PDA

View Full Version : Drayton Florence

nateodoms'bff
07-27-2009, 09:15 PM
Should be cut from the team tomorrow morning. No questions asked.

This is a young team, with a talented QB who is ready to make the step to the next level. The last thing he needs is a second rate corner back, running off at the twitter about signing Michael Vick.

As a devoted Bills fan, Vegetarian, and all around Dog Lover, the thought of Michael Vick in a Bills uniform makes me sick. But beyond that, the idea of having a talentless hack of a QB on the team is some how worse.

Vick will have all the NFL's eyes watching, every second of every day. When Edwards has a bad game, and he will, every fan and national sports writer will clamor for Vick to be the starter, and damage what chemistry will have been built this season.

I really do not see the Bills signing Vick, and the fact that the 5th CB on the team is asking for him, sends a clear signal to me that Drayton Florence is not on board with the plans that the FO and coaching staff have for this team.

kid mickey
07-27-2009, 09:59 PM
I respect your opinion, but I will say I will take any player that can help this team. I don't care if he slaughtered a 1000 dogs. The real question is can he help this team? He's paid his debt to society and should be past this. People that are still angry with him should get past it as well. It's not like he is out slaughtering dogs at this very moment.

TigerJ
07-27-2009, 10:25 PM
I said "Maybe" on a poll about Vick. I'm a dog lover, but when a guy has paid his debt via prison, I'm not going to deny him the opportunity to ever have gainful employment the rest of his life. I'm not convinced he's be a good fit for what the Bills are trying to do offensively. Brian Griese might be a better fit. The opinion of Drayton Florence on Vick in no way should get him cut. Let him make the team or get cut on the merits of his play.

THATHURMANATOR
07-27-2009, 11:16 PM
Should be cut from the team tomorrow morning. No questions asked.

This is a young team, with a talented QB who is ready to make the step to the next level. The last thing he needs is a second rate corner back, running off at the twitter about signing Michael Vick.

As a devoted Bills fan, Vegetarian, and all around Dog Lover, the thought of Michael Vick in a Bills uniform makes me sick. But beyond that, the idea of having a talentless hack of a QB on the team is some how worse.

Vick will have all the NFL's eyes watching, every second of every day. When Edwards has a bad game, and he will, every fan and national sports writer will clamor for Vick to be the starter, and damage what chemistry will have been built this season.

I really do not see the Bills signing Vick, and the fact that the 5th CB on the team is asking for him, sends a clear signal to me that Drayton Florence is not on board with the plans that the FO and coaching staff have for this team.
Oh WAAAHHHH, I wish people would stop whining about Vick... Who the **** cares?

ServoBillieves
07-27-2009, 11:31 PM
I have 3 dogs. A black lab purebred, a golden retriever purebred (runt, though), and a chihuaha/yorkie mix. Do I have an opinion of MV sponsoring a dogfighting ring? Sure, but he spent 2 years in prison for it, that's long enough for a human being. I give him a second chance.

He won't be on the team, but Drayton having an opinion doesn't condemn him to being cut. Don't expect it, don't think it, training camp just started and don't be asinine.

You were begging for diversity in this thread, guess I'll start it.

THATHURMANATOR
07-27-2009, 11:36 PM
I have 3 dogs. A black lab purebred, a golden retriever purebred (runt, though), and a chihuaha/yorkie mix. Do I have an opinion of MV sponsoring a dogfighting ring? Sure, but he spent 2 years in prison for it, that's long enough for a human being. I give him a second chance.

He won't be on the team, but Drayton having an opinion doesn't condemn him to being cut. Don't expect it, don't think it, training camp just started and don't be asinine.

You were begging for diversity in this thread, guess I'll start it.
:bf1:

too many people get emotional sickness. TOUGHEN UP PEOPLE.

jcdavey
07-28-2009, 01:13 AM
i bet florence meant as a rb/wr type

CoolBreeze
07-28-2009, 08:09 AM
Drayton Florence should be a starting CB, just because he's better than the rest.

Bills Juggernaut
07-28-2009, 09:18 AM
I said "Maybe" on a poll about Vick. I'm a dog lover, but when a guy has paid his debt via prison, I'm not going to deny him the opportunity to ever have gainful employment the rest of his life. I'm not convinced he's be a good fit for what the Bills are trying to do offensively. Brian Griese might be a better fit. The opinion of Drayton Florence on Vick in no way should get him cut. Let him make the team or get cut on the merits of his play.

