PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone who's been at camp tell me...

BillsWin
07-26-2009, 11:50 AM
How is Nelson doing? All news is about Owens and Trent. Lynch has been mentioned once, and Roscoe once. That is it. Even work we are only focusing on Owens. Most specifically his Vick comment. which is big news right now apparently.

I'd like to know how Nelson is doing and also Langston Walker. does he look quick? can he hold it down on the left side? What about Butler? These are things Chris Brown should be talking about.

Anyone with some new info out of John Fisher I know Id like to hear it.

ddaryl
07-26-2009, 12:27 PM
Lat time I heard Nelson was not picking it up quickly

However that being said.. I honestly think we will see real good things from Derek Fine.. who showed us some good tastes last season

Michael82
07-26-2009, 12:29 PM
Nelson just arrived in time for the afternoon practice yesterday and camp just began. Give it time. I'm sure he'll start getting some reps now.

Goobylal
07-26-2009, 02:07 PM
Apparently TO twittered (?) that the new TE (Nelson, he didn't know his name) looked good. That's encouraging.

BillsWin
07-26-2009, 02:15 PM
well TO has played with some good tight ends.

CoolBreeze
07-26-2009, 02:53 PM
I was there on Saturday afternoon. Nelson seemed alright. Schouman looked like he got the most work. T.O.'s TD catch was impressive. He was stride for stride with Youboty, then he turned on the jets, and caught the pass in stride. Nice throw by Trent. I must say Fitzpatrick and Hamden looked awful. Neither one could hit the broad side of a barn, from the inside. Trent looked sharp, except for 2 throws that I can remember. Drayton Florence was the most impressive DB from what I saw. Poz had nice INT. If the season is a reflection of the 2nd practice. WR, and RB core is awesome, however if Trent goes down, so does the season. I can honestly say, that I would rather have Vick, than Fitzpatrick or Hamden.

madness
07-26-2009, 02:55 PM
Lineup changes
<nobr>Shawn Nelsonhttp://www.buffalobills.com/assets/img/icon-article-link.gif (http://www.buffalobills.com/team/roster/shawn-nelson/0c51fa9f-d07c-4d8c-9d26-00298d65f3a1/)</nobr> predicted he’d see more reps than he did in his first practice Saturday afternoon after signing his contract and he was right. In fact Nelson was even sprinkled in with the first unit during 7-on-7 as he lined up at the traditional tight end spot on the line.
Nelson saw reps during 11-on-11 with the second and third teams at both tight end and split out wide. He did not pull in a reception in the Sunday morning practice.

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-3/practice-notes---day-2/2484048d-2ee1-49b3-a59e-602d862c1ea3

Michael82
07-26-2009, 04:38 PM
Wow! Nelson looks like a pretty good receiver. The Bills used him a lot in the afternoon practice and he caught everything. I will have more on this tomorrow morning when I get out of work. :ontome:

Night Train
07-26-2009, 04:43 PM
Nelson just arrived in time for the afternoon practice yesterday and camp just began. Give it time. I'm sure he'll start getting some reps now.

So he's had one practice.

Shouldn't PFT have an article out, calling him " Brutal " by now ?

Goobylal
07-26-2009, 05:02 PM
Wow! Nelson looks like a pretty good receiver. The Bills used him a lot in the afternoon practice and he caught everything. I will have more on this tomorrow morning when I get out of work. :ontome:
I can't wait that long!

ServoBillieves
07-26-2009, 05:17 PM
Nelsons turned some heads, and the offense that everyone is so afraid of being awful is tearing up. That being said everyone who said that our QB's behind Edwards are awful are right. Stat wise my buddy said it was INT's and missed passes across the board.

Lexwhat
07-26-2009, 10:55 PM
Nelsons turned some heads, and the offense that everyone is so afraid of being awful is tearing up.

For now, the Offensive Line is a huge question mark.

Let's wait till Opening Day, when we face Wilfork/Warren/Seymour and company.