PDA

View Full Version : Bills @ Panthers Information

don137
07-27-2009, 06:31 PM
My buddy is the head of the Charlotte Bills Backers Club. He asked me to pass this on to fellow Bills fans that are planning on attending the Bills-Panthers game in Charlotte. I know its early but they only have 50 rooms reserved if you prefer to stay uptown and its right next to the stadium. From my understanding a lot of people from a few Bills Backers Clubs is coming into town for this game so there will be a ton of Bills fans at the game.

I may be able to get a couple extra tickets to that game if you do not already have tickets.
Don

Here is the note from Ed:

HI FELLOW BILLS FANS: If you're coming to Charlotte for the Bills vs. Panthers...here is the pre-game party and hotel info:

SATURDAY NIGHT: A pre-game party has been planned at:

The Township Grille (5:30pm to close)

10400 Independence Blvd., Independence, NC. Tel: 704-847-2480

This is the Charlotte Bills Backers official game viewing location. The bar can hold 175 people. Great Wings, Fish Fry, and Beef on Weck. It's a direct route from downtown (about 20 min.drive).

SUNDAY MORNING TAILGATE:

The Township Grille

10400 Independence Blvd., Matthews, NC. Tel: 704-847-2480

The day of the game we will have a buffet of wings, hot dogs, ziti meatball, salads, chips and 2 drink tickets for beer, tea, and soda. Plus, beverages on the bus for tailgating at the game. The Buffet will be from 11am to 2pm and then we have hired buses to carry everyone to and from the game. The cost of tailgate party and bus will be $45.00ea.Call the Township directly to reserve your spot - 704-847-2480. If you don't want to ride the bus..ask about a "party only" price.

HOTELS:

We have blocked rooms at:

The Hampton Inn

9515 Independence Blvd., Independence, NC. Reservations: 704-841-1155

This is a suburban location about 2 blocks from the Township Grill and 20 mins. from downtown. Call direct for reservations and request Code BBG - $89 per night. This rate is good until Oct 1.

As an alternative for those visiting fans who would prefer to stay in downtown Charlotte closer to the stadium, we have negotiated a great rate at:

Marriott Courtyard City Center (4 blocks from the Stadium)

237 S. Tyron Street, Charlotte, NC. Reservations: 704-926-5800 or 888-839-1758.

The Buffalo Bills Fans rate is $115 per night including free wi-fi. We have only blocked 50 rooms so please call early. This rate is good until Sept 30.

This is the only hotel close to the stadium that also has an outdoor pool area -ideal for those fans who want to gather and celebrate before or after the game. Like some other cities, this stadium is not suited for traditional tailgating, so the outdoor pool could be a great location to meet with fellow fans from the Pinto Kenny/Aussie/NY/West Coast Backers group

The B of A stadium is in the city center of Charlotte surrounded by many restaurants, bars, shops etc. So you have a big choice of activities right within walking distance..

At this time, we are looking for an additional location for a Saturday night party downtown. We urge you to support the Saturday night party at the Township Grille. Yes - they might be a little further from the city center, but we can share cabs from downtown. However, because they cannot accommodate more than 175 people and we have often had 200-400 at our Saturday night parties, we may need to arrange for a 2nd location. Watch this site for more announcements or email us in early October.

See you in Charlotte! Let's go Buffalo!

Aussie Diane (Dallas Bills Backers) aussiew@aol.com

Ed Elley (Charlotte Bills Backers) eelley1776@yahoo.com

BlackMetalNinja
07-27-2009, 06:48 PM
Thanks Don, I think I'm going to make it after all, though I'll likely just come down in the morning on gameday and head back here right afterwards. Let me know if you do have any spare tickets, I'd definitely be interested, and I could probably use 2 even.

Pinkerton Security
07-27-2009, 07:40 PM
I was almost gonna go to this game with my cousin who lives in Cary, BC but I will be traveling to Vegas and San Diego the week before on vaca, and the extra cash id have to spend to fly from San Diego to Raleigh, then get the ticket and then fly home to Albany would be a little much

Joe Fo Sho
07-27-2009, 07:58 PM
I was almost gonna go to this game with my cousin who lives in Cary, BC but I will be traveling to Vegas and San Diego the week before on vaca, and the extra cash id have to spend to fly from San Diego to Raleigh, then get the ticket and then fly home to Albany would be a little much

Geez, he didn't ask for your whole life story...

