PDA

View Full Version : Would you like Vick to be a Bill?

X-Era
07-27-2009, 07:24 PM
Personally Im a no, what say you?

M
07-27-2009, 07:39 PM
Um, no. Why are we still asking this question?? He's a disgusting human being and not that great of a QB.

X-Era
07-27-2009, 07:40 PM
Um, no. Why are we still asking this question?? He's a disgusting human being and not that great of a QB.

Well, not everyone agrees, it seems several people wouldn't mind him and would vote yes.

X-Era
07-27-2009, 07:42 PM
Now Florence is in the mix:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/07/27/florence-wants-the-bills-to-chase-vick/

Joe Fo Sho
07-27-2009, 07:43 PM
If he could help this team get to the playoffs, then yes. When I went to training camp, I saw the Bills practicing the option with Roscoe at QB and Lynch and Jackson at RB in a 2 RB shotgun formation. I don't know how Vick wouldn't be able to dominate in this role. One of the big reasons the NFL doesn't run the option is cuz the QB has potential to get horribly injured, put Vick as QB and let him get drilled as he laterals to Lynch for the TD...

Typ0
07-27-2009, 07:45 PM
forget about the playoffs. Let's win a championship.

X-Era
07-27-2009, 07:47 PM
If he could help this team get to the playoffs, then yes. When I went to training camp, I saw the Bills practicing the option with Roscoe at QB and Lynch and Jackson at RB in a 2 RB shotgun formation. I don't know how Vick wouldn't be able to dominate in this role. One of the big reasons the NFL doesn't run the option is cuz the QB has potential to get horribly injured, put Vick as QB and let him get drilled as he laterals to Lynch for the TD...
I think hes a logical Wildcat option.

I dont like what he would bring off the field, but I like what he would bring on the field.

The only way it would work is if the fans embraced him. I just cant see that. TO had been labeled a jerk, but not a felon. The TO experiment has gone swimmingly, but he hasnt watched us play the games yet.

If the fans could keep the negativity at bay on this guy it could work. The mdia will be relentless in pursuing him and trying to make his life hell.

I could see the Jets actually.

X-Era
07-27-2009, 07:50 PM
Dont forget this link either:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/05/19/keep-an-eye-on-buffalo-as-a-mike-vick-destination/

Joe Fo Sho
07-27-2009, 07:51 PM

I dont like what he would bring off the field, but I like what he would bring on the field.

The only way it would work is if the fans embraced him. I just cant see that. TO had been labeled a jerk, but not a felon. The TO experiment has gone swimmingly, but he hasnt watched us play the games yet.

True true, but I'm getting kind of sick of the whole "off the field" issues. I still think OJ was a hell of a RB...

I mean, if the police were in the right place at the right time, I'd have been locked in jail on several different occasions.

If he can get us 1 more win, sign him. Who would we have to cut anyway? Hamdan? I would rather get rid of Fitz first though.

X-Era
07-27-2009, 07:52 PM
Its also interesting that Chris Brown hasnt weighed in on this yet. He often will make a statement about stuff like this, Im sure hes heard TO, and I'm sure he knows fans are clamoring.

If this was an emphatic no, I would think he would quickly put out the fire.

Typ0
07-27-2009, 07:52 PM
He's just about the least possible person to bring anything negative off the field and the only effect that would have would be his being kicked out of the league. There is literally no risk other than to have to walk through a PETA line once and a while and those people are irrational fanatics.

If the fans could keep the negativity at bay on this guy it could work. The mdia will be relentless in pursuing him and trying to make his life hell.

X-Era
07-27-2009, 08:11 PM
So far, 78% say yes on BB.com while 57% here say no....