You people speak as if playing in the NFL is the only thing this guy can ever do to make money in order to live. He is 29 years old and in good physical health. You're telling me he can't go work in construction? A factory job? Any other job in this country that a man his age and physical well being can do?

Don't give me that 'gainful employment' BS. He can work.

The NFL in a fan driven business first and foremost. It's image is everything. I'm sorry, palying in the NFL has certain responsibilties that emcompass the job. One of which is to live at a higher standard than most of us. That includes the fact that in breaking the law you jepordize your chance of ever playing in the league again. He knew this before he activley took part in fighting dogs. He knew it and still raised dogs to fight and kill each other.

Bills Juggernaut
07-28-2009, 09:45 AM

too many people get emotional sickness. TOUGHEN UP PEOPLE.

Let's talk tough big guy. Let's show everyone what a tough guy you are because you are willing to forgo all manner of truly disgusting behavior as long as a guy can run and throw a football.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
<o:p></o:p>
Thrumanator I ask you, have you ever seen a dog fight on video? Have you ever heard the yelping a dog has as he cries for help as it's last breathe is being taking away buy another dog chomping on his neck? Have you ever seen the soaking blood on the floor of the ring mixed with hair and chunks of flesh? Have you seen a dog that survived a fight? All cut up, bleeding, shacking, whimpering, scared. <o:p></o:p>
How about the fact that a dog looks to it's owner as his protector. That same dog who will give up it's life to defend his. <o:p></o:p>
How do you think that those dogs looked at Michael Vick as he physically pick up over his head and threw to the ground as while he was doing it to them, huh? How about the fact that they probably didn't die the first, second, or third time he picked them up over his head and threw them to the pavement. How about the breaking bones the dogs had to suffer before they finally let go? How about their blood coming out of their nose and ears and up through they're thought as they struggled to breathe? How about listening to their skull crack on the pavement over the sounds of Michael and his scumbag buddies laughing about it?<o:p></o:p>
I guess this doesn’t bother you because your tough. Real tough guy. People like you who are willing to forgive anyone if they did their time make me sick. I guess that makes me emotional untough. Some acts of human behavior are unforgivable.<o:p></o:p>
The NFL is a league of privilege. You people act as though it is a right.<o:p></o:p>

justasportsfan
07-28-2009, 10:05 AM
warning, ma be too graphic .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=seF0vC1go5s

zone
07-28-2009, 10:20 AM
Let's talk tough big guy. Let's show everyone what a tough guy you are because you are willing to forgo all manner of truly disgusting behavior as long as a guy can run and throw a football.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
Thrumanator I ask you, have you ever seen a dog fight on video? Have you ever heard the yelping a dog has as he cries for help as it's last breathe is being taking away buy another dog chomping on his neck? Have you ever seen the soaking blood on the floor of the ring mixed with hair and chunks of flesh? Have you seen a dog that survived a fight? All cut up, bleeding, shacking, whimpering, scared. <o:p></o:p>
How about the fact that a dog looks to it's owner as his protector. That same dog who will give up it's life to defend his. <o:p></o:p>
How do you think that those dogs looked at Michael Vick as he physically pick up over his head and threw to the ground as while he was doing it to them, huh? How about the fact that they probably didn't die the first, second, or third time he picked them up over his head and threw them to the pavement. How about the breaking bones the dogs had to suffer before they finally let go? How about their blood coming out of their nose and ears and up through they're thought as they struggled to breathe? How about listening to their skull crack on the pavement over the sounds of Michael and his scumbag buddies laughing about it?<o:p></o:p>
I guess this doesn’t bother you because your tough. Real tough guy. People like you who are willing to forgive anyone if they did their time make me sick. I guess that makes me emotional untough. Some acts of human behavior are unforgivable.<o:p></o:p>
The NFL is a league of privilege. You people act as though it is a right.<o:p></o:p>
Exactly, you do not change from being a lunatic. The type of person that can do those types of things is damaged, there is no fix available.

Like a previous poster said, the NFL is a fan driven league, hard to be a fan of this....

"They told of how Vick participated in the killing of dogs that didn't perform well in test fights by shooting, hanging, drowning or slamming them to the ground."

doormatt
07-28-2009, 10:38 AM

Amen, brother! Well said.

I have seen the results of animal abuse up-close and personal. Abusing animals ranks right up there with abusing children. They are both innocent and helpless.

