• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sauce
    • Dec 2008

My camp Observations 7/ 27

My camp observations 7/27

OK just got back from SJF and it was hot and crowded...here are some random observations I made

- Steve Johnson was on the field but not in pads or participating for whatever reason

- It is a circus with TO there in regards to fan hype. You would think TO was mickey mouse himself the way kids were throwing around his name.

- TO is chisled at one point in the drills he took his white practice jersey off and just had the under armour shirt on. TO runs crisp routes and looked like he was giving 110% but def. walks with a certain swagger....I can see why the media portrays him the way they do.

- Poz looks bigger then ever

- Reggie Corner is the real deal....I remember the so called draft experts were knocking the Bills on this draft pick. Corner was manning the slot today and has a very nice pass break up on a slant route across the middle of the field. He was also the only player with pants on why I don't know it was very hot. Corner really stood out today.

- The Bills WR's looked fantastic...If the oline gives them time no team will be able to cover Evans,Owens and Reed together add in Parrish and Johnson for a 4 WR and 5 WR set and they will give D co's nightmares

- Lee Evans catches everything within his range, its almost as if he has sticky glue on his hands. Evans caught a nice 10-15 yard out that was thrown too high and leaped up and snatched it. Josh Reed was his usual self as most of his receptions were 8-10 yds. Rocsoe had very nice YAC on a reception over the middle where he would have taken it an extra 15 yards. TO caught a deep ball perfectly placed from Trent along the right sideline.

- John Wendling got OWNED on 1 on 1 drills...I was like who the hell is #21 and why is he on the ground every time (think he wore 29 before) sure enough it was Wendling

- I tried to watch D. Bell alot in drills he looks OK but prob needs a bit more time he got beat on the edge a few times. He looks like he was all the tools to be a succesful player though.

- I liked what I saw from C. Ellis. He had a couple problems shedding blocks but was very active and made a nice run stop beating his man on the edge and tackling the RB on a run to the opposite side of the line.

- Levitre looked OK as he worked some with the 1st team unit. Giving it was only his first day not gonna take a whole lot from this

- Ryan Fitz looked horrible. I still think the Bills have to sign a more dependable backup (Griese, Garcia) esp. considering Trent's durability issues. If Trent goes down based on what I saw today from Fitz and Hamdent the Bills are screwed.

- John McCargo looks like a new man....The new D line coach must have lit a fire under him because he looked like he was getting very good pressure in drills as well as Kyle Williams. Between Williams and Corner it looks like the Bills have been very good in the fifth round

- Shawn Nelson is a monster...His blocking was OK, kind of what I expected in 1 on 1 drills. They had him split out wide a few times running with the second team, good hands.

- Nic Harris was cracking players in the one on one drills liked what I saw. He is much bigger than I expected. CB seems to think he is the most realistic challenger to take over Ellison's spot. A.B.E

- Lyndell Sargent looks like a midget how is he in the NFL is beyond me

- George Wilson had a nice pick on a low ball thrown by Fitz...Wilson took it for a TD

- I would say the WR's got the best of the CB's in regards to the 1st team. McKelvin and McGee looked good but Trent had no problem completing 10yd passes. It was like McGee and McKelvin were stuck on the WR's or 1-2 yds off. I would really like to see each gamble more this year. It is like what we are so used to seeing, I really do not like there scheme. Why draft McKelvin if you are going to waste his talents having him give the WR's cushions? I guess alot of it has to do with the pass rush.

- The Bills worked on the no huddle

- Poz, Mitchell and Ellison showed alot of different looks

- Freddy Jackson was split out wide often

- Saw Stroud who was not practicing dude had a big lipper in MLB style

- Afterwards Edwards, McKinney, Chambers and a few other signed autographs. Edwards seemed to enjoy interacting with the fans.

- RW was in attendence and the fans gave him a loud cheer, Spiked would be angry....He drove up on a golf cart and talked to the players after the practice.
  • Prov401
    President of WADL (Whitner Anti-Defamation League)
    • Aug 2008

Re: My camp Observations 7/ 27

I'm excited to here the Corner and Mcargo are looking good thus far. I knew Fitz was/is/never will be a solid 2nd stringer in the NFL. Wasn't a fan of the signing at all, and I also think the Bills need to address the backup QB spot. Thanks for the report. How is Youboty looking?

Comment

• sauce
      • Dec 2008

Originally posted by TE2Hard-E81
      I'm excited to here the Corner and Mcargo are looking good thus far. I knew Fitz was/is/never will be a solid 2nd stringer in the NFL. Wasn't a fan of the signing at all, and I also think the Bills need to address the backup QB spot. Thanks for the report. How is Youboty looking?
      Youboty looked pretty good....the only play that sticks out is on a sideline pass from Fitz he defended in nicely knocking the ball away. He looked beat but made up some ground

Comment

• Nighthawk
        Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo!
        • Jul 2002

Garcia signed with Oakland...a looooooong time ago.

Comment

• Hemlepp53
          • Jul 2004

Originally posted by sauce
          My camp observations 7/27

OK just got back from SJF and it was hot and crowded...here are some random observations I made.
          appericate the up date Sauce... Thanks brother
          @Hemlepp53

Comment

• The last buffalo fan
            I told the pet store guy "How else am I supposed to get the mouse out of my ass?"
            • Sep 2004

Gracias por su esfuerzo y por su tiempo!

Thanks for your time and effort!
            The Mexican & too!!

- Adriano & Emiliano, the next Villa & Zapata. Viva Mexico, cabrones!!! -

Comment

• EDS
              • Jan 2003

Did Steve Johnson get injured?

Comment

• kid mickey
                • Apr 2009

Originally posted by EDS
                Did Steve Johnson get injured?
                Yea cracked cartilage in his ribs or something to that extent. He is going to be out for a few weeks. Looks like Roscoe won't be relinquishing his role just yet.
                Biggest Donte Whitner supporter on this entire message board...Maybe biggest Donte Whitner fan ever...Wish there was a white throwback out that I could get of you guessed it #20...

Comment

• Owen DeBoard
                  • Sep 2007

Originally posted by Nighthawk
                  Garcia signed with Oakland...a looooooong time ago.
                  Yeah he did and even if he didnt him and T.O. dont exactly get along anyway so he wouldnt be here anyway.
                  To be the man you got to beat the man!

Comment

• Pinkerton Security
                    Pinkerton's son
                    • Feb 2006

I feel like Corner is gonna be the next Terrence McGee...has natural ability

Comment

• ServoBillieves
                      The Voice of Reason
                      • Jul 2007

Heard Stevie's injury isn't too serious, coaches just don't want to risk it. Non-contact injury, shame cause he could've made strides to the 3rd or 4th spot easily this camp if he lived up to last years potential.
                      Bye Bye Brady...

Comment

• Goobylal
                        • Jan 2004

Rib cartilage seps can be nasty, painful, and lingering. Let him rest.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                          • Mar 2005

Awesome!! Thank you.

Levitre scares me because he looked crappy during mini-camp.

Comment

• yordad
                            • Dec 2007

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
                            Awesome!! Thank you.

Were you checking out his physique?
                            "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

• Michael82
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
                              Awesome!! Thank you.

ANYTHING is better than Kirk Chambers at LG!

Comment

Working...
                              X