      Last edited by yordad; 07-25-2009, 11:23 AM.
                      "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

• yordad
                        • Dec 2007

Edwards was 7-1 with Reed on the field. What does that tell you? Edwards didn't have the weapons and it was obvious that Evans isn't good enough without a supporting cast.
                        Wait.... what was Edwards without Reed in the lineup? "It was obvious that EDWARDS isn't good enough without a supporting cast."

It is the NFL. There are no one man teams. This isn't the WWE.
                        Last edited by yordad; 07-25-2009, 11:25 AM.
                        "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                          • Mar 2005

Wow, this thread I wrote is soooo negative. I guess questioning whether a guy, who I had the opportunity to spend some time with socially, has the ability to prove he is the number one WR is outside the bounds of Billszone.

Comment

• yordad
                            • Dec 2007

Wow, this thread I wrote is soooo negative. I guess questioning whether a guy, who I had the opportunity to spend some time with socially, has the ability to prove he is the number one WR is outside the bounds of Billszone.
                            Did he fly you out to Cleveland?

Comment

• mayotm
                              • Jul 2003

Evans just spent two weeks at my house and said he loved the TO signing. Edwards spent a few weeks at my house also. He too loves the TO signing. Before that, I had Lynch and Jackson over. Is that good enough?
                              Last edited by mayotm; 07-25-2009, 12:15 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X