LtFinFan66
07-27-2009, 08:14 PM
So far, 78% say yes on BB.com while 57% here say no....probably a higher percentage since one of the yes votes on here was me

X-Era
07-27-2009, 08:15 PM
I found this commentary on Vick interesting:

http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/billsnfl/story/681217.html

X-Era
07-27-2009, 08:26 PM
probably a higher percentage since one of the yes votes on here was me

I gotta figure, as a Fin fan, that would mean youd love to see him screw us up here... true?

kid mickey
07-27-2009, 08:27 PM
I voted yes. He can bring something to this offense. He wouldn't be a starter, but he could be an awesome slash player. Buffalo is an excellent place to redeem yourself.

realdealryan
07-27-2009, 08:28 PM
Personal feelings aside, this mirrors my thought on the scheme/skill side of the debate:

"Two years away from the game at his age can erode skills and if he has slipped so would the Bills’ desire to add him. "

"If the football deep thinkers decide they have enough on their plate....then adding even more plays and formations to accommodate Vick would be a burden."

kid mickey
07-27-2009, 08:37 PM
Now Florence is in the mix:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/07/27/florence-wants-the-bills-to-chase-vick/

The breaking news while insightful is incorrect on the last bit, Whitner seems to support him, as does Owens, Mitchell and Wilson. I'm sure there are other guys on the team that wouldn't mind him donning a Bills jersey.

X-Era
07-27-2009, 08:42 PM
Personal feelings aside, this mirrors my thought on the scheme/skill side of the debate:

"Two years away from the game at his age can erode skills and if he has slipped so would the Bills’ desire to add him. "

"If the football deep thinkers decide they have enough on their plate....then adding even more plays and formations to accommodate Vick would be a burden."

One angle on this is how close we are to having our season go through the crapper if Edwards gets hurt.

I have zero faith in Fitz or Hamdan.

Vick is a better option than both and could help us in other ways.

Tiburon1724
07-27-2009, 08:46 PM
not as a QB, but he could be an asset in other positions for sure

Mr. Pink
07-27-2009, 08:47 PM
If Vick still is able to play football, and i don't see why not, then yes I'd welcome him with open arms.

After all, football is a sport and business. Personal feelings of players doesn't matter. Wins and Losses matter. The bottomline matters. If he's still a player he will help in both of those avenues.

X-Era
07-27-2009, 08:49 PM
If Vick still is able to play football, and i don't see why not, then yes I'd welcome him with open arms.

After all, football is a sport and business. Personal feelings of players doesn't matter. Wins and Losses matter. The bottomline matters. If he's still a player he will help in both of those avenues.

No issue with the huge circus like atmosphere in Buff with TO and Vick?

ServoBillieves
07-27-2009, 08:52 PM

Probly one of the smartest posts I've seen in quite some time regarding Mike Vick.

Every feeling aside, from a business perspective it's good, but from a pride perspective it stings.

JD
07-27-2009, 08:55 PM
Start him at fullback

JD
07-27-2009, 08:56 PM
Can you imagine the peta protesters at every bills game? :rofl:

X-Era
07-27-2009, 08:57 PM
Well, if you look at the vote as a total of who is NOT against it, the majority so far is not against it.

X-Era
07-27-2009, 08:57 PM
Id throw raw meat at those freaks.

TigerJ
07-27-2009, 08:59 PM
A while ago I would have been a solid, "No!" The reports out of training camp about the performance of Fitz and Hamdan have not been very encouraging however. It can be argued there is a need. The question is whether or not Vick can run the Bills's offense as presently constituted, or would he need an package of offensive plays taylored for his unique skill set? Yes, he could come in and run the Wildcat for a few plays and put some real fear in defenses because of his athleticism. But can he manage a complete game plan built around Edwards' abilities and win a game? Brian Griese might be a better fit. I answered "Maybe."

ServoBillieves
07-27-2009, 09:01 PM
Id throw raw meat at those freaks.

I'd cut a chickens head off then let it run in to their swarm.

Mr. Pink
07-27-2009, 10:35 PM
No issue with the huge circus like atmosphere in Buff with TO and Vick?

It would add exposure to the franchise.

We've been basically forgotten on the national scene since the superbowl years.

If they bring Ws who cares about the circus, it'll change from looks of shock and awe to holy crap, they're a good football team.

kid mickey
07-27-2009, 10:39 PM
I'm surprised nobody has posted a picture of a mauled dog on here yet. They got them all over bbmb

yordad
07-27-2009, 11:18 PM
I say no cause my woman would stop watching games with me. :(

Michael82
07-28-2009, 12:17 AM
Not just no....HELL NO! He is a disgusting human being and a piece of ****. He wasn't even that great of a QB. Now he's missed two full seasons, plus will miss some of this season. I don't want him anywhere near Buffalo, unless he's on the opponent's team.

jcdavey
07-28-2009, 01:08 AM
personally i think whoever picks him up, will make him a rb/wr ala sproles

i think he'd be much more dangerous in that position, than he would as a qb who just missed 2 years of football

Michael82
07-28-2009, 01:57 AM
We don't need another WR or RB...

