PDA

View Full Version : TE on TO and other notes

northernbillfan
07-28-2009, 05:04 AM
Trent Edwards was on Total Access tonight and spoke on TO and other things.

When asked about the presence TO brings to the field, TE said, "Owens presence elevates the other guys to another level. It's not just the other receivers who's level of play is elevated, but everyone around him. A level he has not seen before. TO can run routes like no one else can"

"Overly impressed with TO's work ethic."

"TO gives me more options and makes me more confident"

TO's troubles with QBs in his past: "Building a great relationship with him. Trusting him. Learning from each other. TO is doing a great job in building a relationship, not only with me, but with everyone in the locker room."

On the 4-0 start and the terrible finish and where do you see the team finishing: "This team is looking to play well into February. Many guys ready to step up in all positions. Namely the back filed be it TE or RB."

When asked about his physical feeling, "I am prepared for the upcoming season. And hoping a for a full season. I did a lot of off season conditioning this winter and spring in Cali and feel the healthiest I've ever felt."

I'd give this interview a 7 out of 10. It was not filled with the usual cliches about how we are going to be the best and how we have worked hard to get where we are today and that TO is just anothe cog in the machine. Trent gave solid answers on ow he is building a relationship with TO and how TO is building one with the team.

trapezeus
07-28-2009, 08:43 AM
play into february? wow, Donte Whitner must be helping him out with his interviews :-)

Good interview though. i haven't really heard much about what kind of physical shape he is in. Last year, they made a big deal that he put on 5 lbs...this year, i've heard nothing. i hope he builds on last year and gets to play the full year. This team needs it.

mybills
07-28-2009, 08:45 AM
I heard he put on another 12 lbs. :idunno:

Jeff1220
07-28-2009, 10:10 AM
Trent talked in one interview about working in California with a trainer and TRX, which is a strap system that allows you to use your body weight to train for strength, balance, and flexibility. I've used TRX quite a bit this summer (I like it enough that I might even buy one for myself - it's about $150) and I can definitely see how that sort of training would add durability. This could help eliminate things like the groin issue at the end of last season, but no training can avoid something like a concussion.

justasportsfan
07-28-2009, 10:49 AM
Trent talked in one interview about working in California with a trainer and TRX, which is a strap system that allows you to use your body weight to train for strength, balance, and flexibility. I've used TRX quite a bit this summer (I like it enough that I might even buy one for myself - it's about $150) and I can definitely see how that sort of training would add durability. This could help eliminate things like the groin issue at the end of last season, but no training can avoid something like a concussion.

:up: Your own home gym without the need for weights . You can also take it with you anywhere you go.

Yasgur's Farm
07-28-2009, 11:12 AM
I heard he put on another 12 lbs. :idunno:There's been nothing mentioned about added weight (other than the offseason before). Just wanna put that to bed before we start seeing a bunch of "Trent's put on 30 pounds of muscle" posts.
http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-3/edwards-prepared-for-long-haul/f32c2d4e-1c0c-4efa-82bd-b97771ba3df2

At the close of his rookie season, the wear and tear of his first NFL season left him bruised, battered and 10 pounds lighter than he had been when he started the year. A rigorous offseason training regimen prior to the 2008 season led to the addition of 12 pounds of lean muscle to his upper body helping him withstand some of the punishment that quarterbacks typically take in a 16-game schedule

northernbillfan
07-28-2009, 03:22 PM
There's been nothing mentioned about added weight (other than the offseason before). Just wanna put that to bed before we start seeing a bunch of "Trent's put on 30 pounds of muscle" posts.
http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-3/edwards-prepared-for-long-haul/f32c2d4e-1c0c-4efa-82bd-b97771ba3df2There were no questions, that I recall about his weight, nor did I pay attention to anything about his weight.

I was trying to make these notes as the interview played so I may have missed some things.

Overall he seems fairly confident about the Bills chances going into this season, but then again so do 31 other teams.

jamze132
07-28-2009, 03:30 PM

A better O-line might help prevent that...

BillsWin
07-28-2009, 03:45 PM
I think this is the actual video
http://www.nfl.com/videos/buffalo-bills/09000d5d81181095/Edwards-at-camp

Patti120
07-28-2009, 03:50 PM
...but no training can avoid something like a concussion.

Not even Mark Kelso's helmet?

Captain gameboy
07-28-2009, 03:54 PM
I just like this guy.

nateodoms'bff
07-28-2009, 06:20 PM
I just like this guy.

Right?

Its been a long time since there was a QB for the Bills I liked. Always cheered for whoever it was but haven't liked any of them since Kelly.

Philagape
07-28-2009, 06:36 PM
There's much to like, more than any Bills QB since Kelly I believe, but the false alarms of the past decade have taught us that it only matters when it counts. We've been burned too many times.