PDA

View Full Version : confused on bills draft signees

trapezeus
07-26-2009, 11:07 AM
i realize we open camp a week early and that the signing process is in order of where you get picked. but the bills have left wood, levitre, maybe and byrd without contracts. these guys are supposedly what makes us better than last year.

i think the bills should go ahead and get contracts in order for these guys. they know where their pick status is and where they should be, thereabouts. you might overpay slightly, but we need levitre and wood in TC right now. we aren't in the same situation a the other 30 tgeams who get to start next week. they have no urgency to sign until friday. we do need these guys in to get their starting roles all sorted out.

have we learned nothing from the jason peters situation.

this makes me highly irritated.

TigerJ
07-26-2009, 11:49 AM
I feared this would be the case with the Bills' camp opening a week early. I don' expect these to be long holdouts though. There appears to be movement on a deal with Byrd. I think Levitre will get done in the next couple days. Maybin and Wood will get done as the players taken befor and after get signed

SABURZFAN
07-26-2009, 11:52 AM
i had a feeling this would happen with camp opening a week early. i'm not worried. as more signings take place, these guys will fall into line and be here.

madness
07-26-2009, 02:53 PM
a common misconception is that it's just the teams waiting for the market to be set and if they were proactive, they would set the market but it really falls upon the agents. All teams are trying to get their players in camp as fast as possible.

Some agents won't even start negotiations until enough picks around their client has been signed so they can make sure they're getting fair market value.