Preacher
07-28-2009, 03:44 AM
Let's stop and think about it for a second.

1. He has paid his debt to society. Do I like teh guy personally? Nope. But I don't like My OLB in James Harrison either (slapped his baby-momma cause she was causing problems for him, he was trying to take their son TO A BAPTISM). However, they both have come clean, and now the best thing is to pick up and move on in life. That part is over.

2. Is he a better QB for the BIlls? Honestly, I have no idea. I don't think anyone does. However, how many other teams are going to be giving him contracts? SF maybe? Most others will be as a second or third stringer, or in a different position. Offer him the opportunity to come and and compete straight up for the number 1 job. See if he can do it, if not, then switch him around.

3. Beware of the problems. If he is getting most of the attention, T.O. may act out.

4. If he WAS able to be the QB he was previously, and TO is able to be the receiver he was previously, well, is that worth the attempt?

5. Is QB all you need to push you over the edge into being a playoff team? If so, then grab him. BUt if not, then why waste time with him when you should be focused on rebuilding and training the QB and line and receivers to work together.

Just some odd thoughts for you all...

X-Era
07-28-2009, 05:41 AM
So, BB.com has it at 101 to 89 in favor, we have it as 31 no's and 26 maybe to yes's...

Total those up and you get 127 maybe/yes to 120 flat out no.

Wheres EB?

Let the majority decide!

:couch:

X-Era
07-28-2009, 06:21 AM
No we know why Jim Kelly doesnt like Vick:

http://www.highbeam.com/doc/1P1-40395242.html

mybills
07-28-2009, 06:23 AM
Would he even take a back up job?

Watch out Billy!

X-Era
07-28-2009, 06:27 AM
Would he even take a back up job?

Watch out Billy!

He has little to no say and will take whatever he can get.

People keep linking us to Vick:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/07/27/AR2009072702756.html

mybills
07-28-2009, 06:35 AM
He has little to no say and will take whatever he can get.

Then he may play for the Rams.

Jan Reimers
07-28-2009, 06:50 AM
I think the signing of Vick would be bad for team chemistry, bad for Edwards' confidence, and a bad PR move for the team. And make no mistake about, he's going to play QB - not RB or WR - for whatever team that takes him.

So when you consider him, stop pipe dreaming about him being our next great RB or WR, and think about how his QB skills fit with the Bills. We are probably as deep or deeper at RB and WR as any position on the team. Why, then, do we need a running QB who can't really utilize his receivers properly, because of his "run first" attitude and an inaccurate arm.

Jan Reimers
07-28-2009, 07:01 AM
In other words, just like Trent, our backup QB should be adept at handing the ball off to Lynch, Jackson, and Rhodes, and throwing it accurately to Evans, Owens, Reed, Parrish, Johnson et. al. Vick's helter-skelter approach is not conducive to long term success.

tampabay25690
07-28-2009, 07:31 AM
I say yes.
If it makes the team better why not...

yordad
07-28-2009, 07:41 AM
I believe Vick will make this team win more games.

But, I still don't want him.

CoolBreeze
07-28-2009, 08:07 AM
Yes... Much better option than Fitz or Hamden. They both belong in the NFL as much as I do. Greise wouldn't be a bad option either. I'm more confused with those that call him a digusting human being. I've sitting here thinking of those who donned the Bills uniform in my 40 years, who weren't nice people, yet nobody remembers them. In fact they cheered for them, because they were good. Sure dogfighting is wrong, but isn't it odd, that we condemn that, but we'll watch human beings beat each other to a pulp. Let's see what other wonderful Bills we've had...

Travis Henry- Scumbag drug dealer, father of 11 or so kids.
Willis McGahee- Looser fathering kids as well, lazy, no heart
Bruce Smith- DRUNK, Never honored 1 contract he ever signed, convicted of multiple DWI's (could have killed people)
O.J. Simpson- Wait he was acquitted
I believe Andre Reed and Thurman Thomas had domestic issues.
Even Jim Kelly started out his career, known as a heavy partyer, and once was suspended for drug use.
Look at the current roster.. Lynch, Simpson, Whitner, McIntyre, all made the news with their antics.

