X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • nateodoms'bff
    • Dec 2008

Drayton Florence

Should be cut from the team tomorrow morning. No questions asked.

This is a young team, with a talented QB who is ready to make the step to the next level. The last thing he needs is a second rate corner back, running off at the twitter about signing Michael Vick.

As a devoted Bills fan, Vegetarian, and all around Dog Lover, the thought of Michael Vick in a Bills uniform makes me sick. But beyond that, the idea of having a talentless hack of a QB on the team is some how worse.

Vick will have all the NFL's eyes watching, every second of every day. When Edwards has a bad game, and he will, every fan and national sports writer will clamor for Vick to be the starter, and damage what chemistry will have been built this season.

I really do not see the Bills signing Vick, and the fact that the 5th CB on the team is asking for him, sends a clear signal to me that Drayton Florence is not on board with the plans that the FO and coaching staff have for this team.
  • kid mickey
    • Apr 2009

Re: Drayton Florence

I respect your opinion, but I will say I will take any player that can help this team. I don't care if he slaughtered a 1000 dogs. The real question is can he help this team? He's paid his debt to society and should be past this. People that are still angry with him should get past it as well. It's not like he is out slaughtering dogs at this very moment.
    Biggest Donte Whitner supporter on this entire message board...Maybe biggest Donte Whitner fan ever...Wish there was a white throwback out that I could get of you guessed it #20...

Comment

• TigerJ
      • Jul 2002

I said "Maybe" on a poll about Vick. I'm a dog lover, but when a guy has paid his debt via prison, I'm not going to deny him the opportunity to ever have gainful employment the rest of his life. I'm not convinced he's be a good fit for what the Bills are trying to do offensively. Brian Griese might be a better fit. The opinion of Drayton Florence on Vick in no way should get him cut. Let him make the team or get cut on the merits of his play.
      I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by nateodoms'bff
        Should be cut from the team tomorrow morning. No questions asked.

This is a young team, with a talented QB who is ready to make the step to the next level. The last thing he needs is a second rate corner back, running off at the twitter about signing Michael Vick.

As a devoted Bills fan, Vegetarian, and all around Dog Lover, the thought of Michael Vick in a Bills uniform makes me sick. But beyond that, the idea of having a talentless hack of a QB on the team is some how worse.

Vick will have all the NFL's eyes watching, every second of every day. When Edwards has a bad game, and he will, every fan and national sports writer will clamor for Vick to be the starter, and damage what chemistry will have been built this season.

I really do not see the Bills signing Vick, and the fact that the 5th CB on the team is asking for him, sends a clear signal to me that Drayton Florence is not on board with the plans that the FO and coaching staff have for this team.
        Oh WAAAHHHH, I wish people would stop whining about Vick... Who the **** cares?

Comment

• ServoBillieves
          The Voice of Reason
          • Jul 2007

I have 3 dogs. A black lab purebred, a golden retriever purebred (runt, though), and a chihuaha/yorkie mix. Do I have an opinion of MV sponsoring a dogfighting ring? Sure, but he spent 2 years in prison for it, that's long enough for a human being. I give him a second chance.

He won't be on the team, but Drayton having an opinion doesn't condemn him to being cut. Don't expect it, don't think it, training camp just started and don't be asinine.

You were begging for diversity in this thread, guess I'll start it.
          Bye Bye Brady...

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by HargroveforMVP
            I have 3 dogs. A black lab purebred, a golden retriever purebred (runt, though), and a chihuaha/yorkie mix. Do I have an opinion of MV sponsoring a dogfighting ring? Sure, but he spent 2 years in prison for it, that's long enough for a human being. I give him a second chance.

He won't be on the team, but Drayton having an opinion doesn't condemn him to being cut. Don't expect it, don't think it, training camp just started and don't be asinine.

You were begging for diversity in this thread, guess I'll start it.

too many people get emotional sickness. TOUGHEN UP PEOPLE.

Comment

• jcdavey
              • Dec 2006

i bet florence meant as a rb/wr type

Comment

• CoolBreeze
                • Feb 2009

Drayton Florence should be a starting CB, just because he's better than the rest.

Comment

• Bills Juggernaut
                  • Aug 2006

Originally posted by TigerJ
                  I said "Maybe" on a poll about Vick. I'm a dog lover, but when a guy has paid his debt via prison, I'm not going to deny him the opportunity to ever have gainful employment the rest of his life. I'm not convinced he's be a good fit for what the Bills are trying to do offensively. Brian Griese might be a better fit. The opinion of Drayton Florence on Vick in no way should get him cut. Let him make the team or get cut on the merits of his play.
                  You people speak as if playing in the NFL is the only thing this guy can ever do to make money in order to live. He is 29 years old and in good physical health. You're telling me he can't go work in construction? A factory job? Any other job in this country that a man his age and physical well being can do?

