X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kid mickey
    • Apr 2009

My take on Owens Speaking out about Vick

Hey guys, haven't been blogging here lately. Anyway thought I would drop this one on you and see If we can spark some convo.

Okay, this is something interesting to chew on: Mike Vick in a Buffalo Bills uniform. There has been plenty of talk as to where Mike Vick will end up for the 2009 season, and so far the experts ...
    Biggest Donte Whitner supporter on this entire message board...Maybe biggest Donte Whitner fan ever...Wish there was a white throwback out that I could get of you guessed it #20...
  • X-Era
    What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
    • Feb 2005

Re: My take on Owens Speaking out about Vick

I have an aching feeling Vick to B-lo is picking up steam.

I hate what it means for this franchise that has prided itself of character for so long.

But, I admit that he brings another dimension to a team that needs weapons. Certainly in the Wildcat.

One issue is how it might affect Trent or Trent's development. We need him on 3rd downs, we need him to develop a better ability to move the chains. Putting Vick in might hurt that.

I like what he adds as a backup... Fitz stinks. But we would need a whole different offense for Vick as opposed to a pocket passer like Edwards.
    Last edited by X-Era; 07-27-2009, 06:26 PM.

Comment

• X-Era
      What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
      • Feb 2005

Mort just linked us to Vick.

Comment

• kid mickey
        • Apr 2009

Of course he is going to link us to Vick. There is a lot of talk picking up about it. Doesn't mean it will happen, but it is interesting. I would go for it. Why not? I'd rather have Vick than Fitzpatrick should Edwards go down.
        Biggest Donte Whitner supporter on this entire message board...Maybe biggest Donte Whitner fan ever...Wish there was a white throwback out that I could get of you guessed it #20...

Comment

• Michael82
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by EdwardsEra

Comment

• jamesiscool
            suck it fool.
            • Feb 2007

Originally posted by kid mickey
            Of course he is going to link us to Vick. There is a lot of talk picking up about it. Doesn't mean it will happen, but it is interesting. I would go for it. Why not? I'd rather have Vick than Fitzpatrick should Edwards go down.
            If what everyone is saying about fitz is true then I would much rather see just about anyone at QB2 than him. Edwards hasnt had the best of injury track records and seeing someone underperform with stellar wr's around him would be an amazing waste of talent.
            Sec 241 row 12 seat 23

Comment

• The Popcorn
              Cincinatti > Buffalo
              • Jun 2009

Everybody in Buffalo better hide their dogs.
              The Popcorn and Terrell Owens are coming to a town near you.

Comment

• Pride
                • Jul 2002

Anyone who owns or loves dogs should be 100% against any Vick signing in Buffalo.

Comment

• kid mickey
                  • Apr 2009

Originally posted by Pride
                  Anyone who owns or loves dogs should be 100% against any Vick signing in Buffalo.
                  Why? He did his time for it. You are going to condemn a man for the rest of his life for past deeds? What if he never harms a dog again? What if he sets up a charity for abused animals? He can't redeem himself?

Comment

• kid mickey
                    • Apr 2009

Originally posted by jamesiscool
                    If what everyone is saying about fitz is true then I would much rather see just about anyone at QB2 than him. Edwards hasnt had the best of injury track records and seeing someone underperform with stellar wr's around him would be an amazing waste of talent.
                    I couldn't agree with you more. Hopefully either Fitz steps up or Buffalo does bring in a guy like Vick. Either way with Vick I think he brings more than just a back-up QB role. He can play receiver and even RB in certain situations. It's all about versatility. He can bring more than one aspect to the game. It can't hurt to bring him in.

Comment

• sdbillsfan2
                      • Apr 2005

I have an aching feeling Vick to B-lo is picking up steam.

I hate what it means for this franchise that has prided itself of character for so long.
                      agreed !!! nobody has waiting longer then I have for that SB trophy to belong to the Bills, but if it means having Vick................... I think I'd rather wait a few years longer!
                      According to many posters here, we have talent at QB , and the Rb positions already . If we can't figure out how to get the most from them, what makes anyone so sure we'd be able to getting anything out of Vick. I remember more then a few SBs when the Falcons were at home watching the game the same as the Bills. The Falcons seemed to have decent year last year, all this without VICK .
                      I don't see any rings on his fingers. Sorry , weather or not he's paid his debt is no longer relevant . I never thought he was that bright to begin with.
                      It's one thing to lose Super Bowls, it's another thing to lose respect, self-respect included.

" I'd try to see things from your point of view but..........there's only room up your a** for one head ! "

Comment

• kid mickey
                        • Apr 2009

Prided itself with character? Are you serious? The Bills of the 90's were by no means of the utmost character. They had guys on there squad who had their faults and egos. So don't make this about character. It's about winning and dang it if it isn't. Vick did his time. He made his choices if he can help this team than I would put him on this team.

Comment

• sdbillsfan2
                          • Apr 2005

Originally posted by kid mickey
                          Prided itself with character? Are you serious? .

I'm serious. !!! Pride, self respect, character, self worth, mean a whole lot more to me then selling out . Basically , I see people selling out because they think somebody who hasn't brought his past teams any success , will do so in B-lo.
                          Do we need help at Qb ? damn right we do. I think we need much more then what we have today. But Mike Vick? Sorry , after watching Bills games for 49 years, that's where I draw the line .

" I'd try to see things from your point of view but..........there's only room up your a** for one head ! "

Comment

• kid mickey
                            • Apr 2009

So you watched the team of the 90's and said wow our super stars have a hell of a lot of character? If you did that I'm going to laugh at the irony. Its well known fact that those guys had issues. If you looked the other way with those guys, you could surely look the other way with Vick now couldn't you?

Comment

• jamze132
                              Don’t hate…
                              • Jun 2003

Vick could help us win more games than Fitzpatrick. I'm on the Vick bandwagon.

Besides, do you guys have any idea how much more exposure our team would have nationally if we had Vick and TO next year? It might be easier to keep the team in Buffalo if we are a winning organization that is making a profit.

Comment

Working...
                              X