PDA

View Full Version : Ron Jaworski says Edwards will be "Tremendous"

BillsWin
07-25-2009, 11:12 AM
http://www.democratandchronicle.com/article/20090724/SPORTS03/907240322/1021/It-s-time-for-Edwards-to-shine-for-Buffalo-Bills

It made me feel just slightly better about the QB position. I really hope Edwards is our future because I really like the guy.

Ebenezer
07-25-2009, 11:15 AM
would have been interesting had he not suffered the concussion. probably set him back a full year.

Ed
07-25-2009, 11:38 AM
The opinion of Jaworski is definitely one I respect, so that's pretty cool.

HHURRICANE
07-25-2009, 11:42 AM
would have been interesting had he not suffered the concussion. probably set him back a full year.

Edwards himself did not blame his play on the concussion so I'm confused on why this keeps getting brought up. His play dropped off tremendously when Josh Reed got hurt and he had no one to throw to. His first game back from his concusiion he played great.

Boomstick
07-25-2009, 11:45 AM
As its been said a million and one times, if the line holds together, he should have a really good, if not great, year.

On a side note... Yeah, maybe it is "jell".

Ebenezer
Edwards himself did not blame his play on the concussion so I'm confused on why this keeps getting brought up. His play dropped off tremendously when Josh Reed got hurt and he had no one to throw to. His first game back from his concusiion he played great.
yes...Josh Reed is the key to the whole team...how dare I be so stupid.

TacklingDummy
The opinion of Jaworski is definitely one I respect, so that's pretty cool.
Jaws was high on Losman too.

HHURRICANE
07-25-2009, 11:46 AM
I think Edwards is the read deal. However, if the o-line plays poorly it'll be all over for Trent, especially on this board.

The o-line could be made up of Willy Wonka midgets and The QB always get's the blame. That's the way it works in the NFL.

I also believe that Jaworski thought Losman was going to be good as well after the 2006 season.

SquishDaFish
07-25-2009, 11:50 AM
:clap:

BillsWin
07-25-2009, 11:50 AM
Jaws was high on Losman too.

I dont remember him saying Losman would be a great QB. I remember him calling Losman a great athlete, with a rocket arm. as for accuracy and signal calling ability, I dont know.

HHURRICANE
07-25-2009, 11:54 AM
I dont remember him saying Losman would be a great QB. I remember him calling Losman a great athlete, with a rocket arm. as for accuracy and signal calling ability, I dont know.

He said he was going to grow into being "a good NFL QB".

Maybe Jaws meant UFL?

jamze132
07-25-2009, 12:49 PM
Maybe Jaws spent time with Lee Evans in the offseason too...

Stewie
07-25-2009, 02:16 PM
We have seen this topic before

for the record, I think edwards will be an outstanding qb too. As long as he's upright.

trapezeus
07-25-2009, 05:02 PM
i respect jaws opinion. no one breaks down film like him, but like another poster said, he was high on losman. So we'll see. i hope he's right though.

SABURZFAN
07-25-2009, 05:57 PM
i hope Jaws is right. i hope the OL can keep him protected from getting injured too. the jury is still out on him in bad weather games as well.

Hemlepp53
07-25-2009, 06:49 PM
Edwards himself did not blame his play on the concussion so I'm confused on why this keeps getting brought up.

Ever consider he didnt blame the poor play on the concussion because thats not what men do. I would of lost respect for him had he said "Ever since the concussion I have been a bit off my game." If that had been said he would of lost respect in the lockerroom and the medical staff would of been brought into question. He took it on the chin and I respect him for that. Hes not looking to make excuses or play the blame game.

The true test will be to see how well he does with weapons equivelant to Tom Brady and Kurt Warrner. We now have depth in WR so if one goes down we should have a stable back up.

Just my thoughts

Mike13
07-26-2009, 09:30 AM
The true test will be to see how well he does with weapons equivelant to Tom Brady and Kurt Warrner. We now have depth in WR so if one goes down we should have a stable back up.

Larry Fitzgerald is constantly in the top 10 for most drops?

JD
07-26-2009, 09:43 AM
He'll take us to the Supa bowllllll

acehole
07-26-2009, 10:30 AM

YEs sorry it has been established by the experts on the board that weapons dont mater to a qb's play or can not be taken into account. Sorry Hurrican excuses dont cut it.

I dont care what anyone says...he just has to stay heathy.

Nothing maters except staying heathy.

acehole
07-26-2009, 10:32 AM
i hope Jaws is right. i hope the OL can keep him protected from getting injured too. the jury is still out on him in bad weather games as well.

Yea oline not a factor either just the qb apparently.

Everthing on the qb this year. Precident has been set.

All eyes on Trend.

Oh and your mom.

SABURZFAN
07-26-2009, 10:58 AM
Yea oline not a factor either just the qb apparently.

Everthing on the qb this year. Precident has been set.

All eyes on Trend.

Oh and your mom.

your mom is still wiping out the facial she got out of her eyes. when she is done, she'll help you clean off your face too.

lmcshadow
07-26-2009, 09:34 PM
I think Edwards is the read deal. However, if the o-line plays poorly it'll be all over for Trent, especially on this board.

The o-line could be made up of Willy Wonka midgets and The QB always get's the blame. That's the way it works in the NFL.

I also believe that Jaworski thought Losman was going to be good as well after the 2006 season.
We all thought that....

madness
07-27-2009, 11:07 AM
Jaws said the "tremendous" statement is based on consistency. Something Edwards has not been as of yet. This is something we should see from him going into his third year though so this season will definitely tell us a lot.