PDA

View Full Version : Petition to not sign Vick

The Juice Is Loose
07-28-2009, 01:55 AM
I'm sorry, but if the Bills sign Vick I'm moving on with my life. It has nothing to do with dogs and all to do with the fact that he's terrible.

I don't care if he runs a 40 in 2 seconds. I don't want him on my team. Whatsoever. Trent has a ton of upside, he's young and could be good, that's what I want.

There is zero need for some fast guy who knows squat about playing quarterback and has been sitting in a jail cell for 2 years collecting dust and is around 30 years old to even come close to here.

I feel that this is all media and the soon to be cut Drayton Florence suggesting something that isn't going to happen, rather than real speculation. If Ralph endorsed Jauron for this year and Brandon stuck with Jauron for this year then then I am willing to bet that signing Vick would mean we signed a new coach as well, because I bet that Jauron would resign to keep Edwards the starter.

I'm going to be having nightmares about this. Brandon needs to sign up for the "Not interested in Vick" list. ASAP.

jamesiscool
07-28-2009, 02:27 AM
He's better than Fitz. IF we sign him, which I am still very VERY not even close to imagine that we will, he would be an instant upgrade across the board. and do you want more media coverage in Buffalo? TO and Vick at the same time would put us on the map much much more than ever before.

I don't agree with what he did, infact I despise it, but you cant question his physical ability.

T-Long
07-28-2009, 07:19 AM
There is no way Russ does this. We have enough on our hands with T.O. For the most part, the PR of it all is good, but if we bring in another high profile controversial player, it will all go down hill. We don't need a QB anyways? It doesn't make sense all across the board...no way it happens.

ddaryl
07-28-2009, 07:25 AM
It's not going to happen so I'm not worried.. I'm just disgusted with those who think he should be a Bill.

Joe Fo Sho
07-28-2009, 07:56 AM
I'm sorry, but if the Bills sign Vick I'm moving on with my life. It has nothing to do with dogs and all to do with the fact that he's terrible.

I don't care if he runs a 40 in 2 seconds. I don't want him on my team. Whatsoever. Trent has a ton of upside, he's young and could be good, that's what I want.

There is zero need for some fast guy who knows squat about playing quarterback and has been sitting in a jail cell for 2 years collecting dust and is around 30 years old to even come close to here.

I feel that this is all media and the soon to be cut Drayton Florence suggesting something that isn't going to happen, rather than real speculation. If Ralph endorsed Jauron for this year and Brandon stuck with Jauron for this year then then I am willing to bet that signing Vick would mean we signed a new coach as well, because I bet that Jauron would resign to keep Edwards the starter.

I'm going to be having nightmares about this. Brandon needs to sign up for the "Not interested in Vick" list. ASAP.

Do you really think that if we sign Vick, he will start at QB??? That's ludicrous, besides he can't even play til "possibly" week 6.

If we do sign him, I wish you the best of luck being a Pats fan with HH.

THATHURMANATOR
07-28-2009, 08:00 AM

Good Riddance. Another bandwagon ***** gone!

We aren't going to sign him anyways so thanks for the drama.

THATHURMANATOR
07-28-2009, 08:01 AM
Do you really think that if we sign Vick, he will start at QB??? That's ludicrous, besides he can't even play til "possibly" week 6.

If we do sign him, I wish you the best of luck being a Pats fan with HH.
He would be the backup and used in certain situations.

I was watching last night and the reinstatement is "BY" week 6. The commissioner could move to reinstate him earlier if he feels it is necessary.

Mahdi
07-28-2009, 08:48 AM
Paid his debt more than most NFLers who have committed crimes. Stallworth killed a man, Leonard Little killed a man and both were let off.

Vick lost 100 million, 2 years of his life and his fame.

He deserves a second chance to redeem himself and Buffalo would be a great start.

Philagape
07-28-2009, 08:56 AM
This is not an issue.

Lexwhat
07-28-2009, 10:15 AM
He would be the backup and used in certain situations.

I was watching last night and the reinstatement is "BY" week 6. The commissioner could move to reinstate him earlier if he feels it is necessary.

Bingo. I can't believe people actually think he will START over Trent.

Vick needs a ton of practice before he is ready to actually play QB in real games. He will be used in situational roles and for other special plays.

DMBcrew36
07-28-2009, 10:18 AM
Wow, you people actually think there is a chance of it happening. Stop worrying.

Jan Reimers
07-28-2009, 10:19 AM
Bingo. I can't believe people actually think he will START over Trent.

Vick needs a ton of practice before he is ready to actually play QB in real games. He will be used in situational roles and for other special plays.
And the QB controversy will start as soon as Trent has one bad game. It's inevitable.

The Juice Is Loose
07-28-2009, 10:25 AM
And the QB controversy will start as soon as Trent has one bad game. It's inevitable.

Exactly, especially since the media will twist things around and ruin our team. Its the MEDIA that ruin's TO's teams, not TO.

They'll pester him to aknowledge he likes Vick as a friend and the headline will be "TO wants Vick over Edwards"

I understand you all think he'll be signing as a backup. Well if you think he's going anywhere as a backup your high. This is all super high profile and no matter where he goes its going to cause controversy and dissention on the team.

To the guy who called me a bandwagoner, piss off. I've been following this team tooth and nail since 1988 when I was 6 years old. I know more about the Bills then most, and believe me, I wouldn't become a Pats fan. I'm referring to my financial support of the team, which would end should we sign Vick.