X-Era
07-28-2009, 08:29 AM
Just for the record, I think its very very interesting that we are working on 24 hours since Vick was re-instated and we have heard NOTHING from Chris Brown on this. He usually makes some sort of statement on players that become available, especially when its a big story, and especially when we are publicly being linked with the situation.

Yet... nothing from him.

mybills
07-28-2009, 08:33 AM
Zoners, please join hands and pray.

Dear God, please keep Trent healthy all year long. Especially if our team decides to sign Michael Vick.
Amen.

Michael82
07-28-2009, 08:33 AM
Just for the record, I think its very very interesting that we are working on 24 hours since Vick was re-instated and we have heard NOTHING from Chris Brown on this. He usually makes some sort of statement on players that become available, especially when its a big story, and especially when we are publicly being linked with the situation.

Yet... nothing from him.
Tell me about it. Nothing from Russ either. This scares the crap out of me.... :ill:

Mahdi
07-28-2009, 08:50 AM
Personally Im a no, what say you?
Vick can really help us on those days when throwing the ball becomes impossible. Plus if we dont sign him the thought of the Dolphins or Pats getting him makes me uncomfortable.

mybills
07-28-2009, 08:53 AM
Vick can really help us on those days when throwing the ball becomes impossible.
That's what our rb's are for.

Mahdi
07-28-2009, 08:54 AM
That's what our rb's are for.
Thats very predictable as we saw against the Pats and Browns 2 years ago. If you have a QB like Vick you cant key on the RBs. The Falcons lived off of 3 plays when they led the league in rushing.

X-Era
07-28-2009, 09:03 AM
Tell me about it. Nothing from Russ either. This scares the crap out of me.... :ill:

If they were an definite no, Chris would have made a comment already.

Im hoping the press, presses Dick J into commenting on him today.

Im telling ya, this thing has legs.

justasportsfan
07-28-2009, 09:20 AM
he'll make this team better by creating a qb controversy?

justasportsfan
07-28-2009, 09:22 AM
Vick can really help us on those days when throwing the ball becomes impossible. Plus if we dont sign him the thought of the Dolphins or Pats getting him makes me uncomfortable.
we have 3 rb's who are very capable. Vick will just piss off the rb's ,Lee and TO when he'd rather run the ball.

X-Era
07-28-2009, 09:28 AM
he'll make this team better by creating a qb controversy?

I dont think, in year one of his return, he can create much controversy. He isnt likely to get back into the swing of the NFL and be able to be a full time starter in his first year IMO.

Furthermore, Edwards is prone to injury as we know. It would be nice to have someone who might win games other than just throwing the season away with Fitz or Hamdan.

And, this is Dick's last chance in all likelihood to get to the playoffs. If he goes, and Trent hasnt developed much more, Trent may follow him. At that point, its a new coach, and likely a new QB. Wouldnt it be nice to have a real possibility for the 2010 season at QB already on the roster if Trent fails?

Its an option. It adds some options. I dont want this to happen, but there is real reasoning behind the thought.

yordad
07-28-2009, 09:29 AM
Look at the current roster.. Lynch, Simpson, Whitner, McIntyre, all made the news with their antics.What did McIntyre do?

Jan Reimers
07-28-2009, 09:33 AM
What did McIntyre do?
He was a black guy who was in the wrong place at the wrong time.

justasportsfan
07-28-2009, 09:35 AM
So, BB.com has it at 101 to 89 in favor, we have it as 31 no's and 26 maybe to yes's...

bb.com blows.

BAM
07-28-2009, 09:35 AM
I can't say I'd mind it! Depending on his position. I want to see what Trent has to offer first.

justasportsfan
07-28-2009, 09:37 AM
I dont think, in year one of his return, he can create much controversy. He isnt likely to get back into the swing of the NFL and be able to be a full time starter in his first year IMO.

Furthermore, Edwards is prone to injury as we know. It would be nice to have someone who might win games other than just throwing the season away with Fitz or Hamdan.

