• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The Juice Is Loose
    All-Pro Zoner
    • Feb 2009

Petition to not sign Vick

I'm sorry, but if the Bills sign Vick I'm moving on with my life. It has nothing to do with dogs and all to do with the fact that he's terrible.

I don't care if he runs a 40 in 2 seconds. I don't want him on my team. Whatsoever. Trent has a ton of upside, he's young and could be good, that's what I want.

There is zero need for some fast guy who knows squat about playing quarterback and has been sitting in a jail cell for 2 years collecting dust and is around 30 years old to even come close to here.

I feel that this is all media and the soon to be cut Drayton Florence suggesting something that isn't going to happen, rather than real speculation. If Ralph endorsed Jauron for this year and Brandon stuck with Jauron for this year then then I am willing to bet that signing Vick would mean we signed a new coach as well, because I bet that Jauron would resign to keep Edwards the starter.

I'm going to be having nightmares about this. Brandon needs to sign up for the "Not interested in Vick" list. ASAP.
    Last edited by The Juice Is Loose; 07-28-2009, 01:55 AM.
  • jamesiscool
    suck it fool.
    • Feb 2007

Re: Petition to not sign Vick

He's better than Fitz. IF we sign him, which I am still very VERY not even close to imagine that we will, he would be an instant upgrade across the board. and do you want more media coverage in Buffalo? TO and Vick at the same time would put us on the map much much more than ever before.

I don't agree with what he did, infact I despise it, but you cant question his physical ability.
    Sec 241 row 12 seat 23

Comment

• T-Long
      Circling the Wagons since 1982.
      • Sep 2003

There is no way Russ does this. We have enough on our hands with T.O. For the most part, the PR of it all is good, but if we bring in another high profile controversial player, it will all go down hill. We don't need a QB anyways? It doesn't make sense all across the board...no way it happens.

Comment

• ddaryl
        Everything I post is sexual inuendo
        • Jan 2005

It's not going to happen so I'm not worried.. I'm just disgusted with those who think he should be a Bill.

Comment

• Joe Fo Sho
          Making Spirits Bright
          • Mar 2006

Originally posted by The Juice Is Loose
          I'm sorry, but if the Bills sign Vick I'm moving on with my life. It has nothing to do with dogs and all to do with the fact that he's terrible.

I don't care if he runs a 40 in 2 seconds. I don't want him on my team. Whatsoever. Trent has a ton of upside, he's young and could be good, that's what I want.

There is zero need for some fast guy who knows squat about playing quarterback and has been sitting in a jail cell for 2 years collecting dust and is around 30 years old to even come close to here.

I feel that this is all media and the soon to be cut Drayton Florence suggesting something that isn't going to happen, rather than real speculation. If Ralph endorsed Jauron for this year and Brandon stuck with Jauron for this year then then I am willing to bet that signing Vick would mean we signed a new coach as well, because I bet that Jauron would resign to keep Edwards the starter.

I'm going to be having nightmares about this. Brandon needs to sign up for the "Not interested in Vick" list. ASAP.
          Do you really think that if we sign Vick, he will start at QB??? That's ludicrous, besides he can't even play til "possibly" week 6.

If we do sign him, I wish you the best of luck being a Pats fan with HH.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by The Juice Is Loose

Good Riddance. Another bandwagon ***** gone!

We aren't going to sign him anyways so thanks for the drama.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Joe Fo Sho
              Do you really think that if we sign Vick, he will start at QB??? That's ludicrous, besides he can't even play til "possibly" week 6.

If we do sign him, I wish you the best of luck being a Pats fan with HH.
              He would be the backup and used in certain situations.

I was watching last night and the reinstatement is "BY" week 6. The commissioner could move to reinstate him earlier if he feels it is necessary.

Comment

• Mahdi
                • Mar 2004

Paid his debt more than most NFLers who have committed crimes. Stallworth killed a man, Leonard Little killed a man and both were let off.

Vick lost 100 million, 2 years of his life and his fame.

He deserves a second chance to redeem himself and Buffalo would be a great start.

Comment

• Philagape
                  WIN NOW
                  • Jul 2002

This is not an issue.
                  "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
                  2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• Lexwhat
                    • Feb 2005

Originally posted by THATHURMANATOR
                    He would be the backup and used in certain situations.

I was watching last night and the reinstatement is "BY" week 6. The commissioner could move to reinstate him earlier if he feels it is necessary.
                    Bingo. I can't believe people actually think he will START over Trent.

Vick needs a ton of practice before he is ready to actually play QB in real games. He will be used in situational roles and for other special plays.

Comment

• DMBcrew36
                      • Feb 2005

Wow, you people actually think there is a chance of it happening. Stop worrying.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                        Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                        • May 2003

Originally posted by Lexwhat
                        Bingo. I can't believe people actually think he will START over Trent.

Vick needs a ton of practice before he is ready to actually play QB in real games. He will be used in situational roles and for other special plays.
                        And the QB controversy will start as soon as Trent has one bad game. It's inevitable.
                        Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• The Juice Is Loose
                          All-Pro Zoner
                          • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
                          And the QB controversy will start as soon as Trent has one bad game. It's inevitable.
                          Exactly, especially since the media will twist things around and ruin our team. Its the MEDIA that ruin's TO's teams, not TO.

They'll pester him to aknowledge he likes Vick as a friend and the headline will be "TO wants Vick over Edwards"

I understand you all think he'll be signing as a backup. Well if you think he's going anywhere as a backup your high. This is all super high profile and no matter where he goes its going to cause controversy and dissention on the team.

To the guy who called me a bandwagoner, piss off. I've been following this team tooth and nail since 1988 when I was 6 years old. I know more about the Bills then most, and believe me, I wouldn't become a Pats fan. I'm referring to my financial support of the team, which would end should we sign Vick.

Its funny all of you claim that all your doing is debating but its obvious you make personal attack comments at any opinion anybody has that differs from yours. Vick was a lousy QB and a crappy person. If we want him as wildcat I'd put Freddie or Roscoe out there first. Vick has been sitting in a cell collecting dust for 2 years. Not that he was mentally up to speed with the NFL before he left, but even now he'll be even further behind.

Comment

• The Juice Is Loose
                            All-Pro Zoner
                            • Feb 2009

if we want a backup QB we should sign Brian Greise.

Comment

• Lexwhat
                              • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
                              In general, I'm not concerned about this whole Vick thing or the possibility of it affecting the Bills negatively if he signed with us. If it happens, it happens.

Here's the facts/likely possibilities:

1. Roger Goodell himself reinstated Vick. Just like any person released from jail, Vick has a right to gainful employment. Goodell has given Vick the chance to pursue that employment through the NFL.

2. NO ONE from the Bills FO has come out and said they are staying away from Vick. Not even Chris Brown. Until they do, the Bills are certainly a possible landing spot.

3. If Jauron and company don't make the playoffs this year, they are gone. This is a make or break year, and the Bills/Ralph Wilson are desperate. If they feel that Vick can help them win, then so be it. Not like we fans have any say on the roster to begin with!

4. Vick's contract will almost certainly be a low-risk, 1-year deal. If it doesn't work out and he doesn't help us win, he'll be gone.

Comment

Working...
                              X