Its funny all of you claim that all your doing is debating but its obvious you make personal attack comments at any opinion anybody has that differs from yours. Vick was a lousy QB and a crappy person. If we want him as wildcat I'd put Freddie or Roscoe out there first. Vick has been sitting in a cell collecting dust for 2 years. Not that he was mentally up to speed with the NFL before he left, but even now he'll be even further behind.

The Juice Is Loose
07-28-2009, 10:26 AM
if we want a backup QB we should sign Brian Greise.

Lexwhat
07-28-2009, 10:41 AM

In general, I'm not concerned about this whole Vick thing or the possibility of it affecting the Bills negatively if he signed with us. If it happens, it happens.

Here's the facts/likely possibilities:

1. Roger Goodell himself reinstated Vick. Just like any person released from jail, Vick has a right to gainful employment. Goodell has given Vick the chance to pursue that employment through the NFL.

2. NO ONE from the Bills FO has come out and said they are staying away from Vick. Not even Chris Brown. Until they do, the Bills are certainly a possible landing spot.

3. If Jauron and company don't make the playoffs this year, they are gone. This is a make or break year, and the Bills/Ralph Wilson are desperate. If they feel that Vick can help them win, then so be it. Not like we fans have any say on the roster to begin with!

4. Vick's contract will almost certainly be a low-risk, 1-year deal. If it doesn't work out and he doesn't help us win, he'll be gone.

The Juice Is Loose
07-28-2009, 11:02 AM
In general, I'm not concerned about this whole Vick thing or the possibility of it affecting the Bills negatively if he signed with us. If it happens, it happens.

Here's the facts/likely possibilities:

1. Roger Goodell himself reinstated Vick. Just like any person released from jail, Vick has a right to gainful employment. Goodell has given Vick the chance to pursue that employment through the NFL.

2. NO ONE from the Bills FO has come out and said they are staying away from Vick. Not even Chris Brown. Until they do, the Bills are certainly a possible landing spot.

3. If Jauron and company don't make the playoffs this year, they are gone. This is a make or break year, and the Bills/Ralph Wilson are desperate. If they feel that Vick can help them win, then so be it. Not like we fans have any say on the roster to begin with!

4. Vick's contract will almost certainly be a low-risk, 1-year deal. If it doesn't work out and he doesn't help us win, he'll be gone.

and if it did help us out he'd be gone next year again.

if jauron and co don't make the playoffs this year we have a shot at cowher/shannahan and mccoy/bradford, tebow in the draft. so why bring vick?

vick has no fit on this team.

i'm not saying he didn't deserve to be reinstated because i feel it would be unconstitutional to ban him. but, i don't want my team to give him the opportunity. he can go destroy the browns or the redskins, that would be fine with me. i don't care about what he did. i personally am willing to bet that dog fighting is actually pretty cool to watch. but, he's a lousy qb, he'd bring a NEGATIVE circus...

he wouldn't help us win. if he could, he would have been helping the falcons win. what did they win? one trip to the nfc championship where he played like ****. the guy can't hit the broad side of a barn. his only asset was his legs and he's been sitting in a cell for 2 years! he has to have lost some speed!

The Juice Is Loose
07-28-2009, 11:03 AM
NOT ONLY THAT, but he was a dome player. How would his cutting translate on our wet slick turf?

It wouldnt. He played like crap when he came here as a Falcon (the game TKo got hurt I believe) and the only way they advance the ball was when we had BS personal fouls for roughing the passer even though we barely touched him.

Vick=crappy QB.

Lexwhat
07-28-2009, 11:24 AM
i don't care about what he did. i personally am willing to bet that dog fighting is actually pretty cool to watch.

:huh:

kid mickey
07-28-2009, 11:34 AM
I like the possibilities of what he could bring to the Bills football team. I like the very idea of him running some Wild-Cat formations for us. No he would not be taking Edwards starting spot away from him, he would be adding a dynamic dimension as a slash player to the line-up. It can't hurt to see what he's got in a slash role.

THATHURMANATOR
07-28-2009, 12:06 PM
I like the possibilities of what he could bring to the Bills football team. I like the very idea of him running some Wild-Cat formations for us. No he would not be taking Edwards starting spot away from him, he would be adding a dynamic dimension as a slash player to the line-up. It can't hurt to see what he's got in a slash role.
Its like talking to the wall Mickey.

These people don't get that Vick wouldn't be our starter but a Hybrid player that would add another dimension.

BAM
07-28-2009, 12:21 PM
I'd sign this petition if it were a petition to sign him! I remember people saying they were leaving after we signed T.O. They got over it. Thsi is just another look at me I'm mad post!

THATHURMANATOR
07-28-2009, 12:22 PM
I'd sign this petition if it were a petition to sign him! I remember people saying they were leaving after we signed T.O. They got over it. Thsi is just another look at me I'm mad post!
Bravo BAMMER!!! :hi5:

kid mickey
07-28-2009, 12:55 PM
I too would sign a petition to get him in Buffalo. What Vick did was atrocious, but he served his time and if he is willing to walk the tight rope, I am willing to watch him. If he falls that's it he's done, but if he succeeds whatever team has him would be certainly interesting to watch. You can't tell me as a slash player he would hurt this team. As long as he understands what his role is, he would most certainly help Buffalo. That was the problem with J.P. and why he wasn't resigned, because he couldn't come to grips with the idea that he wouldn't succeed as the starting QB.

jamze132
07-28-2009, 03:13 PM
I wouldn't start him over Trent. But I would love to see him on the field in certain situations for the Buffalo Bills.