Don't give me that 'gainful employment' BS. He can work.

The NFL in a fan driven business first and foremost. It's image is everything. I'm sorry, palying in the NFL has certain responsibilties that emcompass the job. One of which is to live at a higher standard than most of us. That includes the fact that in breaking the law you jepordize your chance of ever playing in the league again. He knew this before he activley took part in fighting dogs. He knew it and still raised dogs to fight and kill each other.
                  The One and Only

Comment

• Bills Juggernaut
                    • Aug 2006

Originally posted by THATHURMANATOR

too many people get emotional sickness. TOUGHEN UP PEOPLE.

Let's talk tough big guy. Let's show everyone what a tough guy you are because you are willing to forgo all manner of truly disgusting behavior as long as a guy can run and throw a football.

Thrumanator I ask you, have you ever seen a dog fight on video? Have you ever heard the yelping a dog has as he cries for help as it's last breathe is being taking away buy another dog chomping on his neck? Have you ever seen the soaking blood on the floor of the ring mixed with hair and chunks of flesh? Have you seen a dog that survived a fight? All cut up, bleeding, shacking, whimpering, scared.

How about the fact that a dog looks to it's owner as his protector. That same dog who will give up it's life to defend his.

How do you think that those dogs looked at Michael Vick as he physically pick up over his head and threw to the ground as while he was doing it to them, huh? How about the fact that they probably didn't die the first, second, or third time he picked them up over his head and threw them to the pavement. How about the breaking bones the dogs had to suffer before they finally let go? How about their blood coming out of their nose and ears and up through they're thought as they struggled to breathe? How about listening to their skull crack on the pavement over the sounds of Michael and his scumbag buddies laughing about it?

I guess this doesn’t bother you because your tough. Real tough guy. People like you who are willing to forgive anyone if they did their time make me sick. I guess that makes me emotional untough. Some acts of human behavior are unforgivable.

The NFL is a league of privilege. You people act as though it is a right.
                    The One and Only

Comment

• justasportsfan
                      • Jul 2002

warning, ma be too graphic .

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
                      sacrifice1
                      https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• zone
                        No, look. I do mind. The Dude minds.
                        • Oct 2003

Originally posted by Bills Juggernaut
                        Let's talk tough big guy. Let's show everyone what a tough guy you are because you are willing to forgo all manner of truly disgusting behavior as long as a guy can run and throw a football.

Thrumanator I ask you, have you ever seen a dog fight on video? Have you ever heard the yelping a dog has as he cries for help as it's last breathe is being taking away buy another dog chomping on his neck? Have you ever seen the soaking blood on the floor of the ring mixed with hair and chunks of flesh? Have you seen a dog that survived a fight? All cut up, bleeding, shacking, whimpering, scared.

How about the fact that a dog looks to it's owner as his protector. That same dog who will give up it's life to defend his.

How do you think that those dogs looked at Michael Vick as he physically pick up over his head and threw to the ground as while he was doing it to them, huh? How about the fact that they probably didn't die the first, second, or third time he picked them up over his head and threw them to the pavement. How about the breaking bones the dogs had to suffer before they finally let go? How about their blood coming out of their nose and ears and up through they're thought as they struggled to breathe? How about listening to their skull crack on the pavement over the sounds of Michael and his scumbag buddies laughing about it?

I guess this doesn’t bother you because your tough. Real tough guy. People like you who are willing to forgive anyone if they did their time make me sick. I guess that makes me emotional untough. Some acts of human behavior are unforgivable.

Exactly, you do not change from being a lunatic. The type of person that can do those types of things is damaged, there is no fix available.

Like a previous poster said, the NFL is a fan driven league, hard to be a fan of this....

"They told of how Vick participated in the killing of dogs that didn't perform well in test fights by shooting, hanging, drowning or slamming them to the ground."
                        www.blzbus.com

Comment

• doormatt
                          • Apr 2003

Amen, brother! Well said.

I have seen the results of animal abuse up-close and personal. Abusing animals ranks right up there with abusing children. They are both innocent and helpless.

I don't want any sociopath, who takes pleasure in torturing animals, being on the team I support. Most of us who have pets consider them family members and cannot relate to such sadistic and twisted behavior.

Comment

• trapezeus
                            Legendary Zoner
                            • Oct 2004

has there been any rumblings aside from fan chatter about vick and the bills? i haven't seen anything more substantiative. Why even waste our time over this discussion?

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                              • Jul 2002

I don't disagree that those are all horrible things but they didn't affect me personally. To me it is false outrage. It wasn't my pet and I didn't see it happen. I don't see people freaking about the cows, Pigs, and chickens they stuff in their mouths.

I even completely understand people not wanting him on the Bills but some are just going soo overboard it is annoying. Advocating people be cut for their opinions or saying they are going to give up being Bills fans and returning their season tickets. COME ON...

Comment

Working...
                              X