And, this is Dick's last chance in all likelihood to get to the playoffs. If he goes, and Trent hasnt developed much more, Trent may follow him. At that point, its a new coach, and likely a new QB. Wouldnt it be nice to have a real possibility for the 2010 season at QB already on the roster if Trent fails?

Its an option. It adds some options. I dont want this to happen, but there is real reasoning behind the thought.

How do you know? What if he plays as well as Trent? It's easy to say he won't do this or that but it'll screw up team chemistry.we fans can't even make up our mind now. Haven't you learned for the DF/RJ , Trent/JP experience yet?

Successful teams lately ,haven't needed a Vick type of qb.

Don't forget we also have a coach who can't make up his mind.

Jan Reimers
07-28-2009, 09:49 AM
We should all get one thing straight. Vick is NOT going to play any position but QB in the NFL, except possibly the occasional slash-type play. Please, stop hoping that he is going to be a WR or RB for us. His success comes from being a QB who can use his athleticism to scramble and run. The whole element of spontaneity would be lost if he were to change positions.

If you think he can be a valuable QB here, fine. I disagree, but at least we know what we are getting.

X-Era
07-28-2009, 10:01 AM
Add one more reporter linking us:

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/30856273/ns/sports-nfl//

X-Era
07-28-2009, 10:03 AM
How do you know? What if he plays as well as Trent? It's easy to say he won't do this or that but it'll screw up team chemistry.we fans can't even make up our mind now. Haven't you learned for the DF/RJ , Trent/JP experience yet?

Successful teams lately ,haven't needed a Vick type of qb.

Don't forget we also have a coach who can't make up his mind.

I see him strictly, at least for this year, as a backup who could run the Wildcat and give us another threat... thats it. And, IMO, its not enough to warrant the crap that will come with him. Which includes the possibility of a divided locker room.

Mahdi
07-28-2009, 10:11 AM
we have 3 rb's who are very capable. Vick will just piss off the rb's ,Lee and TO when he'd rather run the ball.
YESSS I realize we have 3 RBs but 3 RBs still only provide 1 DIMENSION, 1 POSSIBILITY.

Vick provides a second dimension to defend other than the hand-off to the RB. One that defenses have to respect.

John Gruden said it himself. Vick faking the hand-off and running backside kept him up at night.

justasportsfan
07-28-2009, 10:14 AM
YESSS I realize we have 3 RBs but 3 RBs still only provide 1 DIMENSION, 1 POSSIBILITY.

Vick provides a second dimension to defend other than the hand-off to the RB. One that defenses have to respect.

John Gruden said it himself. Vick faking the hand-off and running backside kept him up at night.

You mean Big Ben handling the ball off to a rb and winning the sb? Or how bout' Brady handling the ball off to a rb?

Yeah Gruden is so great he's jobless.

You don't need a scrambling qb to win sb's. You need good coaches.

mybills
07-28-2009, 10:23 AM
Trent can scramble.

Mahdi
07-28-2009, 10:57 AM
You mean Big Ben handling the ball off to a rb and winning the sb? Or how bout' Brady handling the ball off to a rb?

Yeah Gruden is so great he's jobless.

You don't need a scrambling qb to win sb's. You need good coaches.
Ben won the Super Bowl throwing as much as he did handing it off. And this has nothing to do with my point.

My point was that Vick provides us with a dimension we dont currently have, an extra weapon, another dimension DC have to game plan against.

No matter what you say you cannot invalidate that point.

justasportsfan
07-28-2009, 11:00 AM
Ben won the Super Bowl throwing as much as he did handing it off. And this has nothing to do with my point.

My point was that Vick provides us with a dimension we dont currently have, an extra weapon, another dimension DC have to game plan against.

No matter what you say you cannot invalidate that point.

That other dimension hasn't won anyone sbs. Thats my point. Brady and Ben won sb's without having to run like Vick. MY point has proof.

Another thing, we can't even throw right, we can't even run qb draws right, we don't have screen plays in our books,etc.etc. and you want to draw up another dimension? Who's gonna design the plays? Who do you think we have as coach? McDaniels?

Mahdi
07-28-2009, 11:19 AM
That other dimension hasn't won anyone sbs. Thats my point. Brady and Ben won sb's without having to run like Vick. MY point has proof.