Besides, after a trip to vegas, you should be able to afford a whole airplane that can fly you anywhere. Have you never gambled before???

ServoBillieves
07-27-2009, 08:38 PM
I'm accompanying 60 other Bills fans to that game from out of state (out of Carolina), and I'll pass the word to them. Thanks for the insight don!

tampabay25690
07-28-2009, 08:01 AM
I have a group of at least 20 going to the game

BlackMetalNinja
07-28-2009, 08:08 AM
Sounds like a chance to meet up for a lot out of state Zoners! Hope to see some of you there!

ajgoff1286
07-28-2009, 08:11 AM
I'll be there, but I don't know if I'm going to partake in the $45 for the tailgating party. Poor college kid here

Don't Panic
07-28-2009, 09:38 AM
Great stuff, Don. Thanks for sharing. I will be there, one way or another.

don137
07-28-2009, 09:40 AM
Yes, from talking to people there are going to be a ton of Bills fans there. we will definitely have to meet up. I have not decided if I am going to do the tailgate or just meet them uptown by the stadium. As a season ticket holder of the Panthers I can attest tailgating is scattered everywhere. I have a few spots I like to tailgate.

BlackMetalNinja
07-28-2009, 11:06 AM
Yes, from talking to people there are going to be a ton of Bills fans there. we will definitely have to meet up. I have not decided if I am going to do the tailgate or just meet them uptown by the stadium. As a season ticket holder of the Panthers I can attest tailgating is scattered everywhere. I have a few spots I like to tailgate.You'll have to keep me in the loop on that as well. I've never been there and will have no clue where to go otherwise!

don137
07-28-2009, 11:35 AM
You'll have to keep me in the loop on that as well. I've never been there and will have no clue where to go otherwise!

Yes, I will be in touch with you on where things are and where I will be tailgating.

DBrown77
07-29-2009, 10:58 AM
I live in Charlotte and got tickets off of Stubhub. We got 12 in a row. Tickets become available August 1st, but chances of getting them are probably Slim. I heard there are only about 7,000 available and the local paper said this is one of the games it will be hard to get tickets to due to the transplants from NY.

if you are coming with a group make sure you get tickets before paying for hotel rooms etc. because they will be hard to get. if your in a small group just scalp them and find a group of empty seats and meet up.

DBrown77
07-29-2009, 10:59 AM
Oh yeah, Theres also a Bills bar called Tavern on the Tracks thats walking distance to the stadium with great food also!

don137
07-29-2009, 12:20 PM
I live in Charlotte and got tickets off of Stubhub. We got 12 in a row. Tickets become available August 1st, but chances of getting them are probably Slim. I heard there are only about 7,000 available and the local paper said this is one of the games it will be hard to get tickets to due to the transplants from NY.

if you are coming with a group make sure you get tickets before paying for hotel rooms etc. because they will be hard to get. if your in a small group just scalp them and find a group of empty seats and meet up.

Tickets for PSL owner went on sale yesterday. Today Bank of America Associates get the chance to buy them. What is left goes on sale to the public 8/1. As of yesterday afternoon their were tickets still available.
I may be able to get a few tickets for some people but I will not know until a few weeks.

JD
07-29-2009, 06:24 PM
As stated in my other thread... a buddy of mine passed this along to me:

"Bank of America Stadium is located in Charlotte, NC. Sales to this event will be restricted to residents of North and South Carolina. Residency will be based on credit card billing address. Orders by residents outside of the Carolinas will be canceled without notice and refunds given."

don137
07-29-2009, 06:58 PM
As stated in my other thread... a buddy of mine passed this along to me:

"Bank of America Stadium is located in Charlotte, NC. Sales to this event will be restricted to residents of North and South Carolina. Residency will be based on credit card billing address. Orders by residents outside of the Carolinas will be canceled without notice and refunds given."

I don't think it will matter. When I checked this afternoon tyou couldn't get four seats together. You could only get two or one seats together. My guess it will sell out before it goes on sale to the public Saturday or if they do have any it will be in the top rows in the corners or endzone.

tampabay25690
07-29-2009, 07:54 PM
I guess I am going to a tailgate that is 1 block from the stadium at a friends house....

Looking forward to it though..
Im making a mini vacation out of it...
Heading from TAMPA Wed head to Savannah GA for a few days, then off to Columbia, SC to see my roomate from College, then off to Greensboro to my friends and staying there..