I don't want any sociopath, who takes pleasure in torturing animals, being on the team I support. Most of us who have pets consider them family members and cannot relate to such sadistic and twisted behavior.

trapezeus
07-28-2009, 10:56 AM
has there been any rumblings aside from fan chatter about vick and the bills? i haven't seen anything more substantiative. Why even waste our time over this discussion?

THATHURMANATOR
07-28-2009, 11:00 AM
I don't disagree that those are all horrible things but they didn't affect me personally. To me it is false outrage. It wasn't my pet and I didn't see it happen. I don't see people freaking about the cows, Pigs, and chickens they stuff in their mouths.

I even completely understand people not wanting him on the Bills but some are just going soo overboard it is annoying. Advocating people be cut for their opinions or saying they are going to give up being Bills fans and returning their season tickets. COME ON...

THATHURMANATOR
07-28-2009, 11:01 AM
has there been any rumblings aside from fan chatter about vick and the bills? i haven't seen anything more substantiative. Why even waste our time over this discussion?
Exactly.

nateodoms'bff
07-28-2009, 06:09 PM
I don't disagree that those are all horrible things but they didn't affect me personally. To me it is false outrage. It wasn't my pet and I didn't see it happen. I don't see people freaking about the cows, Pigs, and chickens they stuff in their mouths.

I even completely understand people not wanting him on the Bills but some are just going soo overboard it is annoying. Advocating people be cut for their opinions or saying they are going to give up being Bills fans and returning their season tickets. COME ON...

Couple of things here.

First. Let me say that as a "Moderator" you set a poor example. I don't post here a lot. I don't work with a computer, so my time on this board is limited. But I wanted to say that I think your response to this thread, though valid in every way, is not only inflammatory but naive and immature.

There is a reason that our world, our culture, and our future is in such dire straits. The attitude of it didn't happen to me so who cares, is precisely why we as a generation are failing.

As a Vegetarian for over 19 years, I have been angry with those that eat meat. I do my best to help any animal I see, and care for my animal companions as my children. So to answer to you statement, I do get outraged by animal cruelty. I am angry about the way that animals are treated in Factory Farms and Slaughterhouses, but I cannot do any more than lead by example. I can't make a culture of convenience change by wishing it away. But as a fan of the Bills and the NFL, and as a consumer of their products, I will use any opportunity I can to voice my displeasure.

As a fan of the NFL and the Buffalo Bills, I feel it is a direct offense to my sensibilities as a human being, for Michael Vick to be allowed to play football. And the notion that he needs to make a living, well, so do about 10 million Americans who can't find work. Most of which are not convicted felons. And of those that are felons, don't get a chance to make millions of dollars, only a few short days after their release.

I also see Drayton Florence's desire for him as a teammate, reprehensible. It is an blatant disregard for the TEAM spirit that seems to be forming in the locker room. His desire to bring in another QB, who is not suited to play in this offense, also shows his lack of true football knowledge. Which in many games, he has displayed. A player like that can not help the Bills in anyway, and should be cut from the team. There were a lot of people who really didn't care if he was on the team, and a lot more that were against the signing. It's not as if he were the 2nd CB on this team, and the only option at the position. He'll be lucky to make the team as it is, let alone after making asinine statements.

Joe Fo Sho
07-28-2009, 07:31 PM

RamblingMisnomer
07-28-2009, 07:59 PM
Couple of things here.

First. Let me say that as a "Moderator" you set a poor example. I don't post here a lot. I don't work with a computer, so my time on this board is limited. But I wanted to say that I think your response to this thread, though valid in every way, is not only inflammatory but naive and immature.

There is a reason that our world, our culture, and our future is in such dire straits. The attitude of it didn't happen to me so who cares, is precisely why we as a generation are failing.

As a Vegetarian for over 19 years, I have been angry with those that eat meat. I do my best to help any animal I see, and care for my animal companions as my children. So to answer to you statement, I do get outraged by animal cruelty. I am angry about the way that animals are treated in Factory Farms and Slaughterhouses, but I cannot do any more than lead by example. I can't make a culture of convenience change by wishing it away. But as a fan of the Bills and the NFL, and as a consumer of their products, I will use any opportunity I can to voice my displeasure.

As a fan of the NFL and the Buffalo Bills, I feel it is a direct offense to my sensibilities as a human being, for Michael Vick to be allowed to play football. And the notion that he needs to make a living, well, so do about 10 million Americans who can't find work. Most of which are not convicted felons. And of those that are felons, don't get a chance to make millions of dollars, only a few short days after their release.