Another thing, we can't even throw right, we can't even run qb draws right, we don't have screen plays in our books,etc.etc. and you want to draw up another dimension? Who's gonna design the plays? Who do you think we have as coach? McDaniels?
The Bills need as many weapons as they can get. We dont have Brady, we dont have Roth, we dont have Brees.

No one knows what Trent will do. Matt Ryan showed instant success, Trent has not. Trent has shown inconsistency, reluctance to make plays, questionable decision making at times. He is a question mark.

Having Vick as a backup plan and a gadget player cant hurt this team.

Yasgur's Farm
07-28-2009, 11:36 AM
1) He's a better option at back-up QB than anything we currently have.
2) He's gonna complete an awesome wildcat backfield weather it's here, Miami, New England or someplace else.
3) He'll come cheap.
4) He did his time (and he deserved it).

justasportsfan
07-28-2009, 11:36 AM
Having Vick as a backup plan and a gadget player cant hurt this team.
yes it can. DF/RJ TE/JP. Up Next MV/TE.

I want a qb who will make use of the depth we have at wr and rb positions. Not one who could possibly alienate them.

Mahdi
07-28-2009, 11:49 AM
yes it can. DF/RJ TE/JP. Up Next MV/TE.

I want a qb who will make use of the depth we have at wr and rb positions. Not one who could possibly alienate them.
DF/RJ took us to the playoffs. TE/JP doesn't count because as a general rule of QB controversy someone has to be good.

justasportsfan
07-28-2009, 11:52 AM
DF/RJ took us to the playoffs. TE/JP doesn't count because as a general rule of QB controversy someone has to be good.

and Vick isn't all that either. Once again, Vick could easilt Alienate the wr's and rb's.

Mahdi
07-28-2009, 12:00 PM
and Vick isn't all that either. Once again, Vick could easilt Alienate the wr's and rb's.
Ask Dunn if he was alienated by Vick. And its already been mentioned a thousand times. Vick will not be the starting QB. So no reason to believe he will alienate the WRs. He would be here to run a specific package.

justasportsfan
07-28-2009, 12:26 PM
Ask Dunn if he was alienated by Vick. And its already been mentioned a thousand times. Vick will not be the starting QB. So no reason to believe he will alienate the WRs. He would be here to run a specific package.you say that he won't be a qb now but experience proves that people will be divided as to who should be playing qb.

http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=177436

Mahdi
07-28-2009, 12:34 PM
you say that he won't be a qb now but experience proves that people will be divided as to who should be playing qb.

http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=177436
Put it this way...

If Trent does well then Vick remains as a backup QB who comes in and runs some wildcat and some counter runs.

If Trent stinks it up we go with Vick and let our talent take over the field. One thing about Vick, he has never played with a great receiver like Owens let alone 2 great receivers and he has never had as much talent at RB as he would have here.

The possibilities on any given play would be endless.

justasportsfan
07-28-2009, 12:44 PM
Put it this way...

If Trent does well then Vick remains as a backup QB who comes in and runs some wildcat and some counter runs.

If Trent stinks it up we go with Vick and let our talent take over the field. One thing about Vick, he has never played with a great receiver like Owens let alone 2 great receivers and he has never had as much talent at RB as he would have here.

The possibilities on any given play would be endless.

See, you're already creating a scenario . no thanks. Even if Vick beats Trent a slasher never won a sb. You're thinking about all the good things and not thiking about the bad scenarios that could also happen.

I'm all for finding a better back up that Fitz but not Vick.

kid mickey
07-28-2009, 01:08 PM
Randel El is a slasher who made the winning toss to Ward. So yea that discredits that theory. You don't have to be the starter to make a dang impact. You line up all over the field and you get the ball in this guys hands 5 to 10 snaps a game to see what can happen. He isn't threatening to take Edwards job, he is adding some versatility to the game. People just keep hating on him because of his past that's it. I bet if we had Pat White all the haters of Vick would be pretty psyched to see what he adds to the team.

jamze132
07-28-2009, 03:11 PM
I'm on the Vick bandwagon. He's better than our BU, Fitzpatrick in every aspect of football.

X-Era
07-28-2009, 03:22 PM
Stick a fork in this one!

Thankfully, he wont be a Bill!

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/07/28/bills-dont-want-vick/