I also see Drayton Florence's desire for him as a teammate, reprehensible. It is an blatant disregard for the TEAM spirit that seems to be forming in the locker room. His desire to bring in another QB, who is not suited to play in this offense, also shows his lack of true football knowledge. Which in many games, he has displayed. A player like that can not help the Bills in anyway, and should be cut from the team. There were a lot of people who really didn't care if he was on the team, and a lot more that were against the signing. It's not as if he were the 2nd CB on this team, and the only option at the position. He'll be lucky to make the team as it is, let alone after making asinine statements.

So this isnt even about Vick then its about your personal choices and attitude. You made a choice to be a vegetarian and to be angry at those that don't make the same choices is a sign of the same comments you made above about others.

Stewie
07-28-2009, 08:22 PM
Let's talk tough big guy. Let's show everyone what a tough guy you are because you are willing to forgo all manner of truly disgusting behavior as long as a guy can run and throw a football.<o:p></o:p>
Thrumanator I ask you, have you ever seen a dog fight on video? Have you ever heard the yelping a dog has as he cries for help as it's last breathe is being taking away buy another dog chomping on his neck? Have you ever seen the soaking blood on the floor of the ring mixed with hair and chunks of flesh? Have you seen a dog that survived a fight? All cut up, bleeding, shacking, whimpering, scared. <o:p></o:p><o:p></o:p>

Everything you just described happens in nature every single day. And if it didn't, none of us would be alive because the food chain would be broken.

Life is messy. So what? I don't watch bills football games get lessons on morality. I watch the games to see my team score more points than the other team.

If satan himself was a free agent, and he was better than the guy he knocked off the roster, I'd be all for it.

nateodoms'bff
07-28-2009, 08:33 PM
So this isnt even about Vick then its about your personal choices and attitude. You made a choice to be a vegetarian and to be angry at those that don't make the same choices is a sign of the same comments you made above about others.

Actually, yes.

Because I believe that its wrong to harm innocent animals for convenience and entertainment, I think that Michael Vick should not play for the Buffalo Bills. Or in the NFL for that matter.

However.

I also feel that because Michael Vick is not only a terrible human being, but also a terrible QB(note the use of the bold faced abbreviation QB. Its the only position he has played professionally, so therefore the only one that he has proven to be able to play effectively) i think that Drayton Florence's desire to have him on the team shows that he is a terrible teammate, and exhibits little to no knowledge of the game of football. Both of these reasons is my reasoning for this thread.

So now that we have clarified my position, do you have a comment about it? Or are you just gong to continue to state the obvious?

RamblingMisnomer
07-28-2009, 08:51 PM
Actually, yes.

Because I believe that its wrong to harm innocent animals for convenience and entertainment, I think that Michael Vick should not play for the Buffalo Bills. Or in the NFL for that matter.

However.

I also feel that because Michael Vick is not only a terrible human being, but also a terrible QB(note the use of the bold faced abbreviation QB. Its the only position he has played professionally, so therefore the only one that he has proven to be able to play effectively) i think that Drayton Florence's desire to have him on the team shows that he is a terrible teammate, and exhibits little to no knowledge of the game of football. Both of these reasons is my reasoning for this thread.

So now that we have clarified my position, do you have a comment about it? Or are you just gong to continue to state the obvious?

You didnt really need to clarify anything. It was pretty clear from your earlier statement. You said you get angry with people who simply eat meat. Its pretty cut and dry with that. Your choice, your decision, your attitude. Vick didnt have to even harm a hair on a dog for you not to like him. No big deal, its your decision. No real skin off my back. Just pointing out that the animal abuse and cruelty really doesnt have any affect on your opinion of him because he's not of a similar mindset to yourself, there for you get angry with him as you stated.

As for about Vick being a bad NFL QB, his numbers are comparable statistically to Eli Manning and better than our own Trent Edwards (Passing not Running). I posted that here in this thread...http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showpost.php?p=2948535&postcount=25

THATHURMANATOR
07-28-2009, 09:14 PM
Couple of things here.

I again never said the things the guy did were not horrible. I just find it fake for people to act like they would be so upset that would no longer be Bills fans if we signed him (which we all knew from the get go we wouldn't). Sorry that is how I feel. Take it or leave it.

tampabay25690
07-28-2009, 09:57 PM
I luv dogs too...
But Vick will get a shot to play again and to be honest he is a hell of a competitor when he is on the field....